Vaping is for Nerds!

Bebop

Lol, okay before you all dogpile on me here, let me explain my provocative post

I have a friend who just thinks vaping is not macho enough. Believe me he's the nicest guy you'd wanna meet, honest, but he does view vaping as kind of nerdy and I kind of get his point. He just cant seem to get past this one aspect of it. He does see that there are health benefits but he can't picture himself with all the fancy gear. He's kind of a Marlboro Man, ya know? Which is fine, but he's kinda stuck on that image thing.

I know for me I went thru a little bit of this myself but my purpose for quitting outweighed the image thing so it didnt last too long.

Have you run in to others like this? Is there any gear a little less nerdy and techy?

Ya know a skull and crossbones vaporizer kinda thing or something to get him over this?

I got over it pretty quick, but then again I have always been one that doesnt care. Of course at this point in my life I am married to a beautiful woman that loves everything about me, my friends are supportive, and really the only ribbing I get is at work when I use my lanyard lol. Other than that I have a lot of jealous smokers that watch me vape at my desk while they are huddled at the back corner of the building. I am very confident, over confident at times lol. I could care less what others think.

Not sure about manly mods, if he were my friend my advice would be "Man Up and get over it" plus there is the whole "not dying" argument. Image matters very little when you are ashes or worm food.

Edited by bcartervol98

Sounds like your friend is grasping at straws to come up with an excuse not to give up the cigarettes, and that's okay. He needs to be truly ready before he'll give it a try.

How about a black Vision Spinner 1300 with a Pro Tank 2. It's clunky enough to be "manly" and you can change the tip to a more "masculine" one. Take a look at the various drip tips you can get at Empire Mods. The snake ones or skull and cross bones should be okay. :D

http://www.empiremods.com/category_s/48.htm

Sounds like your friend is grasping at straws to come up with an excuse not to give up the cigarettes, and that's okay. He needs to be truly ready before he'll give it a try.

How about a black Vision Spinner 1300 with a Pro Tank 2. It's clunky enough to be "manly" and you can change the tip to a more "masculine" one. Take a look at the various drip tips you can get at Empire Mods. The snake ones or skull and cross bones should be okay. :D

http://www.empiremods.com/category_s/48.htm

Exactly this.

gallery_15088_188_20888.jpg

See its all subjective, because to me, this is nerdier than any of the regular stuff I have seen. I would be far more self conscious with something like this vs a standard Vision Spinner with a Davide or KPT2 on top.

I think every smoker goes through something like this when they know they should quit but is too scared of letting go of the cigarettes that have been with them for so long.

Several years ago I went through a four week smoking cessation program that shed a lot of light into our psychology of why we smoke and continue to do so even though we know it's killing us. Much of what I learned really made a lot of sense when I was ready to let go of my denial and feelings of being defensive.

Cigarettes have been there 24/7, it never makes conditions on why it's there, it just is: a constant companion to keep us company. Whether we're bored, happy, sad, whatever. It's always there like a deadly security blanket. When we're ready to try to quit we each have to go through a sort of grieving process to let it go.

The social aspect is also there. I've met some of my very best friends because we were outside smoking. We had an instant common bond in that "us against them" mentality (smokers vs. non-smokers).

Don't push him, just continue vaping. Answer questions if and when he asks them but with no pressure. When he's ready he'll try it on his own. Until then heaven and earth won't change his mind. Be a friend who's supportive because he's going to need it. :D

Yeah he's not ready yet for sure. But at least he's looking at it.

Rixter - well its a start! But maybe that's what he needs - a real showpiece. Not exactly a Harley Davidson lighter but def a showpiece

Just got back a few days ago from the annual golf outing and took some smack over the switch, just smiled as I hit my stuff in the bars, restaraunts, non smoking hotel room and watched them have to go outside to take care of business.

By the last day, quite a few questions, few asked to try and I just sat back as they took the hit and about blew a lung. Whats a matter tough guy? :laughing:

Just got back a few days ago from the annual golf outing and took some smack over the switch, just smiled as I hit my stuff in the bars, restaraunts, non smoking hotel room and watched them have to go outside to take care of business.

By the last day, quite a few questions, few asked to try and I just sat back as they took the hit and about blew a lung. Whats a matter tough guy? :laughing:

Lol! Okay, I'm sharing that story. Thanks, CJ

I think my iSeason with the Ithaka looks pretty beastly

Dude, that thing looks ready to blast off to the moon!

I clearly need to update my rig....

When I started to vape I didn't care what anybody thought. I got over that in high school

Alas.....many of us weren't born with that gene....

Alas.....many of us weren't born with that gene....

It's not that I didn't care what anyone thought of me. I'm from the country so lol I'm not trying to win anyone over. If they can't accept you for who you are then there not your friends and you don't need friends like that.

in my defense thats my aunts ipad. :)

Sure it is, Medic. We all believe you! :lol:

If Jeff is manly enough to admit to having a pink eGo battery I think you should be just as manly and own up to having a pink iPad. :hrhr:

Edited by Tameiki