Rinsing out?

One of my friends that Vapes and gets their advice from the local shop was appalled to learn I do not wash out new tanks when they come in before filling and using them. This was in reference to my new KPT2 that came in today. Do you do this? Rinse out your new arrivals before use? Other than some off brand CE4s I got when I first started vaping, I never have noticed any primer or anything that looks like it needs to be cleaned out.

Good question. I have never washed my new arrivals either but then I've never noticed a problem either. They seem to be fine in general.

That was my thought. I told him the shop where he gets his stuff (that sells cheap knockoff 900mah Twists for $69 each and $14.99 for cheapo CE4s) probably orders cheap stuff lol. He is afraid to order online lol, don't even get me started. He said all his tanks, admittedly not glass or Kanger or AnyVape, have some kind of primer in them.

Its going right in my mouth it gets washed first ;)

blech! germs , residue from the factory.Just like new dishes wash then use .

Im NOT a trusting soul lol

Edited by Christie

Its going right in my mouth it gets washed first ;)

blech! germs , residue from the factory.Just like new dishes wash then use .

I mean I bait a fishing hook with one hand while eating a sandwich with the other lol. Either way, I cannot see a simple washing being necessary with a new product. I would wash new dishes I guess, but what about paper plates? They are manufactured and we put food on them right out of the package.

I guess there are two sides to this question. To be honest, the thought never occurred to me to wash before use. I dont see myself starting now haha.

I mean I bait a fishing hook with one hand while eating a sandwich with the other lol. Either way, I cannot see a simple washing being necessary with a new product. I would wash new dishes I guess, but what about paper plates? They are manufactured and we put food on them right out of the package.

I guess there are two sides to this question. To be honest, the thought never occurred to me to wash before use. I dont see myself starting now haha.

I didnt wash my first evod because we filled it at the store - There was this taste like glue I couldnt figure out for days it was fine after I washed it . I hated that so much I think im scared lol .

Youre right about paper plates I hadnt thought of that before .

I do, especially the metal parts. There is always some residue from machining metal, and sometime metals are filmed on purpose to protect from saltwater corrosion during transit. That's why there are little bags or plastic covers on electrical plugs!

We have become a 'germaphobe' society, thus eliminating the need for our bodies to get conditioned to fight it's own battles......and when it really needs to, it won't be able to.

New 'super bugs'? Not IMO, just lazy bodies that have been over protected from germs, and over exposed to antibiotics, thus have never learned how to fight.

Your fortress can become your tomb.......same principle.

BTW, I do wash my tanks.......with my tongue. Helps keep my body in fight mode.

We have become a 'germaphobe' society, thus eliminating the need for our bodies to get conditioned to fight it's own battles......and when it really needs to, it won't be able to.

New 'super bugs'? Not IMO, just lazy bodies that have been over protected from germs, and over exposed to antibiotics, thus have never learned how to fight.

well, I do agree somewhat however , I will say I havent taken antibiotics in about 25-30 years. I personally dont believe in taking them .The last time I ever had any I was In grade school and had no options. My mother on the other hand calls her dr and he will call them into the pharmacy for her . Thats why I dont believe in them . I also NEVER get sick . the last time I was sick I had strep throat and that was when My 12 year old was in diapers . I didnt take antibiotics then either .I stuck it out .She can watch a cough syrup commercial and catch something ,WIth that being said I also dont tempt fate either . I wash new stuff ,You do not know whats on it . aint nothing wrong with being clean ! I have no time to be sick ! lol :yes

Edited by Christie

well, I do agree somewhat however , I will say I havent taken antibiotics in about 25-30 years. I personally dont believe in taking them .The last time I ever had any I was In grade school and had no options. My mother on the other hand calls her dr and he will call them into the pharmacy for her . Thats why I dont believe in them . I also NEVER get sick . the last time I was sick I had strep throat and that was when My 12 year old was in diapers . I didnt take antibiotics then either .I stuck it out .She can watch a cough syrup commercial and catch something ,WIth that being said I also dont tempt fate either . I wash new stuff ,You do not know whats on it . aint nothing wrong with being clean ! I have no time to be sick ! lol :yes

smiley-happy088.gif

True, although 'clean' is a subjective term. I once heard Howie Mandel tell of how he kept his hands 'clean', clean to the point of developing skin fungus because 'his' clean had either killed his body's ability to fight, or made it become lazy by doing it's job for it.

Edited by kerk

Same here I'm with kerk

smiley-happy088.gif

True, although 'clean' is a subjective term. I once heard Howie Mandel tell of how he kept his hands 'clean', clean to the point of developing skin fungus because 'his' clean had either killed his body's ability to fight, or made it become lazy by doing it's job for it.

lol omg ! fungus Is definitely not good! holy crap ! I am certainly not that bad lol . but I do agree , I think people over do it like my mother she has absolutely no immune system , From over prescribing antibiotics and then not taking them all. Then going back the next time shes sick and taking 5 or 6 of them from last times left overs it drives me nuts . I wont take them . And the hand sanitizer as well . the only time I ever used that was when my grandfather had MRSA and they made me in the hospital.

I was the only one who visited him and didnt get MRSA btw . everyone else in my family got it . And I was the only one who held his hand and kissed him . everyone else was petrified to touch him and wore gowns and masks .I did not .

Coincidence> maybe ? I doubt it . I think they may have sanitized away the germ on their hands that would have killed the MRSA

I just -wash them out(tanks ) because you dont know whats in them . Im more worried about oil and yucky tasting stuff than I am the "germs" per se' although if there on there too it cant hurt to get em off lol . ;)

I was the only one who visited him and didnt get MRSA btw . everyone else in my family got it . And I was the only one who held his hand and kissed him . everyone else was petrified to touch him and wore gowns and masks .I did not .

Another smiley-happy088.gif

smiley-happy088.gif

Yeah, Howie's a major germaphobe, to the point of being OCD about it. There was a reason he didn't work for a while.