Be concerned?

thvapor

So I've been trying a lot of vendors out for my e liquids. Some b&m some online, and I wonder how safe this stuff is? Granted I'm aware on the ingredients, but what I'm concerned of is the sanitation procedures notice.. Lets look at a company like Coca-Cola.. There factories are spotless with a ton of safety ordanances they must obey by , but it seems e-liquid got a green light .. Say for instance a local b&m has a juice you like, and lets just say the person making the juices has a cold and sneeze. I know some of you would say well they won't come to work.. In this economy you take more risks to make a buck.. I've seen how some shops operate and really anyone can mix there own liquids.. Now there are some great companys like epicjuice that have labs and are sanitized, but the majority are some mom and pop shop filling this juice that could potentially have bacteria growing.. Just wondering why this gets ignored .. True we are not swallowing e liquid, we are still very much so consuming it.. Thoughts opinions?

Edited by thvapor

Did you know that PG is a powerful anti-bacterial? They use it in hospitals as well to kill bacteria.

While I don't want to have someone who is clearly sick and sneezing and coughing all over the place making my juice in filthy conditions, I like to think most places use at least some standard of cleanliness. :)

Did you know that PG is a powerful anti-bacterial? They use it in hospitals as well to kill bacteria.

While I don't want to have someone who is clearly sick and sneezing and coughing all over the place making my juice in filthy conditions, I like to think most places use at least some standard of cleanliness.  :)

True and I'm sure most do but it does make you think

I'm torn on this one, a local b&m makes one of my favorites...Brandy....and they make the juice in house, well more like back room, and far from GMO practices, they have bottles al over the place, desk, counters etc, no gloves or other types of protection. Seems very bathtub to me, but great juice...but all I will buy is that one flavor that nobody else does as well.

I'm at an impasse on this as well... I think the "garage" type of juice producers are the majority out there. I know of a few that are just set up in warehouse type buildings, etc... I think the ones that actually have a "clean room" or protocols in place for sanitation are the minority and the only way to know is to ask because they don't typically "advertise" their procedures. Even if you do ask it does not necessarily mean that you will get an honest answer!

Personally, if they make a good juice and there are no reports or complaints of issues I will keep buying until there is!

Regulation will bring on proper procedures, inspectors and whatever else to be safe. I would think equal to food preparation/packaging.

Really makes me want to make my own juices as prices will most likely rise.

Even the big guys started in the kitchen. You can't compare a multi billion dollar company to a start-up. Granted it should be produced in a clean environment, but, you can't expect a mom and pop place to do what Coke, Pepsi and other big corps do out of the gate. The Juice makers that have a good product build up to better facilities. When doing my DIY juice I dedicate an area just for that. I keep it clean and tidy that is just common sense as well as safety. There are no pets allowed in the area, no kids... So long as someone is mindful of what they are doing I don't take issue with it. Profits from Juice are very small unless you are selling thousands of bottles a day. If a mom and pop place gets to that point then they have to expand out of necessity. That would be the time to upgrade a facility to were even more safety measures get put in place.