Something seems fishy

Has anyone ever purchased from the site Electro lights. They advertise on here a juice of the week for $2.99. Well I was going to buy a 30ml bottle on watermelon candy for $9.99 but I could not get the site to work so their customer service guy wrote me asking for the following information through email and something just does not seem right. Has anyone bought from them before?

Hello Patricia,
Good news! I logged into your account and added a large bottle of Jolly farmer watermelon. Your total is $9.99 before tax and shipping. Would you like to add anything else to your shopping cart? I can place the order on your behalf if you would be so kind as to send me your:
Nicotine level
Address
Credit card type
Credit card number
Expiration date of card
And cv number (3 digit number on back of card, 4 if it is an Amex)

Run away. Run far away. Screaming.

As a matter of fact, post this in supplier reviews.

That way, if people see the warning there, (it will stay on the front page longer), they may be more likely to remember it.

Edited by spydre

OMG that is HORRIBLE! I would report their site to every place imaginable as being frauds! Sitejabber.com is a great place to really let it all out! FYI - I use crappydisposableecigs.com for my products --- nice and easy and ideal for the low key smoker.

Best Wishes!

Edited by jeffb
removed spam

I ordered from this supplier with no issues. It sounds like he was trying to get your card info because the processing was down on his site. I hope he didnt have ill intentions with your card info, however I dont care who the supplier is I wouldn't give that info outside of a secure online server. Heck even those get hacked at times.

Well I wonder why he did not respond to me after I told he that I could not give that info on a non secure site. He had sent me several emails before that about his site working for everyone but me. It's really too bad because I wanted to try that watermelon candy, it sure did sound good and for a good price. Did you go to the site called electro lights?

Hackers work in mysterious ways... Could be her account was hacked and she was not talking to anyone at the site at all. But thats me, I'm a trained Network & Internet security guy.

At best it was just bad ethics to ask a customer to do that. Sorry but I would not trust any site after asking me to do that. My account is not worth the risk of getting some juice. As a Site owner they should have requested that the customer Paypal the amount to the company. Or even send a check, There are many options other than asking a person to email them CC info.

Well I wonder why he did not respond to me after I told he that I could not give that info on a non secure site. He had sent me several emails before that about his site working for everyone but me. It's really too bad because I wanted to try that watermelon candy, it sure did sound good and for a good price. Did you go to the site called electro lights?

Maybe try going to Walgreens, getting one of those pre-paid Visa cash cards, and using that for your purchases? That way, you aren't giving out your bank account info, and if the guy has shady intentions, you are only out the $20 or so that you loaded the card with. When out oldest went on his band trip to the Chick Fil A Bowl his junior year, that's how his money went with him, rather than sending him down to Atlanta with a stack of cash. As a matter of fact, he kept that card and just kept reloading it when he earned money until he opened his bank account after high school.