Do You Still Smoke Cigarettes?

Im one of the lucky ones who has not had a cig since day one of vaping. Slightly over 2 yrs now. Still occasionally I will get that "i want a cig" feeling, but then just think that grape, pina colada, cola, etc, would taste much better!

Same here, with two year anniversary coming Feb 11, 2012

Quit by vaping FIRST in the high crave periods and told myself to go ahead and have that analog. After a few days. did not want the analog afterward. Looking back, I still marvel at how easy it was.

Started out as a real tough battle, but with the help of these fine people here on the forum I haven't had an analog in almost 2 years. Don't know if I could have fought it without their help. Tks to all of you!! ( you know who you are :kiss: )

Edited by snubber

• 2 weeks later...

I am very new to vaping, first month for sure, probably close to three weeks now. I have found that I am cheating about 2 butts a day. Getting to be less and less as I lean more and more on the E-Cig. Everytime I want a butt I just hit the E-Cig HARD, and I can usually crush the desire pretty quickly. Mostly because the taste is so darn good and I just want it to taste better, and the only way that happens is if I keep off the butts!

honestly since ive picked up my first e cig back on oct 16 2011 i have had a few cigs. get a craving once in a while but seem to manage. but I still have a couple a month but I say hey at least it aint 2 packs a day anymore. and was 2 packs for almost 20 years. My epower seems to keep me in check lol

I started vaping to cut down on my pipe smoking ... and I still smoke my pipe about once a week.

It has actually gotten to the point where it is almost a pain to go back to the pipe, but I do it for an almost medical reason. When I was a kid, I had terrible canker sores, but I grew out of them after puberty... usual in my family. For some reason, when I quit smoking, they came back worse than ever, and never abated until I picked up the pipe. After doing some research, I found there was something in tobacco smoke that killed whatever was causing the canker sore. I assumed it was the nicotine, but it turns out that wasn't the case, and nothing else kept them away like smoking. About once a week is the minimum I need to smoke to keep them away, so I do that.

Sure, I still enjoy it, but I don't NEED it the way I used to, and I really have to have nothing going on to really enjoy it. So when I am busy, it is almost a chore.

Well, I do think a cig is a lot different than pipe or a cigar, the tobacco quality is way different. I tried a cigarette once a couple months after I quit, and it was absolutely disgusting.

I started as a pipe smoker, because I really do enjoy the flavor. I love my PV, but it just doesn't pair with the glass of scotch and a book the way my pipe does. It just helps that be the very occasional activity, as it should be.

• 1 month later...

Have smoked 2 and 3 puffs off third one. One new years Eve. 3 puffs off one new years day. One last week when I fried my ego charger and had no way to charge anything.

Now I have many many back ups now. LOL

Before when I got the urge to smoke, I vaped some high mg nic.

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk

Have smoked 2 and 3 puffs off third one. One new years Eve. 3 puffs off one new years day. One last week when I fried my ego charger and had no way to charge anything.

Now I have many many back ups now. LOL

Before when I got the urge to smoke, I vaped some high mg nic.

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk

Yay on the high nic when "the urge" strikes! I was climbing the walls there for a bit when I hit the 2nd month; the higher nic and increase in caffeine pulled me through. I hear the next hump is around month 4, and I'm hoping it won't be as bad. But, knowledge is power, right? Still, for me, it's terrifying to want a cigarette. I'm truly scared that, if I smoke, it will either ruin my e-cig experience or render it less effective. Silly, perhaps.. but withdrawing from whatever addictive chemicals in cigarettes other than nicotine was a telling and unnerving experience at 2 weeks and 2 months. I never want to go through that again.. I'm not sure that I'll make it.

I have 8 packs of cigarettes in a drawer. I used to think about those every single day. I don't think about them hardly at all anymore.. but, the fact that they are still there says a great deal. No sense denying it.. That said, if I should stumble, God help me, I know it's not the end of the world. We'll see.

I'm into month 3 and still cig free. Never thought I'd get this far. Tried the patch in the past with no success.Still crave at times, hope the worst is behind me.