Fda Lies?

St3v0

I read a press release from 2009 on www.FDA.gov. The release talks about the dangers of ecigs, such as ejuices that contain diethylene glycol and carcinogens including nitrosamines.

Is this a bold-faced lie or what?

Yes and No. They tested two brands. One contained diethylene glycol one did not. The companies names where not released, the source of the e liquid was not release and the testing methods where not released.... Pretty shady if you ask me. They then sent this to the media and it was spun in the worst possible light. They also claimed suppliers sold child friendly flavors such as "chocolate chip." To this day, I've yet to see a chocolate chip e liquid. I sure wished they'd send us a sample to try. Sounds tasty.

I do not put very much faith in any goverenment agency study.They all have an agenda ,and it is not always promoting the truth.Are eggs safe this week?

No actually. Funny you mention that, they can't even get egg testing done correctly (this just in the last day) : http://www.foodsafetynews.com/2011/03/inspector-general-tells-how-government-does-not-work/

I read a press release from 2009 on www.FDA.gov. The release talks about the dangers of ecigs, such as ejuices that contain diethylene glycol and carcinogens including nitrosamines.

Is this a bold-faced lie or what?

From what I've read about their "study", they found 1 cart out of 18 that had diethylene glycol, and those came from China. The stuff they tested NOT from China contained none.

As for the nitrosamines, they found the same amount found in nicotine patches, but they failed to point that part out.

Just saying :)

Edited by ancientpuffer

actually the company names were released... let me see if i can find it, but i remember the one with the diethylene glycol was smoking everywhere and it was only found in one cartridge of many that they sampled and may have been contaminated... now i will see if i can find that somewhere to back myself up here

Yes and No. They tested two brands. One contained diethylene glycol one did not. The companies names where not released, the source of the e liquid was not release and the testing methods where not released.... Pretty shady if you ask me. They then sent this to the media and it was spun in the worst possible light. They also claimed suppliers sold child friendly flavors such as "chocolate chip." To this day, I've yet to see a chocolate chip e liquid. I sure wished they'd send us a sample to try. Sounds tasty.

Well technically there is a chocolate chip juice, except it's just called chocolate, cuz that's all chocolate chips are. Unless, of course, you mean a chocolate chip COOKIE flavored juice, that is...

Well thank you for the chocolate lesson. You've been vaping how long and your in the mood to school me this week also? Boy you really love to push the envelope don't you.

And yes, I meant Chocolate chip cookie. If you want to get technical, Chocolate chips are not always a substitute for melted baking chocolate. Chocolate chips are designed to retain their shape (for cookies naturally) when baking, they contain less cocoa butter than typical baking chocolate. So while yes, it is still chocolate, it's normally intended for cookies. Regardless it was a sarcastic comment made towards the FDA and their nanny like attitude.

Your troll like attitude on this topic and various other topics is starting to irritate me. It's taken a lot of work over the years to keep this forum fun, informative and most of all friendly. You where banned from ECF and claimed they where Nazis, if you don't want to see me turn into a Nazi I'd suggest you think before posting your sarcastic unnecessary comments.

And if you even think of hitting the negative button on this post like you love to do with other members (again trolling), I will, happily, ban you.

Thanks Chris....been wanting to say something for a long time now but it isn't my forum or place to make that kind of call.

Now settle down...have a good vape and return to that mild mannered leader that I've seen before. Mein Fuher. And if that doesn't help just send Makayla to kick ***.

Edited by snubber