A Poll on Savings

I am interested (finally) in DIY e-liquid, and I am wondering what members have found in terms of savings doing DIY versus purchasing pre-mixed e-liquid.

Totally Wicked is now offering a sale on DIY items (this week only), so I'm also curious about anyone's experience with their products.

I know, LOL! Was it something I said? Don't know.......did ya fart?

Must be a secret. Just dong some basic math, the savings should be quite significant. Plus the control I'd have with flavors. And, the convenience of not having to buzz around looking for the "right" flavor guy. On the other hand......I'd have noone to blame but myself ......... I can live with that.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just getting started in diy, in theory, you should save alot. I figured buying juice cost me anywhere between 40 cents and a dollar per ml depending on the vendor, I think I figured less than 10 cents to diy per ml. The start up cost of it is more if your buying equipment and stuff for the mixing like I had to.

Edited by wizard46304

I just noticed this poll LOL sorry...

Best answer: Over Time Yes

5ml cost around $0.10-$1.50 Depending on how much flavoring gets used

10ml cost around $0.20-$2.50 Depending on how much flavoring gets used

30ml cost around $2.00-$4.00 Depending on how much flavoring gets used

50ml cost around $5.00-$8.00 Depending on how much flavoring gets used

Flavoring and Nic are the biggest expense in DIY

Wizard Labs has the best price on NIC and 8ml bottles of flavoring

Good Plastic mixing bottles run about $0.79 50ml, $0.99 150ml, $1.29, 250ml (Hobbie Lobby)

Plastic Drip Bottles range from $0.30-$0.50 (Bulk is less) (I use Glass mostly)

Savings will very if you get stuff on sale when you can.

Suggested Start-up items:

Glass Beakers

Volumetric Flasks

Droppers

Pipettes

Syringes

Rubber/Latex gloves

I have saved in making my own juice.... But I still buy other vendors liquids to try and see what else is out there. I know I won't ever be able to replicate some of my favorite juices so those I still buy (vanda, pluid, m4, bobas) but any savings I have really gleaned from DIY has gone back into mods. So that's probably my lack of discipline lol.

I have saved in making my own juice.... But I still buy other vendors liquids to try and see what else is out there. I know I won't ever be able to replicate some of my favorite juices so those I still buy (vanda, pluid, m4, bobas) but any savings I have really gleaned from DIY has gone back into mods. So that's probably my lack of discipline lol.

I hear yeah, I would rather spend money on a new toy over fluid. :)

• 3 weeks later...