Congratulations To My Wife!

My wife, Amy, has now been smoke free for 5 days! :animier:

She tried to vape a long time ago, but vaping irritated her throat and chest so much that she just couldn't do it. VG juice was a little better, but she just couldn't do it. I ordered so much eliquid from so many vendors trying to find something she could vape, but nothing worked. The last juice I ordered was VapeRite organic, but she gave up before trying that. So, here it is almost a year later and she decided she was going to quit smoking. As she got down to her last pack, I prepared some cartomizers with VapeRite Lemon-Lime Cola and Banana Foster. She tried those and was able to vape! It did take a little getting use to for her, but it seemed much easier for her than anything else she had tried in the past (so I just placed a huge order with VapeRite for more organic flavors).

Vaping doesn't seem to work as easily for her as it did for me. She says she still really wants an analog, but she'd doing quite well and I'm proud of her! :thumbsup:

Thought this would be a good way to us my 5000th post. :)

yee-haw that is good news. Congrats to both of you!!! NOw you have to talk her into joining the forum so we can talk about you, i mean so we can support her ;) For real though she might enjoy the additional support and encouragement :)

Thanks everyone! :) I have tried to get Amy on the forum a few times in the past, especially when she was having so much trouble with it. I felt bad that I couldn't get her converted and hoped maybe VT could help, but she wouldn't. I think she just doesn't have the interest in it like I do. I'll try again though. :)

@Morfeeus - I can't really give a good opinion on the flavor as I'm just not much on fruit flavors. I don't care for the Banana Foster - I guess it's okay, but not something I could vape for long. I seem to recall Jeffb really liked it though (I think).

Congratualtions to Amy. Way to go. I'm glad you found something that didn't hurt you. I use a lot of the Vaperite organic line. It's good and it doesn't come off as harsh like some other juices do. Contrtulations again and hope to see you, Amy, on the forum sometime.

Brian, I saw that 5000 was creeping up for you and was wondering how you would "spend" it or if you'd even notice it. Your post was a great nod to vaping, patience, and your wife. I hope vaping continues to be a success for her.

Amy, Congratulations on not giving up completely on vaping and successfully kicking analogs. It takes what it takes to get were you are and where you are is a very good place to be.

Brian, You deserve the Husband of the Year award for taking the time and the expense to order liquids from everywhere you could find, trying to find one that your wife might be able to vape without the side effects she had been experiencing.

This is the first forum I have ever attempted to join and I love every second I spend reading and responding to the posts. I have established friendships that I would have never experienced, had it not been for this forum. I love vaping, talking about vaping, learning everything I can about vaping and planning my next vape. Forums are not for everyone and I would have never guessed in a million years that I would be this involved in a forum. No one has any idea what tomorrow has to hold. Amy may wake up tomorrow and have a burning desire to learn about the Taryn Spin so she goes to VT Forum and posts a question asking if anyone familiar with this procedure.

I know I'm getting carried away here so I'm stopping.....!!!!!

Yeah Amy!! Way to go!!

Congrats on 5,000 posts Brian!! I'll second the nominations for Brian as Husband of the Year. I'd vote for him for best vaper helper here at VT, too. Honestly Brian, I don't know what we'd do without you. Thanks for everything you do. :unworthy: You're the best!!!

Congrats to you both! Glad you found something that works! I have been having some sinus issues and was going to try different juice. I will have to check them out!

Congratulations! My wife is having similar issues with vaping, I guess there is still hope. :thumbsup:

I'm becoming more convinced that it's the juice. Figuring that on her 5th days he's had a chance to get use to vaping, I mixed some juice 50/50, hoping she could vape something with PG (since she's using cartos, PG works better). No dice. Every hit sent her into a hacking fit. This made me really curious about the juice, so last night I filled up a LR carto with the VapeRite Organic and asked her to try it. I was sure it would knock her down, but no, she took a big ole hit and blew out a huge cloud of vapor with no problem. I could be wrong, but I'm thinking it really is PG that bothers her. Pretty sure that some vendors selling VG eliquid still use flavors that are PG based, so while you think it's 100 VG, it still has 20% PG in it.

Congrats on being so patient and working so hard to help your Amy. Some of us just seem to take to vaping instantly and others just seem to have a really hard time. Doesn't help when the PG causes so much irritation.

Just like any chemical we ingest or inhale, anybody can have reactions or intolerances to it. I'm glad the VG seems to be working for her, finding flavors without any PG is definitely a challenge.

Congrats on hitting that 5000.....You really are a cornerstone of the forum !!thumbsup.gifunworthy.gif

12 Days!!! :)

Still going well. The other night she showed me one of her eGos and said "I like this one best, not the taste, but how it works". It was the LR carto, which is why a ordered a bunch more LR cartos (thanks egolvr for the find). I was surprised that she was liking the LR, but it convinced me more than ever that it's the juice that causes her problems. To experiment, I took one of the regular cartos filled with juice she can vape and put it on my Provari at 5V. She hit it like a champ with no problems! So, she's liking the LR cartos and I just want to note that she's using 100% VG Organic juice and it's working just fine in the cartos. Now, she's not vaping as heavily as many of us, but she's going through 3-5 cartos a day and they are working fine for her.

Friday night I set her up with an eGo-T to try and that's going well also. She actually prefers that over the carto because of the way it feels (the draw and the mouthpiece). She drained a whole tank and a couple of cartos on Saturday. Since she likes the T so much, I went ahead and ordered a couple more of them and also some of the LR ones to try (thanks Morfeeus for the GP sale post). I think she thinks I'm crazy because I keep asking how it's going, what she likes and doesn't like, etc. I just want her to have the best possible experience with this.

Juice. Of the 7 new flavors I ordered from VapeRite, she can only use two of them, not due to the flavor, but because they irritate her. I've gotten where I can tell which ones she won't be able to use because I even found them to be a bit scratch on my throat. The ones she can use feel pretty smooth. Each flavor came with a 3ml sample also, so we've still got 7 more to try (wish her luck). Right now she has three that she can use.

Thanks Brian for giving us an update on Amy and the vaping. Good for her. I don't do that well on pg juices myself. I can do 20%pg but nothing higher. I got some 50/50 from VapeRite and can't use it. I wanted something to taste a little bit stronger but I guess I will have to wait until I start to mix my own. congratulations again Amy and glad you found something you can vape.