Kanger Pro Tank 2 Leaks on Voltage Mode, Flawless on Wattage Mode

We have also had this discussion in another thread and my newbie fix which helped my situation 100% was to change to a 2.2 ohm and 100% VG juice which is thicker juice... I"m a tad bit surprised that juices are never dicussed as part of the leaking issue because is you think about it, different juice mixes have thinner or thicker viscostity which can lead to leaking through the rubber seals/o-rings or the o-rings are shrinking due to heat of the juice over time? Just my thoughts, I'm new to this.. Sometimes its good to get a fresh/newbie perspective..

Actually juice viscosity is discussed and found to be a factor, it just hasnt been discussed a lot lately. Also, while it is a factor and a valid one, it is the general consensus that the quality control issues with coils is a larger factor and more likely as the coil builds are not extremely consistant and give you other variables that affect juice flow.

We have also had this discussion in another thread and my newbie fix which helped my situation 100% was to change to a 2.2 ohm and 100% VG juice which is thicker juice... I"m a tad bit surprised that juices are never dicussed as part of the leaking issue because is you think about it, different juice mixes have thinner or thicker viscostity which can lead to leaking through the rubber seals/o-rings or the o-rings are shrinking due to heat of the juice over time? Just my thoughts, I'm new to this.. Sometimes its good to get a fresh/newbie perspective..

I have used everything from 100%pg to 50-50 to the new Fuzion formula that is "No PG added but 65% VG" WTF ever that means lol. Either way I have used the full gamet of liquid mixtures and havent found one to leak more or less than the other.

I would bet $$$$$ if OP gets a 5 blister pack of genuine Kanger coils and puts one in, his problem will be solved. I have 6 KPT 2s and before trading some I had 10 Davides and not once did I get a functional coil with the tank.

Actually juice viscosity is discussed and found to be a factor, it just hasnt been discussed a lot lately. Also, while it is a factor and a valid one, it is the general consensus that the quality control issues with coils is a larger factor and more likely as the coil builds are not extremely consistant and give you other variables that affect juice flow.

Not to mention the coils that come with the tanks are kind of like fishing line that comes on a rod and reel when you buy it. The first thing you do is strip it off.

KPT, Davides, T3S, every coil I have ever tried to use that came with a tank leaked. I finally just stopped trying. I have yet to have a bad or leaky coil come out of a Kanger 5pack.

Wow, i didnt know there were still some serious performance and manufacturing defects still. So it seems general consensus is everyone has accepted the lack of consistent and reliable performance. Rather, rely on buying multiple and just finding a one that works?

I have used everything from 100%pg to 50-50 to the new Fuzion formula that is "No PG added but 65% VG" WTF ever that means lol. Either way I have used the full gamet of liquid mixtures and havent found one to leak more or less than the other.

I would bet $$$$$ if OP gets a 5 blister pack of genuine Kanger coils and puts one in, his problem will be solved. I have 6 KPT 2s and before trading some I had 10 Davides and not once did I get a functional coil with the tank.

I was under the understanding the the coils that come in the 5 pk are the same that come with the pro tank itself, are you saying the coils in the replacement 5pk are different in spec(slight improvement made) or that the ones that come from those packages seem to just work better but look exactly the same.

I have taken the wicks apart from the bottom where the white seal meets the tiny metal tube where the wicks make contact with the battery and seen that 1 of the coils are bent and the other is straight and flush making contact with the inside of the metal tube... I think that in most cases the bent coil is pushing that white circular seal out when they are assembled causing leakage onto the battery

Lets think about this; are these wicks hand made or machine made? This may be a good question for Kanger to anwer...Maybe they need a few thousand phone calls to fix their quility control...

Anyways, my MVP with pt2 has been problem free for almost 2 weeks... count me lucky?

Lets think about this; are these wicks hand made or machine made? This may be a good question for Kanger to anwer...Maybe they need a few thousand phone calls to fix their quility control...

Anyways, my MVP with pt2 has been problem free for almost 2 weeks... count me lucky?

Looks like the parts are machined but tolerances are questionable but then obviously assembled by hand. It wouldn't surprise me if the coils are hand made but I cant be sure of that

Only time I've seen it happen is hubby was using a carto and tank combination, and the carto had 2 holes punched in it, with a 70/30 PG ratio. Juice was so thin it flooded the carto.

OP, just make sure the pack you get is GENUINE KANGER - it can double the life, or prevent other issues on it. If it doesn't say Kanger on the end lid, it's not genuine.

Are the two coils that come with the GEnuine kanger pro tank 2 not genuine? I heard they come with two genuine coils at two different resistances. I doubt getting another coil would change, but if others have found the coils that come with the genuine to be a fake or otherwise less effective than the separately sold replacement coil, please do let me know.

In my experiences with Pro Tank 2 and Davide minis, the coils that come with the tanks are junk 90% of the time. I don't think they're fake, just junk. Like Bcarter I've just started taking the things out and set them aside, then put in a fresh coil from a 5-pack to save myself the frustration. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I had a kanger pro tank 2 i was using and noticed it would gurgle and the juice was dissapearing out of the tank, I found it to be leaking, completely disassembled, tightened cores, checked seals, reassembled, and sure enough after sitting a few minutes the juice level was lower and vaping was gurgled and spitting. I went back to the shop after taking apart, wasting juice and time 4-5 times. It would do this everytime after vaping and sitting (i know the kanger tanks may apear to lose fill on initial filling, but it kept dropping each time i picked it up, and not because i was vaping alot.

They said to try on wattage mode (I was using a iTazteVV) - I dont know why it would make a difference, but leaking stops. vaping density is more consistent throughout the draw instead of spitty and "static-y" in voltage mode..

Has anyone else experienced this or is this just me?

and is there a reason/explanation for why this might happen?

Yes, yes, yes! This is happening with my Protank as well. Frankly I'm ready to throw it against a wall I've had so many problems with it! I am new to vaping and love doing it but there have been so many problems with my Protank I don't know if it's worth it. It gurgles, it leaks juice both into the mouthpiece for me to suck up...yuck, or it leaks down into the battery. I also burn through coils in a day, max three days and that's on a low voltage of 4.0! Now I'm sitting here unable to suck through anything! It's like it's completely blocked and I have put in three separate new coils, washed and dried thoroughly the tank, changed the battery, and also tried adjusting the voltage and nothing is working! I have already replaced the tank and also the Zmax once and still having the same problems. I REALLY want to find a reliable, works right out of the box ecig and tank so PLEASE HELP!!

Actually, Mr. Carter, in public you can't, at least in CO because of the public smoking laws.

Actually, Ms. Spydre, in public you can (in most cities and towns), as long as you're 25 feet away from any doorways, at least in Colorado.

Actually, Mr. Carter, in public you can't, at least in CO because of the public smoking laws.

Actually, Ms. Spydre, in public you can (in most cities and towns), as long as you're 25 feet away from any doorways, at least in Colorado.

Tam is right. When it comes to smoking it really does vary from city or county. The Republic of Boulder is the toughest in the state on cigarette smoking, and probably was the leader in defining most of those laws. I grew up in Boulder, so I can bash them all I want to. :) But as for this new "special" law, guessing Spydre and Bcarter are referring to, again will be different from city to city. Banned in one place but allowed in others. Boulder probably being the most liberal on it. I don't really follow this shit anymore and could really care less. Live and be free, just be responsible for your actions.

If you guys reference this new ordinance in Colorado or Oregon one more time, I will ban your ass. Even if you reply to someone. I am sick of this and it does not belong here. Even as a joke. We have this rule for a reason.

Really? The article I read the other day said smoking on public property was forbidden (and made it seem as if it was forbidden anywhere but private property or a hotel that allows it).

Then CO is much the same as IL, except in IL, you have to be 16 feet away from any public doorways. I remember when that law went into effect (1/1/08 - ask me how I remember the date), just prior to that, a business owner basically painted that radius in a semicircle from his doors, so he could know at a glance if they were too close. Still no criminal penalty for it, though.

EDIT: I should specify - that's for smoking outside, near buildings. No smoking at all in businesses (Missouri ruled that bars and places that make a certain percentage of sales money off tobacco sales can still smoke inside, but not Illinois). Biggest bar in Alton made a smoking area that barely passes as outdoor. Yes, it's outside, it has four walls and a roof, and there is MAYBE six inches between the wall and the ceiling. And it's well heated. Oh, and he bought a street to build it. But he has the money to do it. Back when Van Halen was still Van Halen and Van Hagar, when they played St. Louis, they would hit Fast Eddie's, and then end up jamming there, too.

Edited by spydre

• 4 months later...

Have had consistent problems with the protank II. Gurgling, spitting, seemed like 2 of every 3 coils either burnt out in a day or dry vaped. Just got aspire nautilus, so far I love it but its just day one. I like the fact that the coil screws directly into the shaft so is supposedly supposed to be leak free.

• 4 months later...

Ok, found this thread when searching Protank 2 leaking. My Protank 2 leaked the first week I had it. Then suddenly is stopped. I mentioned to my husband 2 days ago, that it hadn't leaked in a week. Stupid me. Suddenly yesterday, it started leaking again. Almost threw it at a wall yesterday. Hubby took it apart, cleaned it, refilled it. Worked fine for the night. This morning, started leaking again. So now I read through this thread and did everything that Bcarter said in his post. Also turned my voltage all the way down. Not currently leaking, but I'm so dang frusterated...