Vaping is for Nerds!

Bebop

yep a live nerd is better then a dead macho man any day imo lol...my ex always cared so much about what people thought...so much she would hardly stand up for herself in public...wouldnt take a wrong order back through the drive-thru, that sort of thing. Got to ask yourself, what kind of life is that to go around worrying about what others think...truth be told when were all 6 ft under it will hardly matter and as generation after generation passes we will all be forgotten unless we do something as great as Abe Lincoln or Martin Luther King Jr. lol...so nerd on with your healthy vaping, live long and prosper *does the Vulcan sign*

If he's REALLY hung up on not using a PV, wanting something that LOOKS like a cigarette, you could point him to the Blu e-cigarettes, but I've heard that you have to pull really strong to get what you want out of those, and that may just upset him, and make him go back to analogs.

I felt this way too especially being in the Army, and carrying around a dainty little ego twist. I got over it pretty fast when I could smell the stench of a smoker when they walked down the hall, and I upgraded to a bigger set up. Ended up going with the iTaste SVD and a Ardamis carto tank.

Yeah. After three days, when the house started to air out (thank goodness for nice days with open windows!), I sat down on the floor in my living room, and noticed that the blankets, and even our BRAND NEW month old couch REEKED from cigarettes.

Blankets got washed, EVERYTHING in the living room got hit with febreeze.

I felt this way too especially being in the Army, and carrying around a dainty little ego twist. I got over it pretty fast when I could smell the stench of a smoker when they walked down the hall, and I upgraded to a bigger set up. Ended up going with the iTaste SVD and a Ardamis carto tank.

This is an interesting philosophical point. One thing we vapers all have in common is a renewed sense of smell. It it's a very dramatic thing, realizing how badly we must have smelled in our analog days. It is literally shocking. Smokers know they stink. They buy gum and they use perfumes and colognes, breath mints, mouthwash etc. I knew intellectually that I didn't smell great but I didn't find out how offensive it was til I quit. I mean everything about me stunk. My clothes, my hair, my car, my fingers.... Yet, I had to quit to REALLY find that out. To me it's a really significant aspect of quitting. One that, is not easily argued with a smoker. I physically recoil now from someone that I can smell cigs on. But it's an intensely personal thing. It should be easy to tell a friend they stink. It's not .......and even if it is in their best interest, but then, maybe it's only in my best interest.....I'm the one that is offended.

I just started a new job yesterday and everyone in the training smokes. The room were in literally makes me want to vomit from the odor. They looked at me a little odd when I pulled out my pv and started asking questions about it. I explained it in short and they all fluffed it off and said it will never catch on. They were amazed when the trainer came in with one in his hand. We were both at the table vaping while the smokers were twitching watching us.

I find the comraderie really builds and builds. In my usual social group there are now more vapers than smokers. Vaping is definitely catching on, lol. And i do have compassion for smokers, I was one for too many years to adopt a "Holier than thou" attitude. I do find it more difficult to be around smokers but only because of the stench. - it's awful, aand I don't like breathing it anymore if I can avoid it, which I can. But because of the benefits of vaping I am compelled to bring it up because it's a good purpose. I'm not a militant ex-smoker but I do like to help my fellow man out if I can.

There was 3 smokers at the shop I work at, I've converted 1 so far, have another nearly ready to pop on a Ecig. The old man is going to be a tough one though.

Edited by wizard46304

I recently had a lan party rent out the hall at my fire department. I had put on the invite sheets that there is no smoking allowed in the hall due to fire dept and boro rules. 3/4 of the people there were chain vaping because they could not smoke. I felt it was great and kinda wished they would stick to that instead of analogs. I wish I would have hung a humidity sensor in the room to see if it changed from 30 or more chain vapers going at once. See what the change in atmosphere is in a large room.