Wattage vs Voltage

Never know till you try! Some juices can take it and some can't. For me BB changes flavor drastically between 5-11watts.

I've tried it. I don't enjoy choking on a vape just so I can say I did it. I don't drive my car @ 120mph just because I can either.

Okay, while we are on the subject of voltage and wattage and stuffs, I have another question to ask. So, hubby is running his 618 at around 5 - 6 watts. Seemed a little cool, but I set mine, and the tastes seemed to match....but then sometimes at 6 watts, not all the time, it will taste like it's burning the liquid, so I back it down to 5.5 watts. Now, this is in my Davide. In my KPT2, for some reason, I have to be at 5.5 watts (on the 618).

Now, like my Honey Wood, it seems to do okay at around 3.8 - 4 volts, depending on the resistance it's on. I thought I had my milk chocolate dialed in at 4 volts, but I guess changing tanks from the evod to the KPT2 (I thought I had switched the coils over, too), it tasted LAST NIGHT like it was burning at that level. But my mouth was all messed up yesterday, couldn't get anything to taste right (could seriously switching from diet pepsi to regular pepsi for a few days screw my mouth and taste up this much?). I mean, even though the No Bake Cake which was great the night before, wasn't tasting the same yesterday.

On my French Vanilla - the one I noticed (still in an Evod) that had a 1.6 resistance on the coil - once I changed the coil, I started at 3.1 and would increase or decrease voltage as I though was necessary. Truthfully, I can't remember what number I ended up on, because I switched flavors, and thus voltages, before I went to bed. It must have been close to 3.9, because that's what it's set on now from my Honey Wood (with 2.3 resistance) and it seems okay - a little hot, but not burning.

Then again, I may have a big of vaper's tongue going as well, unless that's the result of the pepsi change (can't wait to finish this 12 pack so I can go back to diet). Actually, there's only about 3 or 4 of the pepsi's left in this 12 pack, I'll put the diet in to cool, and only drink the pepsi's until the diet pepsi is cold enough. ha ha ha ha ha.

Anyway, any help you can give me (like I said, right now, except for the 618, I'm adjusting voltage since you can adjust it in smaller amounts - once I find a good sweet spot, I'll probably go by wattage, unless it's some screwed up number I can't dial in).

Spyder.... Stop switching between volts and watts!!!! Stick with on or the other! You are confusing the f'ing hell out of me and I know plenty about it!!!!!!!!

Now you really need to just sit down and play with it. I get its frustrating but just because a chart says this is recommended doesn't make it a be all end all chart. I don't even bother listening to those charts because they are "safe" but the worst that will happen on a regulated device is you fry a coil. So what?! If you want it warmer heat it up. If you want it cooler turn it back down. But please do me a favor and stick with one or the other!

Spyder.... Stop switching between volts and watts!!!! Stick with on or the other! You are confusing the f'ing hell out of me and I know plenty about it!!!!!!!!

Now you really need to just sit down and play with it. I get its frustrating but just because a chart says this is recommended doesn't make it a be all end all chart. I don't even bother listening to those charts because they are "safe" but the worst that will happen on a regulated device is you fry a coil. So what?! If you want it warmer heat it up. If you want it cooler turn it back down. But please do me a favor and stick with one or the other!

Today, I have actually quit going back and forth, and I've been pretty much ignoring that ohmschart altogether. The chart was generally going up by varying degrees of a decimal, and mine never fell ON those numbers, so it wasn't too helpful to me.

But my 618 is set, my Honey Wood is set, and my french vanilla is ~mostly set. Like I said, I'm still having some tasting issues going on sometimes.

Today, I have actually quit going back and forth, and I've been pretty much ignoring that ohmschart altogether. The chart was generally going up by varying degrees of a decimal, and mine never fell ON those numbers, so it wasn't too helpful to me.

But my 618 is set, my Honey Wood is set, and my french vanilla is ~mostly set. Like I said, I'm still having some tasting issues going on sometimes.

Spydre, you're just going through what everyone else goes through, which is vaper's tongue. When we vape one juice too long we stop tasting it. This is your signal that you need to switch flavors. This is NOT your signal to play with the wattage or voltage of your mod. Just switch to a different flavor. If you can't taste that, change to another flavor, drink lots of WATER, not Pepsi, not diet Pepsi...just water. That'll help.

Also, the Irish Cream? There may be nothing at all wrong with it, it's just your taste buds. Juice is a highly subjective thing so no one person will taste something the same as another. Irish Cream, no matter who makes it, might not ever taste like the real thing to you. Maybe it's time to try other flavors and give up on it? Just a thought.

Spydre, you're just going through what everyone else goes through, which is vaper's tongue. When we vape one juice too long we stop tasting it. This is your signal that you need to switch flavors. This is NOT your signal to play with the wattage or voltage of your mod. Just switch to a different flavor. If you can't taste that, change to another flavor, drink lots of WATER, not Pepsi, not diet Pepsi...just water. That'll help.

Also, the Irish Cream? There may be nothing at all wrong with it, it's just your taste buds. Juice is a highly subjective thing so no one person will taste something the same as another. Irish Cream, no matter who makes it, might not ever taste like the real thing to you. Maybe it's time to try other flavors and give up on it? Just a thought.

Oh, I do drink lots of water....ironically,the last few days have been the hottest of the summer - I THINK it was yesterday, could have been the day before, tied for the high temperature for the date (103). MS + heat = me drinking lots of water. The soda is, well, a break from water (BTW, caffeine free, I gave up most caffeine when I got fibromyalgia), but I could feel like sweet pockets in my mouth, and it was, argh. And it felt like a lot of what I vaped that shouldn't have had THAT kind of sweetness to it was. Today I can taste the no bake cake and the Mint Chip Ice Cream again, but after I stopped with the French Vanilla, the milk chocolate, which normally would be nasty right after french vanilla, just seemed to blend in.

Well, and after a snack of a peanut butter and honey sandwich, french vanilla didn't sit well with me, lol, but it did make me crave my honey wood - which truthfully, the 618 and the honey wood I haven't vaped much of since I got the zmax. Well, I vaped about 1/2 a tank of 618 yesterday, but yesterday was a BAD day, very bad anxiety day, couldn't settle on just about anything. (But bad anxiety makes for cuddles at night to help me go to sleep, lol).

Anxiety is better today, not gone, but better.