Direct Dripping

ATM I use the old school 401s for my flavor testing and have 1 atty for each flavor. Now that I'm running low on them and find the flavor is definitely sub par to the RBA SS mesh tank, I'm looking for a good RDA. I'm looking for a RDA that i can use with a mesh wick.

Looking at:

Smokteck 510 RDA

IGO-L 510 RDA

Phoenix V2 510 RDA

The IGO-L is what I'm leanig toward but, I'm just not knowlagable enough in RDAs to make up my mind. I don't want a cartomizer as I'm moving away from any thing I can't grab some wire, wick and rebiuld it. I'm finding that the SS mesh don't hold the previous flavor of juice like silica and cotton can so mesh is a must. Any advice from you long time drippers would be a great help, Cost is not an issue for this?

Here's a link to the thread that got me started dripping. Hopefully, the information in the comments can answer some of your questions like they did for me. :)

Thanks! I'll look at it in a bit. I was just trying to figure out if those would work since I'm about to place an order with them.

Did a search on Bucky's site and couldn't find any 510 atomizers on there. :(

http://vaportalk.com/marketplace/510-atomizers/

http://www.discountvapers.com/atomizers/

You'll probably want to go with a 510 atomizer to start. My personal favorite these days is the custom HH.357 Cisco Spec Hybrid, but that's the Lamborghini of atomizers and not something a beginner would probably want to try at first, especially due to the cost and there is a learning curve associated with it over and above the regular learning curve of direct dripping.

For someone new to dripping I'd suggest getting a bridgeless 510 atomizer in a 1.5, 1.8, 2.0, 2.2, or 2.5 ohm. The lower the resistance (number), the hotter the coil gets. My preference is a 2.0 ohm at around 4.0 volts for these types of atomizers. On my HH.357 I use a 2.0 ohm at 4.3 volts as recommended for this brand.

I'm going to muddy the water a bit more.....(if you haven't ordered yet anyway)

Personally I prefer 306 atomizers for dripping. I have been dripping for about 4 years. the advantage to the 306 (for me anyway)...extremely easy to remove the bridge (if you want)...exceptionally easy to clean between flavors. I do a lot of DIY and the 306 has become my only atomizer for testing flavors. When the drip tip is removed, the coil/bridge is exposed for easy cleaning.

http://www.theveteranvaper.com/joye-306-atomizer/ not the cheapest, but worth it.

http://www.theveteranvaper.com/306-extended-delrin-drip-tip/ I use the XL drip tip.

Okay, so frim what I'm reading, you put the drp tip on the top, and then drop the drips THROUGH the tip? I'm still not clear on the purpose of bridged or bridgeless, but I can ask my local shop about that. And you drip directly from the juice bottle? What about messes, like spillage on the couch or wherever.

*sigh* I have the desire to treat vaping as a hobby, and keep accumulating stuff and progressing, but can't really, on SSDI, plus a supplement for my son until he graduates high school. And if the expenses keep mounting up higher than smoking, hubby, who I put in charge of the money because I'm not to be trusted with it,, says he'll pull the plug on us vaping, but I think he was just taking in consideration how much the juice I ordered that day cost, not how long it will last me for those flavors.

What about that custm atty you get, Tam? I know you send it off to be cleaned and stuff, but does it have to rebuilt? But I'm thinking of swithing to dripping at home since I tend to have taste issues.

And you guys use them for sammpling flavors in B&M stores, too?

Okay, so frim what I'm reading, you put the drp tip on the top, and then drop the drips THROUGH the tip? I'm still not clear on the purpose of bridged or bridgeless, but I can ask my local shop about that. And you drip directly from the juice bottle? What about messes, like spillage on the couch or wherever.

What about that custm atty you get, Tam? I know you send it off to be cleaned and stuff, but does it have to rebuilt? But I'm thinking of swithing to dripping at home since I tend to have taste issues.

And you guys use them for sammpling flavors in B&M stores, too?

You can drip the juice into the drip tips but I prefer not to and just take the drip tips off to drip directly into the atomizer. It's less messy that way. The drip tips tend to have fairly small openings and the juice sometimes doesn't slide down and I get a mouthful of juice, which is less than desirable. I prefer the long drip tips as it's easier to grab onto to pull it off to drip.

http://www.empiremods.com/product_p/driptaxxxl.htm

http://www.empiremods.com/product_p/driptxxxl.htm

You shouldn't get juice spillage on the couch or wherever unless you're waving the juice bottle all over the place or leaving it uncapped and it spills on its own.

I highly recommend using a drip shield over the atomizer as the atomizer will ooze out juice as you drip. Without the drip shield it will get all over your hands, battery, the couch... or you could constantly be wiping at the excess. The drip shields keeps the juice contained and it also makes dripping much easier for those of us (read: me) who tend to over drip.

Direct dripping with a regular atomizer has a learning curve. The custom HH.357 Cisco Spec Hybrid that I use has a whole new learning curve on top of the original learning curve. I'd suggest using a regular atomizer to learn first before putting out $25.00 for one. For that price you can get three or more of the others.

I send off my HH.357 to be cleaned/rebuilt/whatever because I vape dark, sweet juices. This gunks up an atty's coil and Hanna (the guy who builds these coils), does not recommend dry burning to get it off. You can dry burn the less expensive coils to get gunk off without worrying so much about burning it out and fusing the wires together. That could happen but it's less expensive to replace if you do.

A lot of people use direct dripping to sample different flavors. I don't do that at my local B&M because I don't like the ratios he mixes (70 VG and 30 PG). That's too much VG for me. Besides, I know what I like so I stick to that -- mostly. :)