Is Vaping Completely Harmless?

rhyzw

Hey guys, i have started vaping for about 4 months, i am currently training for a fitness test in about a months time and recently i failed a mock fitness test. Today actually, however my personal trainer has convinced me its due to what i eat at xmas (cakes and rich foods).

I rung up the tornado t company puff(something) and the guy told me its harmless for your lungs, however i wanted to get your opinions :).

Will it have ANY impact on my lungs at all? thanks guys.

From my personal experience vaping instead of smoking has made a huge difference in my lungs. I got a gym membership and contracted with a personal trainer a month before I switched from analogs to vaping. At first I could barely stay on the treadmill at a very low speed and no incline for more than five minutes. About 2 - 3 weeks into vaping I got up to nearly half an hour at the highest incline without feeling like I was going to pass out from lack of lung power at a much faster speed. I don't have to stop at the top of the stairs anymore to try to catch my breath. In the past I sounded like I'd run a mile I was so winded.

So yes, my lungs like me a lot better these days, but that's just my experience and I started vaping in May of this year. Your mileage may vary.

Good luck with your fitness test! :)

Nothing is completely harmless. Woe to the person who stands over the stove breathing in the bacon vapors with grease literally coating their lungs. Woe to the person jogging alongside the roadway deeply breathing in the exhaust fumes from passing cars as well as the factories outputs of the day. Woe to the housebound, who breathes in carpet chemicals, fire retardant chemically treated furniture/clothes/carpets/paneling, dust, cooking fumes, spray pam, oven cleaners, lysol cleaners, and so much more. Woe to the country person breathing in tractor fumes, dust, pollen, cow farts...

With that said, vaping surely is 99% safer than smoking T-cigs. That's a no-brainer.

T-cigs literally have smoke that is filled with glue toxins, and thousands of chemicals and toxins.

Switching from smoking to vaping, one finds tremendous improvements in their breathing and overall lifestyle. Wheezing disappears, coughing slows to disappears, rosy cheeks suddenly appear ...

Even COPD patients are reporting in with IMPROVEMENTS in their health.

But, until the vaping world can shell out the millions of $$$$$$ for the $$$$$ lab reports, we can't prove it on paper.

I wouldn't say it's completely harmless. You are still breathing in chemicals which the regular person is not. Now with that being said, I fully agree with everyone above stating that this is indeed a drastic improvement over traditional tobacco smokes. IMO the worst aspect of vaping is the nicotine which is known to increase blood pressure and heart rate. Even still, yet again it is a great alternative compared to tobacco. So to answer your question no vaping is not COMPLETELY harmless although it is much better for you than smoking anything you light. Just my $.02. Good luck with your test. Make sure you're giving your body the rest it needs and drink plenty of water.

I think you would be better off speaking with your doctor vs a forum for health information such as that. What is good for your body may be different than what's good for mine, etc. I personally am not comfortable giving anyone healthcare advice as I'm not trained in any way shape or form. I know that I smoked for for like 8-9 years and I feel better vaping than I ever did smoking. I also know that I smoked the entire time I was in the Marine Corps and I still ran too many miles to count even when I was smoking. Everyone is different. Good luck regardless. I'm not bashing on you I just think you should consult your doctor if you are concerned.

we don't know for sure that it does any damage to your lungs. uma pretty much hit the nail on the head.

that being said, your lungs should not be your only concern. remember that your'e still ingesting nicotine and nicotine is a drug. more than that nicotine IS a toxin. and toxin's are at their core poison. so your'e literally vaping poison. that being said, there have been no proven negative long term effects of taking in small amounts of nicotine over a long period of time.

so, you make your own mind up. i'm going to continue vaping because i personally enjoy it. i KNOW 2 things for a fact.

1.) since i quit smoking and started vaping my 2 mile run time has gone from 16:32 to 13:28. 3 minutes is ALOT of time to take off of a 2 mile run time. so i KNOW FOR A FACT that my lungs have improved since giving up the cigarettes.

2.) i know that vaping is not as healthy as someone who doesn't smoke or vape. but like i said, i enjoy it and my lung function seems to have improved so i'm more than happy to keep on vaping :)

Its just i failed my mock test today, i passed a mock test a few weeks ago i ran 1.5 miles in 11.05 minutes, today i got to 2km (2.4 is what i needed) and could not run any more, however my trainer insists this was due to eating to much cake on xmas etc :(

i am stressing loads because i payed about 600 - 700 these past couple of months for a trainer and i really need to pass this fitness test in a few weeks!.

bump! want an expert opinion on this..

SHALL I QUIT VAPING TO IMPROVE MY FITNESS?

or will it make little difference?

Sorry no experts here. Consult with your physician. Best case scenario is to not smoke or vape. :)

Best case scenario is to not smoke or vape. :)

There's your best answer right there. The best option is to not smoke or vape. We vape because we personally believe it's a healthier alternative to smoking. But the best option period is to not do either.

bump! want an expert opinion on this..

SHALL I QUIT VAPING TO IMPROVE MY FITNESS?

or will it make little difference?

We're not experts, we're just experienced users. We're all different. As for me, stopping vaping would not improve my fitness ... in fact, it would deteriorate my fitness!... why? because I would go back to full time smoking. I'm addicted, and vaping satisfies my every need. Shoot, even the nic helps to alleviate my alztimers symptoms, if I remember right. It also reduces my blood pressure, because I'm not ST R E S S I N G for a smoke. Which also means that it's lowering the BP of my family and friends because I am oh so much kinder than I would be otherwise.

Talk to your Doc. Only he/she KNOWS you, your condition, your habits, your needs, your needs. Besides, it would be a great way to "officially" keep track of how you're doing since your switched from smoking to vaping, as well as how you are doing since.

If you're a non-smoker, starting vaping for chits and giggles,.... delete delete delete.

YET, under a DOC's supervision, it'd be interesting to see the reports, if you're so bent on inhaling something besides our good old toxic air all around us everywhere we go. Heck, the PG mix will probably heal all your woes as far as that goes. But, only your DOC can examine the data on you as it comes in. We can't.

I can't say either way without any facts but in my experience after vaping for almost two years, vaping is a TON better and analogs. I can breathe better, smell, taste, and I live a fuller more active life. I can tell you I would never go back to smoking and I'll find it hard to put vaping down.

Right now I don't thing the medical community has enough information to say if vaping is totally safe or not. This has only been around for a few years so they don,t have the long term data needed to see if it is harmful.Just think how many years one has to smoke before the various effects are known.I keep current with several medical and nursing journles and have yet to see a study about the risk/benifits of vaping.I just know I feel allot better now then I did when I smoked,and all the vapors I talk to feel the same.I guess untill some vaping related diseases show up all we can say it is we think it is a "safer alternitive"