Help with picking out my first e cig!

Grant951

I've been reading up on e cigs for about 2 hours now. I'm still rather confused to be honest, lol. Anyways, right now I'm looking at the ego c starter kit on veteran vapor. I have a few questions though. What are the batteries like that come with it? How does the stock ego hit? Why do you have to replace the atomizer heads and how often? Can you put the clear tanks on the ego c, like so you can see how much liquid you have? I also like the mouth piece on them. If I think of anything else I'll post it here, thanks! P. S. Sorry for the noob questions, gotta start somewhere though!

That would be a good starter kit.The C tanks aren't all that good but it will get you some good batteries and a charger.You can use any atomizer cartomiser or tank that fits Joye 306,Joye 510 and Joye Ego on it.I would recommend a Vision Clearomiser or Vivi Nova and if you have the money perhaps a Joye 306 atomizer for dripping and some Boge 510 cartomisers.

Cartomisers are the next step in the ecig evolution after atomisers and cartridges.They have the element and filler built into a one piece disposable unit.A cartomiser will depending on the liquid you use the resistance and how much you use it last anywhere from 3 days to several weeks.They are available prefilled and refillable with the refillable ones being most cost effective.There are some eliquid components that do not vaporize and they build up in the filler and on the coil causing vapor production and quality to diminish.The C tank is a small tank the Joye came up with.It work ok when it works but can be a leaky nightmare as well.With cartomisers you cannot change flavors very easy so I use a Joye 306 atomizer and drip liquid on it for tasting and flavors I only vape once in a while ,so as not to commit a cartoiser.You can with cartomisers switch to a similar or complementing flavor.There can be a lot of confusion when starting out so I would keep it as simple as you can at first and just look for your favorite liquids.There are a lot of videos on Youtube of reviews and how to's .And you are doing well by asking questions here.

sorry about the quote thing my browser locks up and I have to copy and paste my replies sometimes.

Every part of an ecig needs to be replaced at one time or another. Batteries can last a year or two or you might break one or get one that doesn't hold a charge after a relatively short time. Small batteries are probably not going to last a year but they usually will be good for a couple hundred recharge cycles. Cartos and attys can last several weeks or even a couple of months but a fresh one after a week or 2 is the way to go. Sometimes you'll get a bad one that is dead on arrival or stops working after a few days but most of the time you can count on them being good for a couple of weeks. After that the flavor coming out of them is not too good and also it takes a day for it to break in nicely also. Always have extras and backups. The same thing goes for clearomisers. As far as recommending and ecig, I always say you can't go wrong with an eGo twist battery or a Vision spinner(which is almost the same thing) and a refillable clearomiser like the eGo cc changeable coil or a ViVi Nova. If your looking for a small cig type e-cig with a carto, I have no idea what is any good.

Don't let these bozos confuse you, Grant...everyone here is too nice and helpful, LOL!!! :p The world of e-cigs can sometimes be really confusing even to the veterans. There are hundreds of vendors selling thousands of products, with more being released, tested, and reviewed daily. Knowing which one to go with is never a "for-sure" thing....no matter what the Provari fanboys on that "other" forum will try to have you believe. The best advice I could give you at this point is to not put too much pressure on yourself. You've already taken the first step towards a cleaner, healthier lifestyle by having the desire to make the switch. So, be patient and take some time to do some research, and ask questions before jumping headlong into anything. In time, all this foreign terminology you're now encountering will make perfect sense. May I suggest that before you do anything else, get on YouTube, and look up Pbusardo. His channel is jam packed with product reviews and tutorials. However, the one video of his I'd recommend as "Required Viewing" would be his "Beginners Guide to E-Cigs" that he did at the beginning of this year. That video alone should clear up a lot of confusion you may be having at this point. Welcome to the forum, and the world of Vaping!!!

Grant - if the starter kit has 2 batteries go for it. You will get to begin vaping right away with some satisfying results for

That kit is 3 pieces - battery,atomizer, tank which is the mouth piece. It will perform adequately but youwill likely find you want a little better performance. To get that performance you will get a different atomizer-tank set up called a clearomizer.

Recommend you get the Vision V2, or the Kanger T2 or the iclear16 or CE4+ , all different names for the clearomizer. They will replace just the atomizer and tank of your eGo kit. They will attach directly to your battery but be more efficient, better vape, last longer.

The ones i listed are all "rebuildable". You only need to replace the atomizer, sometimes referred to as the coil. Its simple and cost effective. Make sure you get the rebuildable because the look the same as a disposable

Thanks for all the help guys! I come with more questions, haha. Being that I am a noob I am going to want to try lots of flavors, and I like experimenting so I will always have lots of flavors. That's one of the main reasons I'm switching to e cigs. What would be the best cartomizer for me? The ones that come in a pack of 5 or one like the vivi nova? It said I could clean it on veteran vaper I believe. Which cartomizer option is most cost effective?

Also, do I need the atomizer head and base that comes with the kit if I am going to be using a cartomizer? I'm under the impression if I'm using a cartomizer, the only thing I need is the battery, Carto, and tip.

Also, do I need the atomizer head and base that comes with the kit if I am going to be using a cartomizer? I'm under the impression if I'm using a cartomizer, the only thing I need is the battery, Carto, and tip.
You are correct, you will not need the base. In fact, you probably will not need the whole eGo-C kit, as you could piece-meal an eGo / clearo / carto setup for around the same price. Again, look up Pbusardo on YouTube, and watch his "Beginners Guide to E-Cigs" video. Then go sift through his channel, and watch the reviews of which products are catching your eye. This is probably the best thing you could do at the moment without confusing yourself. Remember to just keep it simple for now, then go for broke once you've gotten used to the Vaping experience. Good luck!!! :D

I would buy some Ego CC long wick clearomizers (T2 another name) and some replacement coils. I just ordered more to have one for each flavor. All you need is a clearo and a battery and you're good. Veteran Vaper is a great supplier of these. I keep 1.8ohm for fruit flavors and 2.2 for tobacco flavors or coffee if that's what you find you like.

They are simple to fill and the tank will last a long time, are easy to clean, cost is around $4.50 with a coil and replacements coils are $2. They last about 2 weeks if using the same one but a lot longer if you keep multiple tanks and switch around.

In my case are 2 ego 1000mah batteries, 2 Vision Spinners 1300 mah, and 3 full T2s at all times. I keep a charger at home, one in my office at work, and one to travel with and have yet to have two dead batteries at the same time. The 1000mah are my backups and the spinners are my daily vapers. Everyone has different experiences but I an not a fan of cartomizers or atomizers. I think clearomizers are the most widely used, and for me the Kanger T2, also called the Ego CC Long Wick Clearomizer, is the head of the class. I think they offer everything a tank does without the expense.

I also agree you can buy batteries, clearos, chargers, and a case for about the same thing a starter kit will cost. Vision Spinner 1300mah at Sweet-Vapes are $24.95. Two of those, a case, two chargers, and 6 ego cc long wicks from veteran Vaper with 10 replacement could would be around 100 bucks and set you up for months. Then its just finding flavors you like and you are all set!

Don't let these bozos confuse you, Grant...everyone here is too nice and helpful, LOL!!! :p The world of e-cigs can sometimes be really confusing even to the veterans. There are hundreds of vendors selling thousands of products, with more being released, tested, and reviewed daily. Knowing which one to go with is never a "for-sure" thing....no matter what the Provari fanboys on that "other" forum will try to have you believe. The best advice I could give you at this point is to not put too much pressure on yourself. You've already taken the first step towards a cleaner, healthier lifestyle by having the desire to make the switch. So, be patient and take some time to do some research, and ask questions before jumping headlong into anything. In time, all this foreign terminology you're now encountering will make perfect sense. May I suggest that before you do anything else, get on YouTube, and look up Pbusardo. His channel is jam packed with product reviews and tutorials. However, the one video of his I'd recommend as "Required Viewing" would be his "Beginners Guide to E-Cigs" that he did at the beginning of this year. That video alone should clear up a lot of confusion you may be having at this point. Welcome to the forum, and the world of Vaping!!!

200px-Bozos_lament.jpgI have to agree on a lot of those points and after almost 4 years there's a lot that I am in the dark about but I know what I like. And as for the Bozo comment, I resemble that remark!!! lol

So are the ego cc longwicks disposable? I was kind of confused by bcartervol's post. He said they last a long time and then said something about a couple weeks. Is he just talking about the coils lasting a couple weeks? Do you ever have to replace the wicks? Also I will probably get a pack of the clearomizer because I plan on sampling a few different fluids (quite a few probably). What is the cracking I hear about though? Is that with the clearomizer only or the ego Cc as well?

Edited by Grant951

Certain e-liquid flavors (cinnamon, anise, citrus, et al) will fog and/or crack the polycarbonate tanks found on most clearomizers, cheap carto tanks, and some cheap rebuildables. You shouldn't have to worry too much if you're just going to be using cartomizers. Two weeks is quite a while for an atomizer head when compared to the 4-5 days a cartomizer will "last." Even though you can get quite a bit more use out of them, you will lose flavor and performance. My best advice for sampling flavors is to get a standard 510 atomizer, and a drip tip. This is so you can drip the liquid directly onto the atomizer, and sample the flavor without wasting a cartomizer. If you do not like the flavor, simply rinse out the atty, and load a new flavor.

Edited by CascadianExotics

So are the ego cc longwicks disposable? I was kind of confused by bcartervol's post. He said they last a long time and then said something about a couple weeks. Is he just talking about the coils lasting a couple weeks? Do you ever have to replace the wicks? Also I will probably get a pack of the clearomizer because I plan on sampling a few different fluids (quite a few probably). What is the cracking I hear about though? Is that with the clearomizer only or the ego Cc as well?

Grant - yes, bcarter meant the coils. The coil and the wicks come as one unit together that is replaceable. The coil is what burns up after a couple of weeks. Different juices seem to affect coil life, also how you vape. On average they should last you a couple weeks and maybe 4 if you're lucky. When you buy the Clearomizer it comes with a coil installed. Just buy a pack of coils (recommend 1.8 - 2ohm) in addition to the Clearomizer and when you burn up a coil, you just take the Clearomizer apart and screw a new coil on and you're good to go.

I have only cracked one Clearomizer but that was because I stuffed it in my jeans pocket. I have heard that Clearomizers crack with certain juices but its never happened to me. The eGo CC or T2 seemed to be more sturdy than the CE4+. Either are fine starting out.

You will figure it out.

Edited by Bebop12

I've never personally experienced cracking in any tank from a liquid. I vape cinnamon and citrus flavors quite often in my CE4 and the only thing I noticed was that after many weeks the bottom of the black mouthpiece was fading where the juice laid on it overnight on many nights. But I always buy tanks with the hard, clear (almost glass like) plastic. I think that may have something to do with it.

So if I get something like the vivi nova or kangaroo protank it will basically last forever? All I have to do is replace the coils and clean it?

Ive had my Nova for quite awhile now and never had a cracked tank. I just replace the coil heads. :)

I'. But I always buy tanks with the hard, clear (almost glass like) plastic. I think that may have something to do with it.

I was instructed to try and keep cracking flavors away from the shiny almost glass like. That is polycarbonate. Try and buy the dull, kinda cloudy plastic tanks ie: polypropylene. Less chance of cracking or melting.

Liking the kangaroo protanks(funny), bought a few, and yes just wash and dry, change out the head when it's fried, and they should last a long time, unless your rough on them, read a post where someone was breaking them off at the threads...

Never have problems with cinnamon, but absinthe will kcrack a clearo overnight !!