Diy Recipes

kitsune

That raises a ??? for me Dayvape. Does thinner give you a better vapor output on cartos? I just dont seem to get anywhere near the exhale on cartos that I get on carts or drip. I know it will be reduces some but it pretty dramatically reduced.

u using LR cartos on 3.7? I use them on my eGo and reg. resistance on my tekk and they both produce like crazy

OK. BAAADDDD recipe tried...and looking for a good one to replace it.

Tried Lorann Rootbeer according to Todd's calculator. Only put in about 3/4 of the recommended flavor because the Root beer from Lorann seems REALLY STRONG! Well,, it was.. I tried to dilute with straight VG but couldn't get that BURNT flavor outta my mouth and atty. Boiled it for 10 minutes, blew it out with an air compressor, then dry burned the atty... I CAN STILL TASTE IT!

Does anyone have a good Rootbeer recipe?

Also,

Made a pretty good "Mounds" out of Lorann Chocolate and Coconut. I did a 50/50 of the flavors to start, then put those in at 40% flavors with Todd's calculator. It's not that bad, however..... if you start to burn it (dry atty), you'll acutally get a burn coconut taste as well. I tried adding about 5% Wilton Vanilla, but didn't make much difference.

I'm going to up the chocolate so that I'm at about 75% chocolate and 25% Coconut. If that works, I'm gonna try adding some Creme de Menth to see if I can get a hint of mint out of it. I'll keep you posted..

but seriously.....ROOTBEER recipe wanted !!! LOL

I had that same experience with premixed rootbeer eliquid. Haven't tried to make any myself. Loranns is more concentrated than some of the other flaovrs so you may want to back off on the %. When I started mixing I was using 40+ % and found that I'm actually getting better flavor now that I've backed off. I usually go 30-35% now with PA flavors, which are said to be not as concentrated as Loranns. I think 15-20% is the norm for Loranns, so you may want to try 30% or so and see how that works out.

I have not had any luck with Root Beer Lorann's!! Always tastes burnt no matter what I do to it!! If you look at a few of the recommended flavoring lists, root beer is not recommended due to the coloring and the sugar content (which may be giving it a burnt flavor).

Except for a few Lorann's, we have gone away from them and gone to the Perfumer's Apprentice!! I have not had a bad batch yet (unless you count flavors I did not realize do not taste good to vape or my mad scientist "gone bad" ideas!!)

Mixing is a trial and error process with a lot of error in the beginning!! Keep at it and you will have success in no time!!

Remember that 3 mL bottles are your friend and don't be afraid to just mix PG or VG with flavoring with no nic to get your mixing down!! And keep your mixing costs to a minimum in the beginning!

My Albertsons sells "Simply Organic" brand extracts, so I bought a bottle of Almond flavor. It's great as an additive to coffee juices, or I've made a batch of just almond vape with it. They also have vanilla and other flavors of the "Simply Organic" extracts. They are not as sweet as the lorrans flavorings, and they make a tasty vape even without any sweeteners.

http://www.simplyorganicfoods.com/prodlist.php?ct=sobakingflavors&i=p

Haven't had much luck with root beer either. Always tastes funny.

Is it just me or is Perfumers Apprentice a little weaker than the flavors at DiyFlavorshack? Just seem to get stronger mixes from Diy.smoke.gif

Haven't had much luck with root beer either. Always tastes funny.

Is it just me or is Perfumers Apprentice a little weaker than the flavors at DiyFlavorshack? Just seem to get stronger mixes from Diy.smoke.gif

It's not just you. I don't know about the flavors from DIYFlavorshack because I haven't tried them, but I can't taste the flavors from Perfumers Apprentice at all. I ordered a whole bunch and couldn't taste any of them, except one which tasted awful. I don't remember which one. I'm not knocking PA flavorings at all. I know a few people who really like them and that's great. I've never been able to taste pre-made juices at all either. I just have to have strong flavorings in order to taste them. I've tried flavorings from a few places and Lorann's seems to be the only ones I can taste at all.

Sorry to hear that Nana!! I am exactly the opposite!! I think Lorann's are not too potent!! Weird how everyone's taste buds are so different!! :icecream:

Well I got a recipe for everyone and you can use your fave flavors from any vendor to make!!

Caramel Surprise (or Noxious Nom Nom!!)

10ml batch

0.5ml of each: caramel, bavarian cream, toffee and vanilla (amp them up if you need too to taste, but do not add more bavarian creme!!)

8mL of base of chose

This one also works well when coffee is substituted for vanilla!!

I am not the craziest about sweet flavors but this a good one to cure a sweet tooth!! Enjoy!!

Edited by Ofortuna

Well Thank GOD it's just not me! I was begining to think my taste buds were trying to simulate the taste of analogs which I imagine taste like sh#T after vaping. I'm not about to try one to find out though. I have found that as a cart (yes I'm using them until I can order LR cartos), gets about 3/4 empty, that I'm tasting much more straight VG- that non descript mouth coating feeling/taste. I guess I'm just learning when it's time for me to refresh :)

Nana, that recipe sounds great! I'll have to do some shopping at try it!

I did try lorann's grape, can't seem to get it strong enough to really taste it, but, the rmmate came in and said "What is that smell?" I thought he was talking about the BURNT smell from the Rootbeer, but when that wasn't it, I said Grape? YEP, that was it! Apparently my buds were shot last night. I'm going to drip some of the "test" concoction and see if I can taste it tonight.

Looking forward to more recipies from you all.

Save $, Vape More!

Bahamasboy

Sounds like another good mix to try out.

I want to thank you all for all the great mixes you have been posting. I've been copying them and starting my own little recipe file for juices. Only problem is that I have to buy more flavorings for some of these because I never thought of getting some of these flavors. Well that's the way it goes with Diy I guess.....tks!unworthy.gif

Brian, how did your flight go? Any probs with security? Did you get the scan or the pat? Did you ask to see your picture or enjoy the free groping? LOL

LOL! No problems at all. No scan or pat down. One benefit of a small town airport. I'm sure it will be different coming home though.

Here's the flavoring mix I use as my all day vape most of the time:

50% PA Peanut Butter

40% PA Bittersweet Chocolate

10% PA Cotton Candy

Brian I tried this with a little twist:

50% PA Peanut Butter

40% PA Chocolate

10% PA Malted Milk

(what I had on hand) and it taste just like a Reese's Peanut butter cup at 24mg/ml 80/20 pg/vg.

I have found the inner mad scientist in me :thumbsup: Gotta love DIY'ing!

Sorry to hear that Nana!! I am exactly the opposite!! I think Lorann's are not too potent!! Weird how everyone's taste buds are so different!! :icecream:

Well I got a recipe for everyone and you can use your fave flavors from any vendor to make!!

Caramel Surprise (or Noxious Nom Nom!!)

10ml batch

0.5ml of each: caramel, bavarian cream, toffee and vanilla (amp them up if you need too to taste, but do not add more bavarian creme!!)

8mL of base of chose

This one also works well when coffee is substituted for vanilla!!

I am not the craziest about sweet flavors but this a good one to cure a sweet tooth!! Enjoy!!

That is weird. I know we all like different tastes, but since I've had such a terrible time tasting any flavorings at all over the last year and the only one I've really been able to taste is Lorann's and you don't think it's that "potent"...amazing. But that's why we have to be careful and let new vapers know how individual tastes are.

:D:D HEY NEW PEOPLE.....INDIVIDUAL TASTES ARE DIFFERENT!

Start by TRYING the recommendations, but sample others as well....you may find a flavoring brand or specific flavor you like better than what was recommended...

How was that Nana? How'd I do? Huh? Huh!? Huh??? did I do okay???? Hmmmm????

:thumbsup:

Yes, I was born to be a clown :D

I have been getting really consistent flavors from them (ie pear flavoring tastes like pears)so i am happy with them!! There are a few who have tried them and say they are not as potent so that is a matter of taste. But for the price, they are worth a try!! I have had really good luck with a hand full of Lorann's so I have no bad words for them at all!! I (emphasis on the "I") prefer TPA at this point in time!! :)

So O, you are content with mainly PA flavorings now... correct? I'm planning to order some new stuff and I wouldn't mind trying something other than the Loranns that I've used. I've not felt like I've had the best experience with it either.

DV...I've tried PA flavorings and they are pretty good, just not quite as strong as I would like. I've found that the flavors at DIYFlavorshack to be a little stronger in flavor and aroma.

If you haven't tried them yet you might want to give it a shot. Plus she always sends extra goodies with your order.thumbsup.gif

Agreed Snubber!! I have had really good luck with DIYflavorshack flavors! What I would call the basics (vanilla, toffee, caramel, coffee) are excellent!! And because they are PG or VG based, they don't bog down a juice at all!!

:D:D HEY NEW PEOPLE.....INDIVIDUAL TASTES ARE DIFFERENT!

Start by TRYING the recommendations, but sample others as well....you may find a flavoring brand or specific flavor you like better than what was recommended...

How was that Nana? How'd I do? Huh? Huh!? Huh??? did I do okay???? Hmmmm????

:thumbsup:

Yes, I was born to be a clown :D

You did good!!! :thumbsup:

Here's the flavoring mix I use as my all day vape most of the time:

50% PA Peanut Butter

40% PA Bittersweet Chocolate

10% PA Cotton Candy

Use this to mix to whatever MG and flavor % you like (I use about 30% flavor and 20% VG). After making a 10ml bottle of 24mg, I add 3-4 drops of tobacco. The different tobaccos bring out different flavors in the mix. Some of my favorites are:

FA Latakia

FA Max/Boro

TW 555

TW Tobacco Americano

TW M/Borough

Finally got some peanut butter flavoring !!!

Brian--Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. Really loving this recipe. tasting rather nice at 5V !!!thumbsup.gif

Did have to add a couple drops of Menthol......