Diy Recipes

kitsune

Tks Kit...

( in my best Vinney Barbarino accent....I'm sooo confused)thumbsup.gif

Snub, I'm there with ya! I had bought some WEAK grape at a local smoke shop, and today finally found Lorann at a local store. Only bought a couple basics (apart from the ones that I'm waiting to arrive via snail mail) just because I refused to wait! Since the grape was soo weak, I figured that I could overpower it with Cherry. I've got about 15 ML left of the grape (at this point I'm not worried about diluting the Nic MG). So far I've added about 1 ml of the cherry and am not getting much cherry flavor, believe me I'll keep adding until I get the taste I want.. but I feel your confused pain. :wacko: The mix certainly smells like cherry!

I like Kit's idea of a couple drops of PG or VG and a couple drops of flavor to check it out.. that should help with determining ratios of flavor to other ingredients.

I'm going to have my rmmate vape the cherry and see if he can tell me what he "tastes"- maybe my toungue is just fried!

I have found that there are certain flavors I can't taste very well and cherry is one of them. I found I can add it to a combination, but by itself, I just dont taste it well. If you really want a strong fruit flavor Lorann raspberry or watermelon--I have found both of those at our local craft store. I really, really like the watermelon.

which brand of flavoring are you using???

I have found that there are certain flavors I can't taste very well and cherry is one of them. I found I can add it to a combination, but by itself, I just dont taste it well. If you really want a strong fruit flavor Lorann raspberry or watermelon--I have found both of those at our local craft store. I really, really like the watermelon.

which brand of flavoring are you using???

Thanks Kitsune,

I'm using Lorann. By the time I got to the point that I could taste it, my mix was very thin! Added VG to thicken it back up, and of course the taste diminished again. :( Experimenting with Lorann Apple right now. Started at 20% flavor, not quite enough... upped it to 25% less the 3 drops I used to driptaste...almost there... getting ready to shoot for 30%. I thought I read somewhere that you (Kitsune) like your flavors strong at about 30%, how do you keep the juice thick enough?

Most flavorings are either PG or VG base, so I wouldn't think thickness would be an issue. I mostly use FlavorArt and PA and have never had an issue with it. However, I do make all my juice 20% VG, so maybe that's why I've never had an issue. Early on, I was using 40-45% flavoring, but have backed down to 30-35% now.

Most flavorings are either PG or VG base, so I wouldn't think thickness would be an issue.  I mostly use FlavorArt and PA and have never had an issue with it.  However, I do make all my juice 20% VG, so maybe that's why I've never had an issue.  Early on, I was using 40-45% flavoring, but have backed down to 30-35% now.

It could be that the first two bottles of juice I bought from a local store were really really thick and my brain was thinking that is "correct". I did notice that the VT Macchiato was MUCH thinner than those two. I used a 48 mg, 77/25 pg/vg nic and cut it with vg down to 12mg nic. Once I added the flavors is where I noticed less vape and thinness. After I got my taste where it was okay, I added about 10 more drops of 100%vg to thicken and add more vape.

Thanks for all the comments and continued help

Happy Thanksgiving ALL!!

OK....YUMMMMMMMMMMMMM !!!!

:thumbsup: Just mixed my first batch of English Toffee!!! OMG, I may have found my all day vape! I know, I may have said that before but DAMN!!!! Started with a 6 ml batch, according to Todd Mullers recipe calculator....added another 10 drops of flavor, 4 drops of vanilla and thickened a bit with 100% VG! HEAVEN!!!! Immediately upped the recipe and created 20ML- had to top that with VG too to get a good vape exhale but it didn't really diminish the flavor! I like mine strong so it took 1 1/2 drams of Lorann English Toffee but WELL WORTH IT!!

I have to say, I'm getting hooked on mixing!!

Yeah!!!!

Sorry, was working and then spent the day cooking and eating. Looks like Brian got you hooked up and you have the hang of things.

Honestly some of my mixes are thin and some are thicker. I have been using VG as a base whenever I can, That way the finished product is not so thin. but really I haven't noticed a difference when vaping between the Thinner and Thicker liquids. I just love flavor !!!

Very Glad you have found your mixing groove and a flavor you love to boot !!thumbsup.gif

Mixing really is great once you find the right balance--Its why I love mixing !!!

Here's the flavoring mix I use as my all day vape most of the time:

50% PA Peanut Butter

40% PA Bittersweet Chocolate

10% PA Cotton Candy

Use this to mix to whatever MG and flavor % you like (I use about 30% flavor and 20% VG). After making a 10ml bottle of 24mg, I add 3-4 drops of tobacco. The different tobaccos bring out different flavors in the mix. Some of my favorites are:

FA Latakia

FA Max/Boro

TW 555

TW Tobacco Americano

TW M/Borough

I am just waiting on my Peanut butter--hopefully it will be here today !!!! Will the perfect Flavor for my after thanksgiving flavor !!! I hate waiting.......

Ok couldn't figure out multi quote so this is cut copy paste- bahamas way

QUOTE FROM ABOVE:

Here's the flavoring mix I use as my all day vape most of the time:

50% PA Peanut Butter

40% PA Bittersweet Chocolate

10% PA Cotton Candy

On the recipe above, do you mean all in the same mix? If so, those = 100% How much pg/vg are you using! orrrrrr.... Should I assume that you're mixing the above as your 40% flavoring INTO your nic juice if you're creating a mix with 40% flavoring? GOD I hope I made that clear, and not just semi-clear to my mind..... This sounds really good!

Two more ??'s and I'll cease.....ok maybe only for this post.....

1) Still a newby so what is PA (I know it's a "brand" but which one?

2) Is there a calculator like Todd's for multi flavors?

As always Ya'll are the best! It's because of you and all your help that I'm buying an Ego today for the rmmate....got to replace his analogs!

Vape ON!!!!

I like to show the flavor mix by itself because we all have different VG%'s and nic levels we use (ddavelarsen's idea). I would take the flavor mix above, and then use about 30% of it in my juice. In my last batch, I mixed up 30ml of the flavoring only so that i have plenty ready. Makes it easier when I need juice.

Or, like this (for 24mg):

5 ml 48mg nic

2ml VG

1.5ml Peanutbutter

1.2ml Bitter Sweet Chocolate (works good with regular choc also)

0.3ml Cotton Candy

PA or TPA = The Perfumer's Apprentice :)

TPA

Edited by Brian

Just an after-thought... a lot of people use English Toffee for tobacco flavors. I hear English Toffee, some Cotton Candy and some tobacco is pretty good. I've tried it a little, and like it okay, but the smell of the English Toffee is very strong to me. I filled a carto and the smell was with me all the time, even though I switched back to an atty.

Thanks Brian,

I'll try the cotton candy with the toffee soon. I, on the other hand, LOVE the smell of the toffee. Also downloaded Daves calculator. I'll have to set up a recipe tab for each of my concoctions while I'm creating so that I can keep tabs on what I do.

Great stuff!

Happy Black Friday!

Thanks Brian,

I'll try the cotton candy with the toffee soon.  I, on the other hand, LOVE the smell of the toffee.  Also downloaded Daves calculator.  I'll have to set up a recipe tab for each of my concoctions while I'm creating so that I can keep tabs on what I do.

Great stuff!

Happy Black Friday!

That's what I did with mine.  Also added a tab to list all my flavors and added drop down lists to the calculator.  Works good.

Just got some flavors from Dawn at DIY!!! Have not mixed any yet but plan too later today! I am going ZERO nic and will be mixing with VG. I got Blackberry, Caramel, and Bubble Gum. She also sent me a bottle of zero nic Menthol Lama (Camel) juice and Chocolate Cherry Juice as freebies!! The Cocolate Cherry smells and tastes just like those cherry cordials that appear everywhere during the holidays! There will be no fancy mixes here with the three flavors I bought. Just don't think these three will mix well together! LOL But I will post the recipes after I mix them and the turn out well! :D

See, I will have to kindly disagree with you... because the thinner the better for ME and my CARTOS. :thumbsup:

That raises a ??? for me Dayvape. Does thinner give you a better vapor output on cartos? I just dont seem to get anywhere near the exhale on cartos that I get on carts or drip. I know it will be reduces some but it pretty dramatically reduced.

Thanks for the word of caution nox!

dayvape the vg i use aint really that thick at all..... i just have to go a little slower filling my cartos to let it soak in but boy do they last!! :D and they produce vapor that makes me wave at it to be able to see the tv! LOL All just personal preference i guess.