Direct Dripping

I am looking for a direct dripping carbonized that I can use to sample flavors I order or to use when I'm looking to mix flavors or cape several different flavors in quick succession. Where can I find this? Also one that would preferably work with the drip shield on my k100 and from buckys bargain store since I'm about to place a big order there. Also, are their efest batteries good? Thanks!

Edited by Grant951

http://www.empiremods.com/product_p/driptxxxl.htm

I get a lot of drip tips from Keith at Empire Mods. He also sells atomizers so you might want to take a look while you're there. Empire Mods sells quality stuff with excellent customer service. I never worry when I do business with him. :)

Oh, and you might also want to get your drip shield from Keith as he's the one who invented them.

Edited by Tameiki

Okay, I have questions about direct dripping. Firstly, how do you do it? Is it messy? I mean, would I be risking dripping on the furniture, or is there no fear about that, as in you don't have to worry about that.

Also, I've heard people mention that they always take dripping attys with them when they are going to sample juice. Do you not have to clean it out between flavors, or do you bring more than one? And can you get into dripping without doing the rebuildable thing?

I know I'm asking a butt TON of questions lately, I'm just trying to figure out which direction I want to go. At first I thought cartos, even after investing all the money in KPT2, but they are harder to fill, and I really don't NEED the extra capacity of a carto, and they could be difficult to fill (hubby thinks because of my hands, I would have issues), and then the guy at Better Vapes said he could never get into cartos/tanks, because it always seemed to him to be too wet or too dry, but I wasn't even INVOLVED in that conversation, I was just eavesdropping on my hubby's convo, actually about something else completely.

But Brian Carter mentioned in another thread about having to fill his wife's tanks every night - I think if I went to carto/tank set ups, it would be my hubby filling my tanks every night, unless I managed to get a precision fill tip for every flavor I had in a carto/tank. And I don't want to be dependent on him for that, I need to be able to do my own stuff - which is why I'm not going the RBA/RBD route. But anyway, about dripping, can anyone give me any info?

Oh, and I THINK, when I think I MIGHT have a chance of tasting chocolate vape, I might break out the iClear to test that....I dunno.

Edited by spydre

Explain amps to me if you don't mind? I want to make sure I won't be doing that.

If you plan to build your own coils one needs to understand the Amperage of the battery in use.

4 Volts with a 0.5 Ohm coil will give you 8 Amps. I believe a lot of the EFest (the ones I have) are rated for 10 Amps max. As Proetus said, they make 30A battery's. This would be used by the hard core, "Sub Ohm", advanced users or anyone with the want for a large safety net from battery failure.

Failure, I've heard, will be a release of gasses and most likely spew some goo or catch fire and possibly explode. This makes me a teensy bit nervous using my brass clone mod so I keep my resistance (Ohms) at 1.5 ish. I don't trust the breather holes the maker drilled in it have been tested for a very quick expansion. Mods typically don't have the circuitry to shut down during a hard short.

I have never had a failure so the above is only speculation. But I highly recommend to get a multi meter and read up on building. It rocks!! Big fat fluffy hits from heaven. :)

Edited by ChrisP

Okay, I have questions about direct dripping. Firstly, how do you do it? Is it messy? I mean, would I be risking dripping on the furniture, or is there no fear about that, as in you don't have to worry about that.

Also, I've heard people mention that they always take dripping attys with them when they are going to sample juice. Do you not have to clean it out between flavors, or do you bring more than one? And can you get into dripping without doing the rebuildable thing?

I know I'm asking a butt TON of questions lately, I'm just trying to figure out which direction I want to go. At first I thought cartos, even after investing all the money in KPT2, but they are harder to fill, and I really don't NEED the extra capacity of a carto, and they could be difficult to fill (hubby thinks because of my hands, I would have issues), and then the guy at Better Vapes said he could never get into cartos/tanks, because it always seemed to him to be too wet or too dry, but I wasn't even INVOLVED in that conversation, I was just eavesdropping on my hubby's convo, actually about something else completely.

But Brian Carter mentioned in another thread about having to fill his wife's tanks every night - I think if I went to carto/tank set ups, it would be my hubby filling my tanks every night, unless I managed to get a precision fill tip for every flavor I had in a carto/tank. And I don't want to be dependent on him for that, I need to be able to do my own stuff - which is why I'm not going the RBA/RBD route. But anyway, about dripping, can anyone give me any info?

Oh, and I THINK, when I think I MIGHT have a chance of tasting chocolate vape, I might break out the iClear to test that....I dunno.

I direct dripped with those carto shaped type. No stuffing in them just a stainless steel mesh piece down at the bottom to wick the drops. I found it messy cause I would put too many drops in and it would leak but was nice for sampling new juice as one doesn't use up a lot of juice to prime a cart or contaminate a tank.

I'm shopping for a quality RDA!! Can't wait cause I really like the RBA I'm using!!

I direct dripped with those carto shaped type. No stuffing in them just a stainless steel mesh piece down at the bottom to wick the drops. I found it messy cause I would put too many drops in and it would leak but was nice for sampling new juice as one doesn't use up a lot of juice to prime a cart or contaminate a tank.

I'm shopping for a quality RDA!! Can't wait cause I really like the RBA I'm using!!

So what about dripping where you use a dripping atty for it to be effective, do you need to clean between flavors, does it have to be an RDA? I know I can't do the rebuilding, and I don't want to depend on hubby for it. Specifically Tam, and I think it's Proteus that does alot of DD, or maybe Medic?

I never did clean the couple I bought. The flavors would just fade to the next. Wasn't so much that it bothered me. Also mine were the cheap attys not those high end models.

I'm far from experienced in the dripping world. Didn't mean to claim I was lol.

Right now dripping Coffee with 12mg @ 70/30 on top of a beautiful Mocha Java Drizzle 6mg @ 50/50. Just a few drops top of the Genesis styles SS mesh straw with a fresh coil hugging it wif wuv wuv wuv.....sooooo good!! Mmm :)

So what about dripping where you use a dripping atty for it to be effective, do you need to clean between flavors, does it have to be an RDA? I know I can't do the rebuilding, and I don't want to depend on hubby for it. Specifically Tam, and I think it's Proteus that does alot of DD, or maybe Medic?

Me, Tam, Bebop, Proetus, Rixter, iHeartVape, we all direct drip the majority of the time. Well im almost exclusively a direct dripper, but there are SS atty's out there that you just screw in to your 510 connection and put a drip shield and a tip on and drip away. an RDA is just the rebuildable version of it. Tam and Rixter and AquaTroy love their HH .357 customs and i plan on trying one here in a few weeks after i buy my AIOS dripper. but those are basically just drip and go.

A nice beginning dripping atty is the IGO simple 2 poles, can build a dual coiling you like. Next step up would be similar to the nimbus with dual air holes and 3 posts. Gotta be careful going above single to as it effectively cuts your ohms by a touch more then a 1/3. Multimeter or mod that reads ohms is needed IMO if you are rebuilding coils.

A nice beginning dripping atty is the IGO simple 2 poles, can build a dual coiling you like. Next step up would be similar to the nimbus with dual air holes and 3 posts. Gotta be careful going above single to as it effectively cuts your ohms by a touch more then a 1/3. Multimeter or mod that reads ohms is needed IMO if you are rebuilding coils.

I'm not quite ready to start so that yet. I definitely will but right now I'm just trying to find some direct drip cartomizers for testing flavors. I want to get comfortable using my kick with my clearomizers first. I'm just trying to figure out if I can use the Boge 510 LR off Bucky's right out of the box for testing flavors (with a drip tip) or if I need to purchase coils for it.

Also, how exactly do the boge atomizers work? Like, what's in then to catch the juice?

http://vapelite.info/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=22_47&products_id=62

That's a 510 atomizer that I started dripping with. It has a bridge in it that goes over the heating coil. The bridge is made of a small piece of metal with mesh around it that goes over the coil underneath. These days I prefer bridgeless (one without the bridge) as I see the bridge as unnecessary.

A dripping atomizer is a cylinder that has a heating coil at the bottom near the battery connection. You drip juice directly onto the heating coil. Because you only use a couple of drops at a time you don't need anything to "catch the juice" other than the cylinder that surrounds the coil. You don't fill these up like you would a tank otherwise you'll flood the thing and it won't produce any vapor. Worst case scenario if you do this is that the atomizer will leak the juice all over your fingers, battery, everything, and you'll get a mouthful of juice when you try to take a draw.

I'm not quite ready to start so that yet. I definitely will but right now I'm just trying to find some direct drip cartomizers for testing flavors. I want to get comfortable using my kick with my clearomizers first. I'm just trying to figure out if I can use the Boge 510 LR off Bucky's right out of the box for testing flavors (with a drip tip) or if I need to purchase coils for it.

Cartomizers and (direct drip) atomizers are two similar yet different things. A cartomizer is basically an atomizer (heating coil at the bottom), but it has some synthetic cotton-like filler material in it. You have to saturate this filler with juice and vape. Many people like it for its convenience over direct dripping while just as many don't like it because they say you can taste the filler. I have never been able to like cartomizers as the juice doesn't wick fast enough down to the coil and I get lots of dry hits.

An atomizer doesn't have the filler material and is just the metal cylinder with the heating coil at the bottom. Some have bridges and some don't. Personally I prefer the ones that don't have bridges these days. You can also take the bridge out of an atomizer to make it into a bridgeless version.

The coils are all built into an atomizer so you don't have to buy anything other than a drip tip/mouth piece for it if it doesn't come with one pre-attached like those in the first link I gave you.

The building of coils comes in the form of RDA (Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer). Those are different things altogether.

Clear as mud? :)

You don't need to clean between flavors with direct dripping, HOWEVER, you do want to keep like flavors together -- just my opinion. I'll use one atomizer for all of my fruit flavors, one for stronger flavors that linger like coffee, one for bakery flavors, etc. The reason is, when you switch from one flavor to another, the first flavor will linger for several draws before the new flavor will come through. If you don't mind the mix, then you can use one atomizer for all your juices.

No, it doesn't have to be an RDA. Those are for more advanced users who want to build their own coils. The regular bridged version of an atomizer comes completely ready to use. Some come with a mouth piece while others don't so you'll need to supply your own drip tip for it.

There are many types of atomizers. Those with a bridge, those without, the 510, 901, 306... I'm sure I'm leaving a few out. The 510 and 306 have a 510 connection so no adapter is necessary to go on your eGo-type battery or something similar with the same connector. The 901 requires an adapter to fit a 510 connection.

ETA: If you do a search on direct dripping threads you'll find lots of useful information, especially in the comments. :)

Edited by Tameiki