Another fledgling in the vaping world.

Nlalston

Hi.

My name is Nathan, and I am new here. I am also new to vaping - having bought my first vaping kit just yesterday. I purchased the two-unit, EGO Twist kit, and really looking forward to it helping me emerge victorious over those nasty cigarettes. I started smoking when I was just twelve years old, and am now 64. I average about 1-1/2 packs of cigs per day, and had been wanting - for some time, now - to quit. Out of a pack of cigarettes, I only really enjoyed 4-5 of them (after a meal, cup of coffee, or alcohol). The other 15-16? Just out of habit. There were many, many times that I'd just sit around with a lit cigarette between my fingers and (between drags) disgustingly watch the line of smoke trial up from the tip of the cig. I wanted to quit, and tried a number if things. I tried acupuncture, the patch (in conjunction with Welbutrin), as well as the Smoke51 Ecig. The patch/Welbutrin pairing proved better than the other methods tried, and it lasted for six weeks. But I messed up by journeying to that wrong side of the fence again, due to a very pressing matter, and haven't been able to find that GOOD START again. Hopefully, I am now on to something that WILL allow me to put on much larger gloves against this addiction.

Last year, a friend of mine introduced his vaping unit to me. He allowed me to try it, and it seemed like it was pretty neat. I could get the flavor, but not the hit that I was used to with analog cigs. I kinda put it out of my mind, because of that. Yesterday, though, I went out to the reservation and grabbed a look at their such units. They had the EGO Twist kit, with variable intensity adjustment, and a tester to let me try it out. On this unit I WAS able to adjust for the amount of 'hit' that was desired. So, I bought one of the kits. I have not used it yet, as I was finishing up my last analogs, first. I only have two cigarettes left, and I have vowed not to buy another pack again. I REALLY DO want to put cigarettes forever behind me, and I applaud each and every member, here, for embarking on that same endeavor.

Welcome! And congrats! You have already made the hardest decision.... Actually having the drive to quit. There are TONS of nice people here willing and ready to help however we can! :) also if you have questions need advice etc. ask away! Hopefully this will be the last time you drag an analog and stick with vaping. :)

I'm new here as well I have been vaping 4 months and I'm getting into modding and rebuilding. I never would have imagined that this would become such a fun hobby. Right now I have a k100 with a braided dual coil Igo l and a sentinal with a 2.4 ohm RDA. I really excited to be a part of this forum and the vape community.

Congrats on your first purchase! The eGo Twist kits really are great! What flavors of liquid did you get?

Hi, Synther.

My double-unit kit came with a sample pack of favors. There are eight, 3.7ml bottles, and the favors are as follows: Cool Mint, Tropical Breeze, Coffee & Cream, Mandarin Mango, Cherry Slush, Berry Pomegrante, Vanilla Cupcake and USA Tobacco.

I smoked my last cigarette, a little earlier in the day, and then went about filling my eGo Twist. I powered it on, gave it one pull, and powered it back down. I just wanted to see that it WAS a functioning unit. I have to say that I was quite impressed. The flavor was a bit different from what I have been used to, from analogs, but that was to be expected. I got a good hit, but there was an aftertaste left in my mouth, which wasn't too bad, but something else that I will have to get used to. The flavor that I tried was the USA Tobacco one, due to thinking that it would be the closest to what I had already been inhaling. I had also bought a larger bottle of the USA Tobacco flavor, but will eventually get around to trying all of the flavors out. However, no complaints. I know that change requires transitioning, and that is a passage which can (in THIS situation) more easily be traveled when focus is kept on the extreme benefits to be realized.

The unit you bought is a great place to start as everyone has said. To me the hardest part was finding the juice to go with it. Remember that the juice you find will never taste like burning leaf and paper but depending on the nic level you will find that satisfaction :cheers:

Edited by Viper Ron

By the way, I just happened across a Quit Smoking Banner that I thought was really nice to have. Found it on this very site, and couldn't wait to get it attached to my signature. I have my actual quit date set for tomorrow, because of the fact that I finished off my last two analogs earlier today. Tomorrow, I will start a new day in a new way.

The unit you bought is a great place to start as everyone has said. To me the hardest part was finding the juice to go with it. Remember that the juice you find will never taste like burning leaf and paper but depending on the nic level you will find that satisfaction :cheers:

Yes, you are right about the taste difference.

I started my vaping, today, with one of the sample bottles. That USA Tobacco sample bottle was 18mg nicotine. The larger bottle, of the same flavor (purchased separately from the kit), contained 24mg of nic. I had, initially, assumed that they were both the strength. After this first filling is through, I will start on the larger bottle. Starting at the strongest, and working myself down, is (I feel) the way to go to wean myself off of nicotine completely.

Yes, you are right about the taste difference.

I started my vaping, today, with one of the sample bottles. That USA Tobacco sample bottle was 18mg nicotine. The larger bottle, of the same flavor (purchased separately from the kit), contained 24mg of nic. I had, initially, assumed that they were both the strength. After this first filling is through, I will start on the larger bottle. Starting at the strongest, and working myself down, is (I feel) the way to go to wean myself off of nicotine completely.

That is definitely the way to go! The after taste could just be from whatever particular brand of liquid you are using. I generally use AquaVaporcig.com Premium or AquaVMax liquids (Cocoa Mint is awesome!), NW Vapors liquids (the Gummy Peach is absolutely to die for and their True Tobacco is really good too), NicStation (their Coffee and Whiskey flavors are great!), or VapeDudes (Banana Tobacco and Apple are great!) liquids as my normal brands. I tried BOLD eLiquid in a menthol, since I was a menthol smoker and still like the minty tobacco hit, but noted that it had a pepper-like hit on the exhale. As if you had literally inhaled black pepper into your lungs. Definitely not something I liked. Similarly, I tried a Strawberry Cheescake from High Calibre and it left a burnt graham cracker after taste in the mouth. So, that aftertaste could just be the eJuice brand.

The liquid makes all the difference in the world. When it comes to liquid I have found you get what you pay for. I have ordered from over a dozen suppliers and the common theme for be at least is anything that is under 40-50cents per ml is not good and has a chemical taste. Sure there may be value places out there that this is not the case, but I haven't found one yet and have stopped wasting money trying. After all a 50ml bottle for $5 that tastes like *** is not a very good value if you can't use it.

That is definitely the way to go! The after taste could just be from whatever particular brand of liquid you are using. I generally use AquaVaporcig.com Premium or AquaVMax liquids (Cocoa Mint is awesome!), NW Vapors liquids (the Gummy Peach is absolutely to die for and their True Tobacco is really good too), NicStation (their Coffee and Whiskey flavors are great!), or VapeDudes (Banana Tobacco and Apple are great!) liquids as my normal brands. I tried BOLD eLiquid in a menthol, since I was a menthol smoker and still like the minty tobacco hit, but noted that it had a pepper-like hit on the exhale. As if you had literally inhaled black pepper into your lungs. Definitely not something I liked. Similarly, I tried a Strawberry Cheescake from High Calibre and it left a burnt graham cracker after taste in the mouth. So, that aftertaste could just be the eJuice brand.

Synther, I hope that what you have outlined - as a possibility for the after taste - proves to indeed BE the case. At least one of the other seven flavors just might be the cat's pajamas, for me :). Just hate that I spent over and above what the kit cost, to lay our for the larger bottle of the tobacco flavor. But that's ok.

Edited by Nlalston

The liquid makes all the difference in the world. When it comes to liquid I have found you get what you pay for. I have ordered from over a dozen suppliers and the common theme for be at least is anything that is under 40-50cents per ml is not good and has a chemical taste. Sure there may be value places out there that this is not the case, but I haven't found one yet and have stopped wasting money trying. After all a 50ml bottle for $5 that tastes like *** is not a very good value if you can't use it.

Hi there,

Excluding the larger bottle of Tobacco flavor, that I had purchased separately, I got my kit for $80. As mentioned before, it included two large batteries w/voltage regulators, two disposable Clearomizer tanks (I did buy a permanent Clearomizer tank also), one wick, USB/wall charging unit, bottle for mixing own flavors, and the eight bottles of flavors. I had thought that the $80 was netting me a nice little package, and I really don't think that I did TOO bad. But, I guess - at THAT price point - I couldn't expect to meet with quality on every element comprised within that package. I also guess that, now, it will have to be a trial & error thing - in my search of that one liquid which will meet my fancy.

This whole thing is a journey. It's not a one size fits all kind of thing and that's why it's so unique to the vaper. The only other hobby I have that is like this is guitars. They are so different and meet different qualities and ultimately you can't have a bad set up bc it's what you prefer. :) anyway I hope you can find a juice that's really an all day vape for you. I would recommend bands from Johnson's creek. It's a mellow vanilla with a slight tobacco flavor. :)

sounds like you are going into this with the right attitude. finding the right flavors is always a bit of a challenge. you will be amazed at how much your taste buds will change.

flavors you don't like now, you may like later (or not)... The tobacco flavors are among the easiest to add flavor to if you are interested in DIY down the road.

Congrats and welcome! You got started with a pretty good system. I did the same thing when I quit. I finished my pack, and moved on to vaping. I'll tell you, I was a pack a day type person, and my first two days I vaped like crazy, and you may as well. Remember its all a transistion at first. I have sinced tested myself with cigs and I couldnt stand it! Just stick with it, it will be well worth it.

BTW I feel your pain about welbutrin, the doc put me on that stuff too, and I literally felt like I was going insane while was on it and instantly angry. I quit the pills and went back to smoking.

Good luck!

Congrats and welcome! You got started with a pretty good system. I did the same thing when I quit. I finished my pack, and moved on to vaping. I'll tell you, I was a pack a day type person, and my first two days I vaped like crazy, and you may as well. Remember its all a transistion at first. I have sinced tested myself with cigs and I couldnt stand it! Just stick with it, it will be well worth it.

BTW I feel your pain about welbutrin, the doc put me on that stuff too, and I literally felt like I was going insane while was on it and instantly angry. I quit the pills and went back to smoking.

Good luck!

Thanks, VC1.

I really feel bad, due to the fact that I broke down and bought into those damned cigarettes again. The one good thing is that they taste a whole hell of a lot worse, since my vaping experience. Two days ago, I visited one of the local vapor lounges, and had one of my vaping units with me. I desired for them to check it out, and render their verdict to me. They seemed to be, pretty much, in consensus with most others - in that my system wasn't a bad one, at all, to start with. They couldn't say anything about the USB charger, owing to the fact that I didn't have it with me. The leaky tanks, however, seemed to be due to the fact that they were disposables. I explained that I also had a third one, which was a permanent one, that I hadn't yet tried. They seemed to beef the mind that the permanent one might nit exhibit the same leaky conditions. But the disposable ones did figure into the cost factor for the kit, and I wish to get my monie's worth. Right now, I am awaiting a response from Liberty (manufacturer of my kit), to work out a return/replacement manner. I can't wait to get set straight, with this concern, because of knowing how very helpful my vaping kit will be in my being able to permanently stand away from cigarettes.

Never feel about having to smoke. Once you get your kit straightened out, smoking will be in the past. Many people smoke during the transition. the less pressure you put on your self the better.

as you noticed, smoking doesn't taste the same after vaping....soon enough you won't be able to stand the taste of smoking.

You will get it all worked out.