Too Harsh!

MadMax

First off we'll need more information before giving you any advice.

What's in the starter kit? Would you post a link so we can see what it is?

What atomizer, cartomizer, clearomizer, tank are you using?

Do you know what ohm the coil is?

Is your battery a variable voltage or fixed voltage?

What brand of juice are you using?

What mg of nicotine is in it?

What's the PG/VG ratio of your juice?

I know this is a lot of questions but in order to give you the best advice of what you might need/want to try... :)

Nicotene level is 12mg, there is 6mg and also 18mg

Brand is lizard juice. I dont know the radio frequencry or ohmz that the heater uses (lol) :)
I jumped on the band wagon because I actually enjoy vaping, just trying to get my "Rig" right

but unfortunetly I have no desire to change brands, I tried Blu Cigs and thru away 70bucks for there

starter kit, Lizard Juice is my 2nd 70dollar investment. No offence guys, I will probably just ask the

store clerk what they recommend, Since I like Brick and Mortar stores as opposed to online

purchasing. Thanks for replying though, I know that I am having alot of fun with the E-vaping :)

But to be fair, It's almost perfect, sometimes if I get a non-harsh hit

everything works fine, but most of the time.. the vapor is too harsh to be inhaled

I don't really like DIY type of stuff.. not when it comes to smoking I dont
(BTW) Yes I would like to quit, but havn't been able to find a reliable smoking apperatus

Nicotene level is 12mg, there is 6mg and also 18mg

Brand is lizard juice. I dont know the radio frequencry or ohmz that the heater uses (lol) :)

I jumped on the band wagon because I actually enjoy vaping, just trying to get my "Rig" right

but unfortunetly I have no desire to change brands, I tried Blu Cigs and thru away 70bucks for there

starter kit, Lizard Juice is my 2nd 70dollar investment. No offence guys, I will probably just ask the

store clerk what they recommend, Since I like Brick and Mortar stores as opposed to online

purchasing. Thanks for replying though, I know that I am having alot of fun with the E-vaping :)

Good luck with that. If I relied on the advice of B&Ms I would probably be outside right now freezing my *** off with a pack of Camel Lights in my pocket. I thank my lucky stars every day I found a helpful community like Vapor Talk. I wish you the best in your looking, but most likely the problem is your equipment and supplies being sub-par in a "big picture" sort of way. I am sure it is the same sort of cheap knockoff starter kits the B&Ms here private label and call something different. I mean no offense, just being honest.

You can get a Vision Spinner 1300mah starter kit with 2 batteries that last a day to a day and a half each, charger, case, and a Pro Tank 2 for about $70. That is VERY expensive for a starter kit that is not a known brand.

But to be fair, It's almost perfect, sometimes if I get a non-harsh hit

everything works fine, but most of the time.. the vapor is too harsh to be inhaled

I don't really like DIY type of stuff.. not when it comes to smoking I dont

(BTW) Yes I would like to quit, but havn't been able to find a reliable smoking apperatus

"ut most of the time.. the vapor is too harsh to be inhaled"

That's not right. Good Luck at the store.

The kit looks to be a knockoff 400mah with CE style clearos(2) and a charger

Maybe you just needs help understanding how they work. I mean if you are really opposed to changing gear and want to make the best with what you have then my only advice would be to

find your favorite flavor

, tip that rig up when you hit it (keep the wick wet)

, dont hit it back to back (chain vape) and

change the top part (clearomizer) in about a week if you're lucky you'll need new clearomizers.

You should know that those types of starter kits are considered a rip off because you could have done better for a little less money. I know that's not exactly what you want to hear.

But if you are serious about vaping and upping your chances of having success then you should read up here and find out more. You've already spent $140. You could have a pretty killer set up for that.

Hey Bebop,
Sounds like you are giving a guarrente that you know a better product.
I was just saying that there's something wrong with my gear. and if so, whats

the best way to fix it. I don't see why you thought I wanted to invest in new gear.
I don't think my rig is a rip off...Just saying.. The company Lizard Juice, should be

able to assist me in .. Well.. The only thing I can say is WTF because I just paid good money
and have crap.. so what the heck should i do

Hey Bebop,

the best way to fix it. I don't see why you thought I wanted to invest in new gear.

I don't think my rig is a rip off...Just saying.. The company Lizard Juice, should be

able to assist me in .. Well.. The only thing I can say is WTF because I just paid good money

If you plan to continue vaping I would invest in decent gear. The CE4 clearos that are most likely cheap off brands like most B&Ms carry are good for 2-3 fills at the most in my beginning experience. Thats my big knock on Brick and Mortars and why I will never buy any hardware there unless I am in a serious pinch; they sell inferior products (some not all, but I would say "most") for inflated prices making people think vaping is a lot more expensive than it is. Then when peoples gear doesnt work the way they thought it would, they go back to smoking. I live in a city of over 100k and there is one B&M that I like their liquids and carries real name brand products and give good advice. Only problem is they are 200-300% higher than the same product online.

Dude you are on the path most of us started on. I spent $80 a piece on a kit for my wife and I from a local cigar store that was garbage. Once you research and find out what is out there a whole new world opens up. Its like cars. If the only car that was available locally was a Hyundai but you could get a Corvette ordering online for the same price would you do it?

I suggest looking into one of the following kits:

http://www.sweet-vapes.com/shop?page=shop.product_details&flypage=vmj_color_plus.tpl&product_id=2104&category_id=54

http://www.sweet-vapes.com/shop?page=shop.product_details&flypage=vmj_color_plus.tpl&product_id=1593&category_id=54

I mostly use a Vamo now, an APV, but I still use my Spinners every time I am not wanting to carry my "Light Saber" with me lol.

A couple tips.

If you get the Pro Tank be sure to pick the ProTank 2

If you get the other one I suggest the T3S as your tank

Definitely upgrade the battery to 1300mah.

I cannot help you with your kit, because there is no advice that will make it work consistently the way you want it to. The CE clearos last a week if you are lucky and have to be replaced. They do not have coils that can be changed if I am looking at what you have correctly.

Edited by bcartervol98

I posted this once before, but this is a picture that represents the steps in my experience with vaping, which I have been 6 months smoke free as of last Sunday. Just to give you an ide of what is out there.

From right to left (where I started to where I am now)

1. NJoy disposable that gave me the will and showed me this was possible to quit cigarettes this way

2. Topaz stick type that I spent $160 on kits for my wife and I (total waste of money, gave them away)

3. 400mah Ego Mini was a step up but very short battery life

4. 1000mah Ego T kit was where I started to really get it and understand what vaping can be

5. 1300mah Vision Spinner is where I learned Variable Voltage is where its at and still use when not using my Vamo

6. Vamo V3 is where I finally broke down and bought a Mod and is what I use 95%+ of the time now

6EF9FB85_zpsb214446d.jpg

I posted this once before, but this is a picture that represents the steps in my experience with vaping, which I have been 6 months smoke free as of last Sunday. Just to give you an ide of what is out there.

From right to left (where I started to where I am now)

1. NJoy disposable that gave me the will and showed me this was possible to quit cigarettes this way

2. Topaz stick type that I spent $160 on kits for my wife and I (total waste of money, gave them away)

3. 400mah Ego Mini was a step up but very short battery life

4. 1000mah Ego T kit was where I started to really get it and understand what vaping can be

5. 1300mah Vision Spinner is where I learned Variable Voltage is where its at and still use when not using my Vamo

6. Vamo V3 is where I finally broke down and bought a Mod and is what I use 95%+ of the time now

6EF9FB85_zpsb214446d.jpg

If you plan to continue vaping I would invest in decent gear. The CE4 clearos that are most likely cheap off brands like most B&Ms carry are good for 2-3 fills at the most in my beginning experience. Thats my big knock on Brick and Mortars and why I will never buy any hardware there unless I am in a serious pinch; they sell inferior products (some not all, but I would say "most") for inflated prices making people think vaping is a lot more expensive than it is. Then when peoples gear doesnt work the way they thought it would, they go back to smoking. I live in a city of over 100k and there is one B&M that I like their liquids and carries real name brand products and give good advice. Only problem is they are 200-300% higher than the same product online.

Dude you are on the path most of us started on. I spent $80 a piece on a kit for my wife and I from a local cigar store that was garbage. Once you research and find out what is out there a whole new world opens up. Its like cars. If the only car that was available locally was a Hyundai but you could get a Corvette ordering online for the same price would you do it?

I suggest looking into one of the following kits:

http://www.sweet-vapes.com/shop?page=shop.product_details&flypage=vmj_color_plus.tpl&product_id=2104&category_id=54

http://www.sweet-vapes.com/shop?page=shop.product_details&flypage=vmj_color_plus.tpl&product_id=1593&category_id=54

I mostly use a Vamo now, an APV, but I still use my Spinners every time I am not wanting to carry my "Light Saber" with me lol.

A couple tips.

If you get the Pro Tank be sure to pick the ProTank 2

If you get the other one I suggest the T3S as your tank

Definitely upgrade the battery to 1300mah.

I cannot help you with your kit, because there is no advice that will make it work consistently the way you want it to. The CE clearos last a week if you are lucky and have to be replaced. They do not have coils that can be changed if I am looking at what you have correctly.

Well stated!

I started with the Cigalikes (510, 901, 401, 112s) they were good for me for a long time. I ended up getting adapters and was using 901 and 510 attys on a 112 batt. Now that I have better gear, I'm alot happer. My advice is follow the advice you have been given here, it is sound and spoken from experance.

Edited by Compenstine

I was very lucky when just starting out. My local B&M only sells genuine Joytech and is a licensed supplier, which is rare. My first set up was an eGo-T 650 mAh pass through with CE4 atomizers. The CE4 only lasted about a week and when I went back the (then) brand new Kangor T2 was out. Those lasted me for several months before I got into the variable voltage Vision Spinner at 900 mAh. Since then I've bought quite a few Spinners in 900 mAh and three in 1300. They're just that good. Just recently I bought my first mod: an Evic, which is...okay but I still prefer the Spinners.

If you go through and read all kinds of threads and posts here you'll learn a lot. Maybe a little too much information at times, but it'll make sense later on when you get more experience. We've rarely led a new vaper in the wrong direction -- when they listen to what we've advised anyway. :)

Hey Bebop,

Yeah, unfortunately you will have to invest in new gear but there is good news. It doesnt have to be outrageous if you know what to buy.

You can keep your battery for now. It will last for a while

Here's exactly what I woyld buy that will keep you happy for a while:

Vision Spinner battery - $25

5 pack Kanger T2 clearomizers - $20

5 pack T2 coil heads - $7

After that you only have to buy the coil heads (heaters tou refer to) to replace a burnt out head. Each head should last you a solid week of heavy vaping if not more.

You just take the T2 clearo apart and pull the old coil and replace it and vape on.

The kind you have now, you can't replace the coil so you have to buy a whole new tank/clearo every week.

There are more options - what I have given you is just a good start.

Using the above I had my last cigarette April 9th

Yeah, unfortunately you will have to invest in new gear but there is good news. It doesnt have to be outrageous if you know what to buy.

You can keep your battery for now. It will last for a while

Here's exactly what I woyld buy that will keep you happy for a while:

Vision Spinner battery - $25

5 pack Kanger T2 clearomizers - $20

5 pack T2 coil heads - $7

After that you only have to buy the coil heads (heaters tou refer to) to replace a burnt out head. Each head should last you a solid week of heavy vaping if not more.

You just take the T2 clearo apart and pull the old coil and replace it and vape on.

The kind you have now, you can't replace the coil so you have to buy a whole new tank/clearo every week.

There are more options - what I have given you is just a good start.

Using the above I had my last cigarette April 9th

With the above you'll also want to add a genuine Joytech charger and wall adapter. Do not ever charge using the USB port on your computer or a car charger -- especially unattended. These are lithium batteries so you want to stay safe. :)

The Vision Spinners are variable voltage. You start with the lowest setting, vape, turn it up a little, vape, when you start getting a burnt taste you turn it down until you get the best taste from your clearomizer (T2) and keep it there.

You can get everything that Bebop suggested at The Veteran Vaper. No one that I know of has ever gotten a bad shopping experience with Brian, the owner of this online store. His customer service is excellent!

Yeah. Breaks my heart to see $140 spent with little to no chance of getting off the ciggys if thats what madmax wnts to do.

It's important to me that people have success with vaping.

Noo Wiz, But thanks
I've tried enough brands to know what I'm looking for
preferably smoother vapor (smoke).. b/c the rig I have now

is way too harsh. I will take it back to the store, See what the

clerk has to say. It's possible that I will buy a 50/50 pg / vg

e-juice before I go out and by a new system. I will be glad if

it saves me a few dollars. but I havn't given up on vaping guys

I'm here to learn and chat.

Mad Max

I don't know if this was posted yet or not, so I'll jump in blindly.

When you take a puff, let it sit in your mouth for a second, let a little escape, now inhale/exhale. That's the only way I can drag without coughing. Sometimes I don't even need to inhale at all anymore... It depends upon the vapor produced.