Diy Recipes

kitsune

Yes, an additional Thank you to ddave . But You posted it again Brian and finally got me to try it.

Nana, Its not one of my strongest flavors, but it really has a very nice mellow blend to it. I've noticed as it sits for a bit the flavor is even better.

Yes, an additional Thank you to ddave .  But You posted it again Brian and finally got me to try it.

Nana, Its not one of my strongest flavors, but it really has a very nice mellow blend to it.  I've noticed as it sits for a bit the flavor is even better.

What tobacco flavor did you use?  I find that with some I don't taste the cotton candy at all, but with others I get a strong cotton candy taste.  I like how the different tobacco's change the flavor so much.  

I used flavourart USA tobacco flavor. I have since added a bit more peanut butter flavoring. I added only 3 drops of the tobacco flavoring--really glad I didn't add anymore. I forget how strong the tobaccos are. Can't really taste the cotton candy, but it does add some sweetness to the mix.

This does seem to be one of those mixes that benefits from steeping--The flavor keeps changing. I really like it.

I got some Ethyl Maltol in my last order to add some sweetness to some of my mixes, One Stop DIY Shop suggested dilution: Dissolve 1/4 teaspoon of Ethyl Maltol crystals in 10ml of PGA (Pure Grain Alcohol). I'm not wild about using PGA in fear of tasting it. My question(s) are, will I taste the PGA or is there a better method on dissolving these crystals?

I used flavourart USA tobacco flavor. I have since added a bit more peanut butter flavoring. I added only 3 drops of the tobacco flavoring--really glad I didn't add anymore. I forget how strong the tobaccos are. Can't really taste the cotton candy, but it does add some sweetness to the mix.

This does seem to be one of those mixes that benefits from steeping--The flavor keeps changing. I really like it.

I agree about the flavor. I think the flavor got better every day. Haven't had any for quite awhile now. I need to make some, but don't have any tobacco flavors right now.

I got some Ethyl Maltol in my last order to add some sweetness to some of my mixes, One Stop DIY Shop suggested dilution:  Dissolve 1/4 teaspoon of Ethyl Maltol crystals in 10ml of PGA (Pure Grain Alcohol). I'm not wild about using PGA in fear of tasting it. My question(s) are, will I taste the PGA or is there a better method on dissolving these crystals?

I heard that cotton candy is Ethyl Maltol, so that's what I use instead.  Never tried using the crystals - didn't want to fool with that.  I think some vendors do sell the Ethyl Maltol already dissolved.  If I recall correctly, I have some PA Tobacco Alc., and I could definitely taste the "alc".

OHHHHH I need a bigger vape budget!! All these flavors, all these vendors, ALL THESE RECIPES!!!!! However, did just recieve my 10 pack VT juices! Sampling away! So far, LOVING Mentha, Dulcis is a close second, Grape Soda is nice along with Midnight and Sweet Dawn (for the lighter side of things). The VT tobacco is very strong to me on the tobacco flavor!!

Here's my main ?? for the night!

I've got some 48MG nic juice,no flavor and the 16 mg VT Tobacco. The rmmate need a higher nic level and a less potent Tobacco flavor. So.... if I were to remix the Tobacco and unflavored Nic Juice...any suggestions on ratios to to reach a nic level of about 24mg?

Yea, I know.. usually we're trying to cut the nic level....I always come up with the "Doozys".

Thanks in advance because I just KNOW that one of you all have the answer I need.

Save $, Vape More!

Edited by bahamasboy

This is my current absolute favorite:

Apple Pie

3ml Cappuccino 18 mg (wordup)

2ml 36mg unflavored

4ml apple pie flavoring (FlavourArt)

1ml Vanilla (FlavourArt)

4 drops Menthol (FlavourArt)

1ml Marshmallow (Lorann_

5 drops expresso (FlavourArt)

Thank you kitsune. I tried this one an all I can say is Yuuuuuuummmmmmmy. Although I made mine in 0 nic.

Have been playing all week with flavors lol. came up with some coffee ones I like. let me know what you think. You might have to tweek them a bit to your own liking. As my taste buds are not so good. (I use a 1ml syringe)

Caramel Macchiato (30% flavoring)

3mls

PG or VG (no nicotine) 42 drops (50/50 mix)

10 drops coffee

5 drops Bavarian crème (LorAnn flavor)

4 drops caramel (LorAnn flavor)

4 drops marshmallow (LorAnn flavor)

Caramel Pecan Coffee (30% flavoring)

3mls

10 drops coffee

5 drops Pralines and cream (LorAnn flavor)

4 drops caramel (LorAnn flavor)

4 drops marshmallow (LorAnn flavor)

Chocolate Coffee #2 (30% flavoring)

3mls

7 drops chocolate (LorAnn flavor)

3 drops Bavarian crème (LorAnn flavor)

10 drops coffee (national flavors)

3 drop caramel (LorAnn flavor)

3 drops butterscotch (LorAnn flavor)

Vanilla coffee (30% flavoring)

3mls 12 ml/mg

PG or VG (no nicotine) 20 drops

32 drops cream 24mg bass (rocky mountain vapor)

9 drops DK-TAB (rocky mountain vapor)

8 drops vanilla (wiltons clear)

5 drops butter rum (lorAnn flavor)

10 drops coffee (national flavors)

Caramel Apple (30% flavoring)

3mls

PG or VG (no nicotine) 42 drops (50/50mix)

12 drops apple (LorAnn flavor)

8 drops caramel (LorAnn flavor)

Coconut cream (30% flavoring)

3mls

5 drops coconut (McCormick’s)

20 drops Bavarian crème (LorAnn flavor)

Dreamy sunset (30% flavoring)

3mls

5 drops caramel (LorAnn flavor)

5 drops butterscotch (LorAnn flavor)

5 drops coffee

3 drops vanilla (wiltons clear)

Fruit smoothie (30% flavoring)

3mls

42 drops PG or VG (no nicotine)

8 drops banana (McCormick’s)

5 drops strawberry (LorAnn flavor)

4 drops orange (McCormick’s)

8 drops Bavarian cream (LorAnn flavor)

Mimosa (30% flavoring)

3mls

12 drops Champaign (LorAnn flavor)

6 drops orange (McCormick’s)

Orange Julia (30% flavoring)

3mls

8 drops vanilla (wiltons clear)

5 drops orange cream (LorAnn flavor)

2 drops orange (McCormick’s)

8 drops Bavarian crème (LorAnn flavor)

Twizzle (30% flavoring)

3mls

8 drops strawberry (LorAnn flavor)

10 drops Red Licorice (LorAnn flavor)

Have been playing all week with flavors lol. came up with some coffee ones I like. let me know what you think. You might have to tweek them a bit to your own liking. As my taste buds are not so good. (I use a 1ml syringe)

Caramel Macchiato (30% flavoring)

Caramel Pecan Coffee (30% flavoring)

Chocolate Coffee #2 (30% flavoring)

Vanilla coffee  (30% flavoring)

Oh Boy!  I smell coffee!!!  :)  I've been using coffee and bavarian cream and it's good.  I used it with TPA Caramel Capp and yum... similar to the caramel macc you did.  I will try some of these.  Thanks!

Here's a coffee I really like:

66.7% Bavarian Cream (PA)

29.2% Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (PA)

4.2% Caramel Capp (PA)

The PA Caramel Capp is VERY strong. I made a batch once just using 2.5% flavoring and it was to strong.

Here's the mix I used for the above:

5ml 48mg PG

2ml VG

2ml Bavarian Cream

0.875ml Vanilla Bean Ice Cream

0.125ml Caramel Capp (about 5 drops from a small pipette)

• 4 weeks later...

Typically I have posted the following recipe as an introductory on other forums,

so I suppose it's appropriate that I continue with that tradition here at The Vaper Talk Forum.

This was the first place recipe from the DIY Flavorshack/Vapersplace DIY Contest last year-

Lava Flow

10ml @ 0mg - recipe based on 33 drops/ml

PG – 4.24ml – 42.42% – 140drops

VG – 3.03ml – 30.30% – 60 drops

PGA – .49ml – 4.85% – 16 drops (or distilled water if pure grain alcohol is not desired – better throat hit & flavor w/PGA)

Coconut Flavor – .42ml – 4.24% – 14 drops

Rum Flavor – .42ml – 4.24% – 14 drops

Banana – .42ml – 4.24% – 14 drops

Pineapple – .30ml – 3.03% – 10 drops

Strawberry – .5ml – 5.45% – 18 drops

Ethyl Maltol – .09ml – 3 drops – Mixed @ 30:1 ratio w/ PG

Cinnamon Redhots - .09ml - 3 drops (optional)

Notes:

Even though the original recipe used all flavorings from DIY Flavorshack, you can also use flavorings from TPA. The recipe is complex enough to use either vendor, or mix/match, and still produce a very vapable ejuice.

Since this is a zero nic recipe, adjust according to your desired nic levels.

For Sweetener I typically use pure agave nectar mixed in a 30:1 ratio with PG. For this recipe I would use .09ml or 3 drops.

If you need to substitute an alternate sweetener, such as stevia, probably 2 drops instead of 3 if mixed down to a 30:1 ratio.

Some folks like a 'Hot' Lava Flow version. Use 2-3 times more Cinnamon Redhots Flavoring, and reduce the amount of PG to compensate.

Because of it's complexity, this one will improve the more it ripens, and will usually take on a deeper color as it ages.

This one is for Brian who posted a question about making a tangerine flavored ejuice, using TPA tangerine oil that he had ordered in this thread-

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/forum/topic/9294-bolo-tangerine/

Tangerine - 3ml test batch

Using a small clean 5-6ml juice bottle add:

.10 ml of PGA into the bottom.

.10 ml of the tangerine oil.

(This is about six drops from the mini-pipettes used for essential oils- accuracy is essential here)

Mix/shake the oil & PGA until it is well blended.

Add 3ml of your prepared base, in the nic level you prefer

Add sweetener(s) if desired.

(Typically I would use 1 drop of 1:30 Ethyl Maltol/PG solution & 1 drop of 1:30 agave nectar/PG solution for 3ml)

Mix/shake well until blended evenly.

Test Vape.

If more sweetener is needed add 1 more drop of the agave nectar solution

If more flavor is needed at 1 more drop of the tangerine oil.

If the flavor is too strong for your taste, add more of the prepared base, in .5ml increments.

Once you have the flavor adjusted to your liking, sit back, relax, and enjoy!

And save your notes so that next time you can calculate how much to use for a larger batch! :thumbsup:

Kudos to Guineahill over at ECF who posted the original recipe this one is based on! :clap:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-liquid-recipes/72591-luscious-tangerine.html#post1098449

Never heard of agave nectar solution.. what is it?

Agave nectar is a natural sweetener. All about Agave Nectar

You should be able to find it in your grocery store. If it is not with the other sweeteners, ie sugar and splenda, then look for it with the honey and syrup.

Edited by BirdDog

I see some mixing in my future. The Lava Flow sounds really, really yummy !!!

I have thought about trying some agave nector--I guessing in very small quantities it should not crystalize on the atty......

I will probably stick to ethyl maltol, cotton candy or marshmallow. so far i have had very good luck with these as sweeteners.

• 1 month later...

So, I'm just starting out here but I wanted people new to mixing to know that you can do some pretty fun stuff just with the juices you have that you might not be too crazy about. I typically don't taste most pre-made juices except for Vapor Renew's double and triple shots, but I got some Loranns flavorings from Jolly, and...

I had some 100% VG Pina Colada. The thing about VG is that you REALLY can't taste flavors if you have dead taste buds, SO I added about 3 drops of Pineapple, 3 drops of Pear, and 3 drops of Marshmallow (for sweetness) and shook it all up in a 6 ml bottle that was about 3/4 full of the Pina Colada. Yum yum yum.

I also added some Strawberry and some Cheesecake to something else - honetly can't remember what but I couldn't taste it anyway. And BOY was THAT good. The other thing about 100% VG is WOW clouds of vapor. That makes it very fun for me.

Preparing my order for droppers, mixing bottles, PG/VG base - a girl could go broke ordering all these fabulous flavors.

So, I'm just starting out here but I wanted people new to mixing to know that you can do some pretty fun stuff just with the juices you have that you might not be too crazy about. I typically don't taste most pre-made juices except for Vapor Renew's double and triple shots, but I got some Loranns flavorings from Jolly, and...

I had some 100% VG Pina Colada. The thing about VG is that you REALLY can't taste flavors if you have dead taste buds, SO I added about 3 drops of Pineapple, 3 drops of Pear, and 3 drops of Marshmallow (for sweetness) and shook it all up in a 6 ml bottle that was about 3/4 full of the Pina Colada. Yum yum yum.

I also added some Strawberry and some Cheesecake to something else - honetly can't remember what but I couldn't taste it anyway. And BOY was THAT good. The other thing about 100% VG is WOW clouds of vapor. That makes it very fun for me.

Preparing my order for droppers, mixing bottles, PG/VG base - a girl could go broke ordering all these fabulous flavors.

I'm so happy for you!! :jump: Finally being able to taste something is great. I know.

• 4 years later...

This is one of my favorite recipes that I vape daily. It started as a candy apply recipe and I added tobacco, menthol and mts. I love this stuff and it has an awesome flavor.

Caramel Apple RY4 : http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/102689/Caramel+Apple+RY4

3% Caramel (TPA)  
 1% Double Chocolate (Clear) (TPA)  
 1.5% EM (TPA)  
 7% Green Apple (TPA)  
 2% Koolada 10% (TPA)  
 1% Menthol 25% (DIY)  
 1% MTS Vape Wizard (FA)  
 6%  RY4 Double (TPA)  

Flavor total: 22.5%
Remember to rate it at: http://e-liquid-recipes.com/r/N3L