Fast Tech

Grant951

I refuse to buy from FastTech. Not because its a poor company to buy from just because im an impatient prick. And a week is too long for me sometimes. Stick to ebay. You can check a sellers feedback and i get all my stuff their and only deal with sellers of 100% positive feedback. Pay a little more for it but its piece of mind.

SO just to provide an update, as of 12/30 I have still not received my Vamo V5 from Fast Tech, originally ordered on November 4th!!

I was able to get a refund through paypal though, glad I used them to pay for the purchase.. and it turns out my item arrived in Los Angles on Dec. 25th, and was processed through the sort facility yesterday, so it looks like I might actually be receiving the V5 afterall. I ended up ordering a V5 from VaporAlley anyways. I don't think I would use FastTech again after this experience with them.

Wait, did you check the tracking BEFORE you asked for your refund via PayPal? If it's in LA now, and you have your refund, what are you going to do when it shows up at your door? And you have to pay international shipping to send it back to Fast Tech? How frequently were you checking the tracking?

I refuse to buy from FastTech. Not because its a poor company to buy from just because im an impatient prick. And a week is too long for me sometimes. Stick to ebay. You can check a sellers feedback and i get all my stuff their and only deal with sellers of 100% positive feedback. Pay a little more for it but its piece of mind.

E-bay is a BAD place to shop for vaping supplies. A lot fakes on there, and bad equipment, and downright bogus batteries and stuff.

I've bought a several things from Ebay mostly rebuilding supplies, but an ehpro electric angel as well. I also just ordered a kayfun lite by tobeco that will be in later this week. So far my experience buying vaping equipment from ebay has gone well (knocks on wood). That being said if I were to buy an expensive high end mod I would stick with a reputable online retailer.

Advise well taken on the batteries Spydre. I've seen the video in the other post. That's super scary.  :yes

Yes, it is. In the morning, I can link you to my favorite battery source, I think it's RTD Batteries, or something like that, but I'm on my phone, and don't have my bookmarks

Wait, did you check the tracking BEFORE you asked for your refund via PayPal? If it's in LA now, and you have your refund, what are you going to do when it shows up at your door? And you have to pay international shipping to send it back to Fast Tech? How frequently were you checking the tracking?

When I asked for my refund through PayPal absolutely nothing showed up with the tracking information, that's why PayPal processed the dispute and closed it in my favor because Fast Tech could not prove they shipped the item to me or that I had received it. It's just a coincidence that the tracking actually updated within days of getting my refund from paypal. I'm not going to send back the Vamo LOL - I'm going to keep it, why would I send it back? I had to use paypal to get my money back, it wasn't offered freely from Fast Tech. I ordered the item on November 4th, I checked tracking every couple of days for almost 2 months straight.. I've ordered other stuff from China, actualy electronics not just a Vape and I never had to wait that long to receive anything.

When I asked for my refund through PayPal absolutely nothing showed up with the tracking information, that's why PayPal processed the dispute and closed it in my favor because Fast Tech could not prove they shipped the item to me or that I had received it. It's just a coincidence that the tracking actually updated within days of getting my refund from paypal. I'm not going to send back the Vamo LOL - I'm going to keep it, why would I send it back? I had to use paypal to get my money back, it wasn't offered freely from Fast Tech. I ordered the item on November 4th, I checked tracking every couple of days for almost 2 months straight.. I've ordered other stuff from China, actualy electronics not just a Vape and I never had to wait that long to receive anything.

That's the thing. They said they would return your money when they received the package back, which they would have if it ended up being refused instead of just held up at the HK Post Office. In this case, IMO, you are taking advantage and getting merchandise for free.

I actually agree with this. I usually err on the side of doing what I conceive is "right" but in this case I would most likely do the same thing and feel fine about it. The most I would do is make one attempt to contact them and see if they want it shipped back and, if so, ask them to provide a shipping label. Again if everything said was true then you went above and beyond to communicate with no reciprocation whatsoever. PayPal doesn't refund money just because you want it, there is a burden of proof that has to be established.

Edited by bcartervol98

Yeah I would make an attempt to contact FT and let them know or just refuse the shipment. It is a matter of morals and ethics. I would hope for discount if it did take 2 months but, if I really wanted the Item I would be willing to pay for it if I kept it.

Yeah I would make an attempt to contact FT and let them know or just refuse the shipment. It is a matter of morals and ethics. I would hope for discount if it did take 2 months but, if I really wanted the Item I would be willing to pay for it if I kept it.

You know I usually side with the vendor being a businessman but if I ordered and paid for something thinking it would be 10-14 days till it arrived and had attempted to contact the vendor about it to no avail and it escalated to a point that PayPal refunded money I would be one pissed off consumer. Maybe it is my distaste of ordering retail from China to save 5-10% on a tiny cost item that makes me feel this way. I understand wholesale vendors get most of their hardware from China due to necessity but, and this is only in my very humble opinion, ordering retail from there....well it just bothers me.

You think that paying $60 for a hammer clone (rough prices from my limited search) plus shipping here in the states compared to 22.50 on FT is 5-10%? That seems more along the lines of closer to 60% savings in my book and shipping is free.....

I am sure there are some things you can save a lot more than 5-10%. I do not even know what the unit you have mentioned here is lol. Its just a personal thing for me, and maybe I should leave it that way so as not to offend people lol.

Oh I'm not offended. Lol I was just trying to figure out the math is all. It didn't add it so to speak. And it's the hammer by Kato clone

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10007023/1569003-hammer-style-mechanical-mod

That's the one I'm talking about.

I get your ideal and while I will back you up on that 99% of the time, however if it's something I can save literally 50% or more and I don't have to have it right now, I'll grab it from FT.

I am sure there are some things you can save a lot more than 5-10%. I do not even know what the unit you have mentioned here is lol. Its just a personal thing for me, and maybe I should leave it that way so as not to offend people lol.

You didn't offend me either, In someways I agree with you, I wouldn't be happy either. It is just when you order from China it is a crap shoot sometimes it gets delayed. That is not FTs fault it is the fault of the shipper and most times customs. To blame FT for something that is beyond their control is just a little unfair. ;) Vendors take that chance so you don't have too. ;)

I think I am being misunderstood. I will pay a lot more to buy from a US retailer even though I know I could buy it cheaper abroad. I know it originated there but in a global economy many times businesses, like the one I run, get lost in the mix. That's why I am loyal to a fault when it comes to those I do business with at any level. That's just me I do not begrudge anyone for saving money it's just in my mind, when I order from Sweet-Vapes or Veteran Vaper, I am supporting our economy even though in a very small way. I know them. I can call them. They send me free stuff from time to time for being a loyal customer. Good folks and I am fortunate enough to not have to vape on a small budget so they get my business.

I think a lot of my attitude comes from running a GM dealer group the last 18 years. I just wish we could get back to building things here, like an affordable mod like the Vamo or others in that price range.

I actually only have purchased the mod itself and a Nimbus clone. I just got a roll of Kanthal A1 also. Im purchasing a nitecore i4 but my batteries i will get through RTD. I have a strict policy of only purchasing from sellers with a 100% rating. I find they are more willing to protect that rating by being top notch. And i only buy from sellers that have at least a year on ebay. So far so good.

I actually agree with this. I usually err on the side of doing what I conceive is "right" but in this case I would most likely do the same thing and feel fine about it. The most I would do is make one attempt to contact them and see if they want it shipped back and, if so, ask them to provide a shipping label. Again if everything said was true then you went above and beyond to communicate with no reciprocation whatsoever. PayPal doesn't refund money just because you want it, there is a burden of proof that has to be established.

See, this is all I'm saying. Yes, when Paypal refunded his money, the tracking was blank, if what we are being told is true (meaning no disrespect to you, Twisted, just this an anon forum, so sometimes you take things with a grain of salt), so when something all of the sudden appears on tracking, you contact the vendor and say, "I know I got my money back from you on this, but now it's suddenly being shipped, what do I do with it?" I'm sure Fast Tech would have provided shipping authorization.