How Did You Hear About E-Cigs?

I thought it'd be interesting to see a few peoples stories on how they found this amazing product....

For me i was watching a Jay and Silent Bob Smodcast and Kevin Smith(Bob) asked Jason Mewes(Jay) what George Jetsons decice was he smoking..... So Jay carried on describing the e-cig he has and how well it worked for him, he also talked about all the different flavor juices etc etc.. So i just knew this was a great idea.... I guess I'm just a huge Kevin Smith fan which is the truth, but this has def changed my life... I ordered that same week after doing my research and with all the help from you guys :thumbsup:

Also that same day i was out with my friends and one of them was vaping on a Blu... Just weird how things work out when ya look for it.

Edited by KaYoTiiC

My wife's friend turned us onto the NJOY/NPRO. She told us it was the best e-cig around. I soon found out differently after joining VT. :)

Yea i was told that the Blu was the greatest thing ever by my friend... I found my way to this awesome site and introduced myself and got EGO'd. Glad i decided to wait and make sure i was making the right decision.

In the smoking (cigar)room on a cruise in August a young couple from Oklahoma said I was coughing too much!!! and out of her purse came a Joye510!! I was amazed that such a product existed - but living in the forests of Canada I do get behind knowledge of modern devices!!! To make a long story short - I researched and researched AGAINST my husband's opinion and found this wonderful,informative site. Thank-you Vapor Talk. I have been vaping since October 1st, no smokes since mid-October and believe it or not my husband is now vaping since mid-October!!! We are ages 67 and 74, both smoked for 50+ years each, saving about $600 a month!!! I do not count all my new products as a cost - they have changed our lives. :thumbsup:

In the smoking (cigar)room on a cruise in August a young couple from Oklahoma said I was coughing too much!!! and out of her purse came a Joye510!! I was amazed that such a product existed - but living in the forests of Canada I do get behind knowledge of modern devices!!! To make a long story short - I researched and researched AGAINST my husband's opinion and found this wonderful,informative site. Thank-you Vapor Talk. I have been vaping since October 1st, no smokes since mid-October and believe it or not my husband is now vaping since mid-October!!! We are ages 67 and 74, both smoked for 50+ years each, saving about $600 a month!!! I do not count all my new products as a cost - they have changed our lives. :thumbsup:

That's a great story... I'm gonna show my dad this because he has smoked for a little bit over 40 years and he doesn't trust the whole e-cig thing. He doesn't think it will work for him...

Congrats on quitting... Just shows how awesome of a product we have :thumbsup:

I was talking to a gal who worked at a local gas station (I was buying a pack of cigarettes) when she mentioned she hadn't had a cigarette in over a week because she was using her "electric cigarette". I thought she was nuts! I'd never heard of such a thing. She grabbed her PV and we stepped outside where she showed it to me. I was amazed. She said she got it at a little smoke shack here in town, so I went the next day to buy one. I just knew it would work for me. He was out and I had to wait for four days, but I got it! Not a great PV, but it got me started. Thirty four years of smoking ended with that first unit and 14 months later I'm loving vaping and loving that I don't smoke any more.

Great stories you guys.

Like most others, I had been wanting to quit. My chest was hurting at times, feeling brachish (sp) and then there's the smell in your clothes/hair/breath. Last year, my daughter said to me, "Mom you should try those electronic cigarettes." as if I knew what she was talking about. We talked about it a little bit .. I sampled one at the mall but honestly, it didn't "feel" like drawing off a cigarette .. it was WORK! The notion subsided. Then my mom was once again getting on my case about smoking (this isn't new or unusual, but it about the time I want to hang up the phone on her) and so I told her maybe one day I'll try the electronic cigarette. She tells me she'll buy it for me, which wasn't necessary. It did however bring the notion back to life again. I was going to buy the Luci when I was up in Ohio early last year because the friend that I was visiting said, "The head shop up the street has them for about $70 .. buy one here, not at the mall." I went to Ohio, it was $75 but marked down 50%. Well I wondered "Why is it marked down 50%?". I was skeptical and opted not to purchase it, but instead to actually do some research first. I ordered my first kits at the end of April, was vaping by the first week of May and although it wasn't all roses at first ..

.. here I am :)

Edited by noXious

That's a great story... I'm gonna show my dad this because he has smoked for a little bit over 40 years and he doesn't trust the whole e-cig thing. He doesn't think it will work for him...

Congrats on quitting... Just shows how awesome of a product we have :thumbsup:

Tell your dad it will be the greatest thing he has ever done for himself and his children. My blood pressure is down to what it was when I was in my 30s. I have had two strokes and both were caused by high blood pressure. Yep was stupid to keep smoking but what can I say, smoking had me and it had me good. I had never heard of an e-cig but saw Katherine Heygl of David Letterman's show and umm, this might be the answer. We research and "kissing a few frogs" I found this site and found the eGo. I haven't smoked in almost two months and still get my nic. The best of both worlds. Trying to lower the nic levels now but I was a smoker for 48 years and had very little trouble leaving the analogs after about a week or two. Good luck and keep vaping.

Edited by jeffb

I kept hearing that radio commercial for the "smoke assassin" so I started searching on-line. Spent a few days searching those big commercial sites (that's all I was seeing with searches, Smoking Everywhere, Smoke 51, Blu, etc). One term I kept seeing over an over was "vapor", so I search for "vapor cigarette" and that's when I found Vapor Talk. :) That was the end of it... the fine folks here hooked me right up and I've been happily vaping ever since.

My way to ecigs is similar to Brian's. Kept hearing commercials on the radio (the ones right after grow your own TOMATOES! [you know what I mean]) and I did a search for something like Brian's too. Found Vapor Talk and everyone was so friendly and encouraging. I knew I wanted something that lasted longer, didn't care if it looked like a cigarette, and would really work. eGo it was. Got it September 1 and have only had a few bummed smokes here and there since.

I've been hearing about e-cigs for awhile, on the news, on the internet, etc. Someone in the lab I worked in said he had tried one and hated it (he got the blu) and it didn't work for him, so I kind of passed. But for awhile now I've really wanted to quit or cut down. I've been trying to get more active and just be healthier overall, and it's tough to do cardio when you're coughing up tar every 5 minutes. I've been getting bronchitis 1-2 times a year since I started smoking, but even during my bouts of bronchitis I would ::have:: to smoke 1 a day. Then I'd get better, and go up to 3...4...5...10...you know the drill.

Anyway, I was looking for at quitting options when on a forum I frequent someone said they completely quit smoking with an electronic cigarette. They had one of the more expensive brands from a big company (No 7 I believe) but hearing that it had worked for someone got me googling. I kept going but couldn't find any legit reviews on any of these things for awhile, until I was looking through how-to and review videos on youtube and came across one of Chris's, which led me to the vaportalk forums.

Now I have a 510 and have gone from 8-10 analogs / day, to 5-8 analogs / week, which is basically only when I hang out with my smoker friends.

And an e-cig is quite a conversation starter at parties! Now whenever I go out I get "Is that one of those electronic cigarettes?" "What is that I've been seeing you puff on?" and of course everyone's gotta try it!

I heard about "free electronic cigarettes" on the radio. I thought this would be amazing for the ladies in our recovery home to help them quit smoking if they wanted to. I called the 800 number and quickly realized it was a scam to get ya to buy $100s of cartridges. But it got me thinking. So I googled e cigs and Vapor Talk popped up as one of the top listed. I'm sure glad I found this place. So much information and so many good people.

To date we have given more than 12 kits to women in recovery who wanted to reduce or quit smoking. I'm not in touch with all of them but they all were grateful for the opportunity. Just gave the last one away last week and she's already vaping full time and most of the time vaping zero nic.

And I purchased and gave away an eGo to a good friend. He's doing pretty good and really making an effort too.

I even purchased my own eGo so I could taste the zero nic juices and have an occasional vape of my own. :shiftyninja:

We are so grateful to those who donated kits and juice for our ladies. It's been an awesome investment into their lives.

Edited by HyOnLyph

• 4 weeks later...

I thought it'd be interesting to see a few peoples stories on how they found this amazing product....

For me i was watching a Jay and Silent Bob Smodcast and Kevin Smith(Bob) asked Jason Mewes(Jay) what George Jetsons decice was he smoking..... So Jay carried on describing the e-cig he has and how well it worked for him, he also talked about all the different flavor juices etc etc.. So i just knew this was a great idea.... I guess I'm just a huge Kevin Smith fan which is the truth, but this has def changed my life... I ordered that same week after doing my research and with all the help from you guys :thumbsup:

Also that same day i was out with my friends and one of them was vaping on a Blu... Just weird how things work out when ya look for it.

I understand forum admin, you guys wouldn't want a bunch of links filling up the threads here i guess we will just have to make our own forum so content doesn't get edited

we understand 100% so no worries

I understand forum admin, you guys wouldn't want a bunch of links filling up the threads here i guess we will just have to make our own forum so content doesn't get edited

FYI- VT staff did not edit the post you quoted. If you have any issues feel free to PM me.

Perhaps you're thinking of this thread, which has the links. There are two thread on this topic.

My link

Actually it's my daughters fault. Around Christmas of 08 we were walking through the mall and she saw a kiosk for the SE e-cig. She said "you should get one and stop smoking". I laughed and thought..like that's gonna work. But she mentioned it again and I went back a little later and checked it out. The guy there and a nice young lady both gave me the lines of how they work,,,how long they last..yada yada yada. Well after a couple of more times back checking them out I forked over my money. He was very "helpful" and threw in a car charger and carry case at no extra charge, (like I hadn't already paid for them with the price they were asking).

Well I played around with it off and one for almost a year. Still smoking and vaping when the mood struck me. If he hadn't been nice enough to keep giving me free carts I never would have continued. Those damn things were expensive!! Well let's try to cut this short. Started looking into e-cigs on the web....found hundreds cheaper than what I paid. Found these two crazy guys trying to pull a device apart with their car. They ran over it and it still worked. Hmmm....so I went looking around and found another forum. Started talking to some of them and got some good info. Meet up with one of them on my way out of town and bought a 901kit from him. Now I was hooked!. Then I got an 801 and even better vapor. Well one thing led to another and I found Vapor Talk. And the rest as they say is history. I've been analog free almost 1 year....found great people who helped me along (jeffb, Mark, Ofortuna, and a lot of others from the original short bus). Don't think I could have done it without VT and these members. And that's that!!!!!