Do You Still Smoke Cigarettes?

I have one here and there. It is usually a social smoke. It is kind of nice knowing I can have one every once in a while without getting addicted. It feels like when an alcoholic is free of their addiction and can have a beer without ruining their life again. I used to feel guilty like I'm cheating or something because I would have thoughts like,"I'm not a smoker anymore. I'm a vaper. Smoking is bad. I'm not one of those people." but then I realized I was having a self righteous attitude just like the people that are trying to ban ecigs along with everything else.

Hello Schizophretard...good to see you again.

I haven't smoked in almost two years now. And it hasn't been a struggle at all.

It was a struggle for me at first but now my addiction has completely flipped to ecigs. I bum a smoke every once in a while but never been tempted to buy a pack. My rule for myself is to never buy a pack again.

It was a struggle for me at first but now my addiction has completely flipped to ecigs. I bum a smoke every once in a while but never been tempted to buy a pack. My rule for myself is to never buy a pack again.

I remember you struggling with it so I'm glad to hear it's better for you now. I thought it could be a struggle for me after 34 years of smoking, but it just wasn't. I was one of the lucky ones, I guess. My addiction is to ecigs now, too, but it's a much more enjoyable addiction. LOL

You know one thing I noticed. Even though I'm now a none smoker, is just how appealing a pack of cigarettes is. Any time I go to a gas station to grab some soda etc I can't help but notice the wall of cigarettes. I'd never buy a pack and honestly I just don't crave them anymore, but there is something subtle and attractive about the art work. I can't help but think we're getting mind screwed every time we see a pack. I don't know if it's the colors or what, but I'm willing to bet there is some type of physiological research that goes into those boxes.

I remember you struggling with it so I'm glad to hear it's better for you now. I thought it could be a struggle for me after 34 years of smoking, but it just wasn't. I was one of the lucky ones, I guess. My addiction is to ecigs now, too, but it's a much more enjoyable addiction. LOL

Atomic Cinnacide helped a bunch. I need the burn. It kind of reminds me of the sensation I had from the times I would try chew. Everyone talks about throat hit but I need the whole mouth hit. Vaping is fun but for the most part Atomic Cinnacide ruined the fun of trying different flavors for me. If I tried something like apple it better be like a Warheads sour apple or it would just taste like apple flavored air. When I first tried Atomic Cinnacide it was over powering. It was so intense that I had to make sure I wasn't sucking up the juice. If you know of a juice that is either hot or sour and feels like a punch to the face the first hit then please let me know.

I don't remember if I said it months ago but I have completely broke my habit of poisoning myself with 48 mg or even 36 mg. I'm at 24 mg. If anybody is considering trying 48 mg and/or is a noob then DON'T DO IT! 24 mg should be your max ,36 mg is pushing it, and 48 mg is poison.

You know one thing I noticed. Even though I'm now a none smoker, is just how appealing a pack of cigarettes is. Any time I go to a gas station to grab some soda etc I can't help but notice the wall of cigarettes. I'd never buy a pack and honestly I just don't crave them anymore, but there is something subtle and attractive about the art work. I can't help but think we're getting mind screwed every time we see a pack. I don't know if it's the colors or what, but I'm willing to bet there is some type of physiological research that goes into those boxes.

If they made them look like Atari carts I wouldn't be able to go into a gas station.

Edited by Schizophretard

Atomic Cinnacide helped a bunch. I need the burn. It kind of reminds me of the sensation I had from the times I would try chew. Everyone talks about throat hit but I need the whole mouth hit. Vaping is fun but for the most part Atomic Cinnacide ruined the fun of trying different flavors for me. If I tried something like apple it better be like a Warheads sour apple or it would just taste like apple flavored air. When I first tried Atomic Cinnacide it was over powering. It was so intense that I had to make sure I wasn't sucking up the juice. If you know of a juice that is either hot or sour and feels like a punch to the face the first hit then please let me know.

I don't remember if I said it months ago but I have completely broke my habit of poisoning myself with 48 mg or even 36 mg. I'm at 24 mg. If anybody is considering trying 48 mg and/or is a noob then DON'T DO IT! 24 mg should be your max ,36 mg is pushing it, and 48 mg is poison.

Atomic Cinnacide is and always has been my all day vape. It was the very first juice I could actually taste and the only one I really like even now. I vape a coffee flavor sometimes just to break it up a bit, but always go right back to the atomic cinnacide. For the most part I still have trouble tasting juice. There are a few from madvapes that I can taste, but just barely. So...I'm not going to be able to help you out with the "punch to the face the first hit" thing. Sorry.

I don't remember you saying you were off the 48 mg. That's good news. I'm glad the 24 mg is working for you.

• 2 months later...

I still smoke, but nowhere near as much as I used to. Some days I don't smoke at all, some days I'll have one, some days I'll smoke 5-10... It all depends on what's going on in my life. Cigarettes seem to be better at relieving stress than e-cigarettes.

I've never really... craved cigarettes, to be honest, except maybe when I'm stressed. I've always just enjoyed smoking and the feeling i get from the nicotine.

Edited by DerStadtschutz

• 3 weeks later...

I don't smoke anymore and have no desire to but I don't have a problem lighting one up if I have dead batts or something; although, I have learned to always have backups for my backups so I always have a working device so this hasn't happened in a long time and it's unlikely that this would ever happen again but if it did I would have no problem lighting up.

For a good 11 months, my answer was NO. (barring 3 puffs here and there).

At the 11 month mark, I went through some pretty heavy stressful times and I lit up and smoked at least a pack or two.

Then it was back to NO!

For a good 3 months.

Then some more heavy stressful times hit me and I smoked off and on for several months.

Now? Now I'm wanting to yell NO, but I am craving again.

I thought I had armed myself well with some 36mg waiting for those awful times. But, even that didn't help. I needed quick, hard, angry pulls off a traditional.

Today I am arming myself with the HH.357's and I'm stockpiling one by one. These provide the quick, angry pulls that satisfy.

I'm also preparing to purchase a VV with 3.0 attys/cartos for fullness.

Even though I should feel "bad" about giving in during stress, I won't. I won't because it's all a learning curve. I had a few curveballs thrown at me and I wasn't prepared to catch them. I just thought I was. No biggie.

To go 11 solid months is a miracle. Before the eCig I couldn't go 1 hour. Two hours had me bawling like a baby. I smoked for over 45 years, and couldn't go more than 15 minutes comfortably. Who the heck am I to beat myself up for going 11 months! lol. THAT is NOT going to happen. But, yes, I did beat myself up for not being more fully prepared. With that said, please excuse me while I go read more about the LavaTube, Buzz Pro, VV Saber Touch, Integrity, Provari, Darwin, VV Reo Grand, and the KICK. <--- what a kick eh?!!

I just started vaping, well its been a week today, i havent picked up a cig since i unboxed the e-cig. i was a pack a day smoker for 20yrs. i do crave it once in a while. its still a small strugle, but not as much if i didnt vape. The withdrawls from the cigs were horribe, i hope not not feel like that again. now i vape 24mg in the morning for a couple hrs then swtich to 0mg and vape that most the day. i have a pack of cigs in the desk drawer, ive looked at them a couple times, but then feel guilty and close it. im happy i made the switch. the hardest part is my buddys ribbing me that vaping is smokeing, i cant explain it anymore to make them understand. so i just dont lol. ive tried to quite cold turkey before that lasted a day tops. all my friends smoke so its hard to quite while around them. i dont have any problems being around them and vaping vs smoking. i really wanted to quite though, so that helps a ton.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I usually only do If i have been drinking or something. a lot of time if i run out or something and I try to smoke real cig.. I just can't.... it feels so dirty and I can't handle it

the funny thing is i ended up like that as well, i been vaping for 2-3 weeks i think, and have the urge to pick up a smoke but when i do it makes me feel weird, the smoke and the thick buildup of tar/yellow stuff in my old ash tray kind of makes me sick tot hink of it now, it kind of kicks back those urges i get to smoke a cigarette time to time. I smoked for so long that i forgot how refreshing it is to have clean non smoky air around me.

Not at all since getting my ecig order in. attempted to the other night while drunk. Took 4 puffs and threw the while thing out. Can't lie, its not even as enjoyable or good as vaping anymore. At all. And considering I was drunk that says a whole lot. Good bye nasty addiction, hello less nasty addiction :D

Edited by Mark
drug reference

Im one of the lucky ones who has not had a cig since day one of vaping. Slightly over 2 yrs now. Still occasionally I will get that "i want a cig" feeling, but then just think that grape, pina colada, cola, etc, would taste much better!