Food colors safe to vape?

I'm curious...

Is food coloring safe to vape?

The reason I ask is because it would be nice to be able to distinguish (by color) what I'm vaping. I have tanks and clearomizers in abundance and can usually never tell what flavor I'm vaping until I vape it. With food colors, I'd be able to tell which are which.

I am not referring to artificial food colors. I'm not sure I would vape those even if I were told they are safe. I'm talking about natural (vegetable-based) food colors. Something like India Tree makes....

http://m.surlatable.com/product/PRO-136267/India-Tree-Natural-Decorating-Colors

I know that not everything food safe is going to be vape safe, so I thought I would ask. I really don't want to buy colored tanks and clearos to replace all my clear style pieces (I have 12 tanks and 31 clearomizers that are all clear).

Any help?

A lot of juice makers use flavorings that contain food coloring.

I tend to stay away from juices that are colored but thats just me. I just dont like the idea of adding uneccessary stuff to my vape.

Plus, you may find the juice not staying that color.

My wife uses little stickies and abbreviates the names on her clearos. That works well.

I just grab and go, lol. And most of my juices are clear to amber. It is a little bother but not worth adding stuff to my vape

I'm more interested in *IF* these natural type food colors are safe to vape or are they going to cause more damage than their worth.

I suppose I could always just use a little enamel paint to mark colors on the outside of the tanks... but then those would flake off over time I'm sure.

Looks like I should have invested in colored devices rather than all clear ones.

I would bet your body would absorb the coloring ok. You might have "purple lung" for a while. Remember eating those blue popsicles and how your tongue would be blue for a while? I wouldn't get a chest x-ray after vaping grape. Might freak the doctor out

I don't know that there is any data to support or deny safety of any food coloring. Then again, the flavorings are not intended for vaping either.

Personally I would use another type of identifier. pin striping for model cars/planes? I use the small fingernail stickers...stick well and easy to replace if they come off.

I vape such a variety of flavors, even non-flavored throughout the day, week, that I don't really worry myself over it. I've got one flavor that is colored up a real pretty green, which I vape for about an hour a day, to change my palette up. (it's a really strong flavor!).

I try to stay away from oil/butter flavors, even though those can taste the best ever. But, it's been recommended to vape only Water Base Food Flavorings, to avoid the microwaved buttered popcorn syndrome. (I forget what it's called).

The flavoring keeps me vaping instead of smoking, and if it replaces 4 million problems with one new one, so be it. I'm a grown up, & if I can't handle a problem by now, I never will.

Thats what people say about my PV :lol:

I got that some at first, but in my city this vaping movement has either exploded or I am just noticing it now. I never noticed Blue Trucks either till I bought a new Blue GMC Sierra in December and now every damn truck I see is blue lol. Same with PVs , they are everywhere it seems. We were tied up last weekend with 8 boats and on 5 of the boats people had PVs.

Im suprised you see GMC's driving around. Usually they are broke down on the side of the road. :lol:

<--------- Ford guy :)

I knew there was something about you.......

I have been GM of a Buick GMC dealership for the last 9 years, and was GM of another one the 8 years prior to moving here. I am a HUGE GMC guy. I drive a 2013 GMC Sierra Z-71 and my wife drives a 2012 GMC Yukon Denali lol. I could convert you I think. There is always time to improve ones vehicular decision making haha.

I did hear the 2015 Fords are coming standard with a heated rear bumper so your hands don't freeze when pushing them lol.

Edited by bcartervol98

I got that some at first, but in my city this vaping movement has either exploded or I am just noticing it now. I never noticed Blue Trucks either till I bought a new Blue GMC Sierra in December and now every damn truck I see is blue lol. Same with PVs , they are everywhere it seems. We were tied up last weekend with 8 boats and on 5 of the boats people had PVs.

Living in the State of Colorado, everyone thinks I'm vaping something else, and that's not legal here, only in your home. Just waiting for the man to pull me over.....

GMC = Garbage Minus Class....