Theres just something about...

Strawberry Fields. I know a lot more on here like this flavor, I love it, and wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem. No matter the tank I have used, CE4, Vivi Nova, T2, T3S, doesn't matter, for some reason the coils start tasting burned wayyy faster than with other liquids. Sometimes it is in the first tank after a coil change, sometimes the second, but I have yet to fill a tank a third time with it that I do not get a distinct burned taste. With Spearmint and Candy Cane I have refilled 7-8 times now on the same coils. I know I posted a similar post before and thought the switch to T3S had fixed the issue but now the same thing is happening with those as well.

I am vaping 2.2ohms at 3.5-3.7v which should be more than conservative enough with voltage to resistance. Anyone else noticing this?

I am just so pissed that I cannot seem to get anything that will hold this awesome flavor for any amount of time. I guess its just something in the flavoring that gums up coils super fast for some reason.

Maybe try dry cleaning out your tank and dry burning it after the second refill? Idk if you can do that with all tanks, but I did it with my vivi nova and I'm using the same coil that I thought was done a few days ago :D.

I think its more than that. Many times a new coil does it after 3-4 draws, but only with this particular liquid. It has to be the flavorings, and I guess something I am going to have to decide if I can live with or not lol. Its better in the T3S than any top wicking clearo but still very apparent. Since I started using T3S I have gone through more coils with this flavor than all my others combined ha.

I'm on my 5th refill and no problem with the Strawberry Fields, 50/50, 18 mg in a Vision Victory (VT) with a 2.2 ohm coil at 3.6 volts on my 900 mAh and 1300 mAh Vision Spinner. Still going strong with no burning taste at all so far! :D

I thought it could be the ratio too but the Spearmint and Candy Cane both do well in the exact same configuration. It has to be the flavoring I guess. I like it too much to not vape it, and at least coils for the T3S are only a buck lol

I tried a 50-50 in it before but there is something about the taste of VG I am not find of. I would think too the more VG the shorter the life of the coil would be. Am I thinking wrong about this?

I have also thought about jumping to 2.5ohm coils to see if that helps.

I thought it could be the ratio too but the Spearmint and Candy Cane both do well in the exact same configuration. It has to be the flavoring I guess. I like it too much to not vape it, and at least coils for the T3S are only a buck lol

Not necessarily, B. The Spearmint and Candy Cane could be a little thicker as I would assume there's more sugar content there. The Strawberry Fields wouldn't be as sweet so your ratio could be a little thinner. Just a thought. :)

I think that it's just because Tam is a goddess of love with an IQ of 170. Juices just seem to love her.

Who could blame them? :)

That's sweet, Sheepdog, but there are plenty of juices that don't do it for me. I'm finding that if I discover a new vendor whose juices taste good to me, then most of their other flavors do as well. So far I'm having the best luck with EC Blends and Vapor Dudes. Mt. Baker Vaper's juices just don't do for me other than 2 flavors out of nearly twenty I've tried from them so far. BMorevapes' flavors are a 50/50 hit and miss so far. :(

I tried a 50-50 in it before but there is something about the taste of VG I am not find of. I would think too the more VG the shorter the life of the coil would be. Am I thinking wrong about this?

Most of my juices run 50/50, a rare few are 60 PG/40 VG or even rarer is the 70 PG/30 VG. Of the 50/50 variety, I get two to three weeks of near chain vaping on my 2.0 ohm atomizers. Haven't really been using any clearomizers and/or tanks enough to be able to tell you how long they last but the T2s I used to use usually lasted well over a month or more on a single coil at 50/50 ratio.

i have a juice thats 95%vg and im using the same coil from 3 weeks ago, probably filled my protank 4 times with this juice, 2 times with a juice my wife has thats 95% and numerous other juices at 50/50. 2.5ohm coil around 3.8-4.2v. have had no problems with the thicker juice, actually prefer it over more pg juices because of the smoother throat hit.

I'm on my 5th refill and no problem with the Strawberry Fields, 50/50, 18 mg in a Vision Victory (VT) with a 2.2 ohm coil at 3.6 volts on my 900 mAh and 1300 mAh Vision Spinner. Still going strong with no burning taste at all so far! :D

Off topic, but you do realize, if a newbie reads that post, their head may explode?

smiley-think001.gif

Off topic, but you do realize, if a newbie reads that post, their head may explode?

smiley-think001.gif

You know, when I wrote it I was at work and just jumped on for a brief second during a break. Lol! Now that I reread what I posted...yeah, you're right. *falls off chair laughing* :lol:

Gonna try a couple of those Anyvape Davide Glassomizers and check out how those take it. Hope I like them better than the KPT once I can ditch the metal tip and use any 510 drip tip.

The VTs tasted great to me at first but were too tight. My wife liked them until after they had layed in her case a few days she popped one on and got a mouthful of spearmint. Upon inspection both had flooded really bad.

I have noticed with brand new coil even that the flow is so good on the VT that if you arent vaping the juice continues to wick and will leak.

I didd an experiment where i set a VT upright on a piece of paper after i had vaped it and it was vaping fine with no flooding. I left it undisturbed and it wicked right up and out the center!

That's performance! The reason i did that was I couldnt figure out why my case smelled like "juice" when I opened it and i havent had any probs with leaking clearos.

It's a problem but the upside is the VT is a fog machine

Edit: for whatever reason i don't have the "tight" draw on mine.

Edited by Bebop12

That's strange. So far I've only had one leak on me but that was when I needed to replace the coil. I always keep them upright and never set them sideways. Keeping my fingers crossed that the leaking thing doesn't happen often. So far so good... :)