Micro Coil, Cotton Wick KPT2 Build

3Rutez

Oh yeah, defiinitely drill out the air hole. I drilled mine out to 1/8". The stock air hole felt like I was trying to suck a golf ball through a coffee straw.

Yes. A lot of people use 3/32 instead. I find the bigger diameter allows for better wicking is all. With the nano coils, which are usually wrapped with 20g syringe or safety pin/paper clip, you won't get proper wicking with a top coil setup. It will burn the juice faster than it can reach the coil.

Yup. If you have problems with flooding, try and mess around with the flavor wick (the piece you place on top of coil). Some have found that without a flavor wick, you get more flooding.

Yup. If you have problems with flooding, try and mess around with the flavor wick (the piece you place on top of coil). Some have found that without a flavor wick, you get more flooding.

I'm getting a weird taste with the cotton I soaked the flavor wick with my juice but in still getting the taste.

You need to burn out that initial taste. After a few vapes, it goes away. Cotton tastes like a wet rag before it is primed, and then the flavor is awesome.

You need to burn out that initial taste. After a few vapes, it goes away. Cotton tastes like a wet rag before it is primed, and then the flavor is awesome.

I did that for about 10 mins I guess a little longer? I was using pluid I'll give it another try lol

Be sure to only do small batches at a time. Makes it easier to dry, so you don't invite molds/mildew. A screen or wire strainer works well to allow airflow around the cotton for quicker and thorough drying.

Hello all, I have some questions about this build...Ive made around 4-5 now and I can't seem to find my "sweet spot" My cotton is either to thick and doesnt allow air flow, or not enough and causes flavor to pop into my mouth. I am doing EXACTLY like you say in this tut. I am using a Protank 2 with a eGo V v2. And also sometimes when I go to screw the tank back onto my battery the light for the burner won't even come on. I am new to the whole vaping world and any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks so much :)