Micro Coil, Cotton Wick KPT2 Build

3Rutez

While that would be a cool concept, it would only produce vapor from either end of the tube. With micro coils, you get more vapor due to the small gaps between the wire.

I highly recommend rebuilding your KPT coils and wicks. With the stock setup, I was getting dry/burnt hits all the time, but with the micro coil and cotton wick, I haven't had one yet in a whole week of vaping. :thumbup:

I am going to attempt my first micro coil in the morning i think. I have 32g kanthal. I am shooting for right around 2ohm. I think 8-9 wraps should do it. The way I have been measuring my coils with a multi meter with one probe in the bottom hole and touching the other to the threads. Soon I will be able to use my e-vic to test cause I just ordered it tonight. Hope the variable voltage is better than the 650 ego batteries I have been using all this time.

Awesome man. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on how it vapes for you. I like the VV because you can dial it in to your preference. I have yet to try a mech mod though, so my opinion really doesn't count much. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Micro coils are where it's at for the rebuilds. Congrats on your first micro build loneranger. You should try out the tin man coil. It produces great flavor.

My next venture will be a 'twisted' micro coil, and then a braided micro once I get the hang of it. That is, once I order some more Kanthal.

Counting down the days till I get paid, lol. I need some new toys and material to scratch my vaping and building itch. :D

Just built a twisted micro coil and it is working ok. Got it down to 2ohm with 7/6 wrap I think. It seems to take a lot more power to get it going. I started at 3.5v and went up from there. I did find out the deck on my rba is getting hot. Not sure why. I keep following and watching videos that rip tripper is doing to get an idea on what to play around with. I am just not getting the vapor production that he gets. I might just order me some silica 3mm wick to put in it because the stainless does not seem to wick right for me.

Have you tried using cotton with it? RiP is the man. You should check out his group Juice Junkies on FB. Great bunch of vapers. I will be ordering some of his juices at some point as well. Have heard great things. www.vapetrik.com

Nice going. I need some more Kanthal so I can rebuild the rest of my KPT heads. I think the twisted coils work better on mechanical mods. They fire right up with no delays.

Now that I have my K100, I can fully utilize the IGO-W. I built my first dual coil setup. Micro coils, 8 wraps, 28g Kanthal, 0.7ohm, cotton wicks sitting on cotton clouds. Vapor production and taste is astounding.

Dual07Micro_zps073e22b7.jpg

Twisted Micro Coil, 28g, 9 wraps, .8ohm

I used a paper clip inserted into a drill to give it a fine twist and held the end with pliers, keeping tension on the wires.

Twisting_zps2080156c.jpg

Twisted 28g

Twisted28g_zps351d18ee.jpg

Wrapped around a 5/64 drill bit 9 times

9WrapsT_zps02739758.jpg

Gave it a good torching for 20 seconds while pinched with tweezers, and put it in the IGO-W to test it out.

TwistedCoil_zps735e214a.jpg

HOLY ****! That is all I have to say. This coil vapes like a beast.

Twisted Micro Coil, 28g, 9 wraps, .8ohm

I used a paper clip inserted into a drill to give it a fine twist and held the end with pliers, keeping tension on the wires.

Posted Image

Twisted 28g

Posted Image

Wrapped around a 5/64 drill bit 9 times

Posted Image

Gave it a good torching for 20 seconds while pinched with tweezers, and put it in the IGO-W to test it out.

Posted Image

HOLY ****! That is all I have to say. This coil vapes like a beast.

That's awesome 3rutez can you do these for the mini davide? I'm going to give it a go once I get me a mini torch a lighter Dosent work to well lol

Im sure you could, but I haven't tried. I've seen some crazy builds, from dual to quad nano coils, "trident" coils (3 coils with one wire), built into KPT2 heads. I would't risk that sort of crazy thing in one myself. lol. I prefer to keep my experiments for only the RDA, RBA, and RTAs.

I actually just used the stove to heat the coil. I still haven't picked up another torch. :D

Lol your crazy. But on another side note when I bought my itaste MVP 2 it came with the I clear 30 has anyone built a micro coil with cotton or any build?

I've heard you can, but never tried. I just ended up trading my iClear30's for juice. Not a fan of the top wick systems, unless it's an RBA genny set up for auto-drip.