Don't wash your coils in Dawn dishliquid

Just thought I would pass on a lesson I learned today. It is the first time it has happened and I have been soaking my coils in alcohol and then washing with Dawn dish liquid when changing flavors. Today after I had put a coil through that process and it was dry I put it in my tank and filled it with my Unicorn Blood. It tasted just like Dawn. I kept vaping thinking that the taste would eventually go away but it did not and when I thought it is only a dollar and through it in the garbage and put a new coil in It did not taste the Dawn anymore. ( I had wondered if Unicorn Blood had this taste since it is the first time I have tried it ). So from now on when changing flavors it's just a soak in alcohol over night, rinse with very hot water, dry then reuse. I think I can still taste the Dawn and it is not a good taste. The alcohol does not leave a taste on the coil.

I did the same thing when I was still a fresh noob. Had my iClear30 heads soaking in a Dawn soap solution overnight. I even rinsed the heck out out them, but the taste didn't come out. It took about 1/2 tank until the taste finally faded. After that lesson, I only rinsed with hot water and dry burned the coils. :D

Try Efferdent instead. I remove the chimney piece from my EVOD coils, let Efferdent work on them for a while, rinse, let dry and replace the toasted flavor wick with a piece of cotton yarn and presto ..... clean fresh taste ....... if the heating element hasn't burned out. Then it goes in the trash.

I have thought about cleaning them with denture cleaner before but I don't know what the chimney piece is so does it have to be removed? I have not learned how to replace cotton or yarn yet. What would happen if I just put it in the denture cleaner like I do the alcohol and rinse it out well?

The "chimney"is the small tube sticking out the top of the coil/heating element right above where the wick stick out. It has a silicone piece I assume is a gasket to prevent leaking. To take apart, just pull and "twist" as if you're trying to break a pencil. It's easy once you get the hang of it. Whether you have to remove it is up to you. Personally, I think it allows for a more thorough cleaning and allows the wick to be replaced once it gets clogged or toasted. For the yarn, I use white cotton yarn I got from wally-world. There are two wicks - one is wrapped in the heating coil - do not mess with that one. The second wick was explained to me as a flavor wick. It will come out quite easy. To replace it, cut a short piece of yarn, separate it into three strands - you want to use only two strands. Place the two strands across the coil where the original wick was, reseat the chimney making sure it is seated all the way down, reseat the gaket, and you have accomplished a minor rebuild on your miniature fog machine. For your first experiment use a coil you can do without in case something goes wrong. Using denture cleaning tablets without taking the heating element apart is better than nothing, but whether it will give satisfactory results is up to you. I take mine apart. I think it allows for a more complete cleaning, but that might be just my way of thinking.

Just thought I would pass on a lesson I learned today. It is the first time it has happened and I have been soaking my coils in alcohol and then washing with Dawn dish liquid when changing flavors. Today after I had put a coil through that process and it was dry I put it in my tank and filled it with my Unicorn Blood. It tasted just like Dawn. I kept vaping thinking that the taste would eventually go away but it did not and when I thought it is only a dollar and through it in the garbage and put a new coil in It did not taste the Dawn anymore. ( I had wondered if Unicorn Blood had this taste since it is the first time I have tried it ). So from now on when changing flavors it's just a soak in alcohol over night, rinse with very hot water, dry then reuse. I think I can still taste the Dawn and it is not a good taste. The alcohol does not leave a taste on the coil.

Denatured alcohol?

Overnight Iso Alcohol soak followed by a thorough rinsing and drying seems to do the trick for me, but in all honesty I have yet to use any I have done this to and they are in a pint glass now almost half full. I think I am going back to treating them as disposable lol. Too cheap not to imo.