How Do I Change E Liquid Flavor?

AR7K

Hello.

Recently, I got a new flavor of e-liquid (cola) so I blew out the excess liquid in my atty and dripped 3 drops of my new cola flavor. However, the flavor tastes mixed with cola and my previous flavor (machiatto).

So my question is, how do you change flavor from one e-liquid to another without getting mixed taste?

Friendly answers would be appreciated.

Thank you and have a good day.

P.S. To moderators,

I posted this on the "How Do I?" section of the forum but didn't get any reply so I'm reposting it here. Feel free to delete the topic in that section as I don't know how.

You can also clean your atty. What has worked for me is running water as hot as you can without burning yourself and let it trickle in the atty. Do that a few times, blow out the water, rinse again, blow it out etc. Then let it dry at least over night to make sure It has dried. A lot of people have different opinions on this, but every week or two I do this to all my attys. That's why it's good to have spares. Use a spare while your other is being cleaned. Also, when it is finally dried and you drip liquid into it, let the liquid soak into the atty a minute before you vape. And put an extra drop or so more then usual to make sure it is good and wet. Like I said, everyone has there own way but this has worked well for me, along with a lot of others on the web. Hope this helps you...

I've done this with all of my attys on a weekly basis, and in three months or so I haven't had one die on me yet. You wanna make sure to clean them once in a while to get the gunk and old juice off the coil.

Edited by aerovapor

• 2 years later...

If your old flavor is not a mint, Vodka works really well but can take up to 24 or longer. hot water same... The fastest way I have found is to use tasteless fluid to flush it out.

Drip 3-4 drops onto the atty let it sit for a minute or so. Then blow it out. Repeat this a couple times. Them drop 3-4 drops in the atty and vape a few times... Blow it out.. repeat 2-3 times till you dont get any flavor when you vape. once done do 1 final blow and fill with new flavor. This can work with mint as well just takes a afew more flushes.

I usually use flavors that complement one another so it is not a big issue.Cleaning is the onliest solution .You hasta have several atties to accommodate the drying out period or perhaps one for each flavor.

. Cartomisers are a different story I don't bother trying to clean those but some people do with mixed results.

Edited by mcquinn

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have ego ce5 units, these are not bad to clean out.

I take off the mouth piece, bottom unit, which is the airshaft, coils and wick.

and sock them for 24 hours in hot water. but I also bought 4 extra tank assemblys too.

so I always have a few clean units ready. the worse ones are the ones that leave stuff baked on the coils. but the joytech people showed me how to burn the coils clean by dry firing for 5 seconds.

• 2 weeks later...

I "flush" the last flavor out of my attys by dripping a few drops of plain VG into them and then vape. Repeat a couple of times until the last flavor is gone. You can purchase VG fairly inexpensively at several online sources. I always save a couple of my spent juice bottles, remove the lable, wash them out and re-purpose them for VG or DIY juice. Also, there is absolutely nothing wrong with rinsing out a 510-type dripping atty.

Instead of washing in hot water and waiting for 24 hours, I use 91% isopropyl alcohol from WalMart. I simply drop the atty, cartridge, clearomizer or whatever into a jar filled with the alcohol, swish it around a few times, drain it and it dries in minutes, instead of taking all night waiting for the water to evaporate. If the wick is really caked up and won't wick up because of the sticky residue, I'll leave the atty in the alcohol all night, take it out the next morning, and it looks and works like new.

The alcohol dissolves the residue inside the tank much quicker, dissolves the sticky residue on the wick much better, cleans the coil better and is odorless after it completely evaporates.

For my dripping atty, I simply squirt in some alcohol, swish it around a little, drain it, let it dry for a few minutes and I am good to go for another flavor or e-liquid without waiting. I rarely can ever taste the previous juice. About the only flavor I have trouble with is menthol and cinnamon which take a little more cleaning to remove the aroma of the flavor.