"the Buzz" - Final Review Update

Burn

As I mentioned in my initial review, I wanted to post a follow up to my "after 5 hours" review. The initial review contains all the properties of the mod and description. You can find that information here:

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/topic/6059-the-buzz-first-impression/

This post is strictly supplemental to that review after 2 weeks of constant use

Appearance:

After 2 weeks of use, I did come to appreciate the size. The length is about the same as the Silver Bullet but the width is quite a bit smaller. It feels very good in the hand and is surprisingly comfortable in both the chest pocket of a suit or the front pocket of pants/slacks.

The end caps are made of brass and do dull as brass often does, this isn't a big deal to me but I would have enjoyed nickel plated more. I think it would have looked better.

The button was the real pleasant surprise. After using big honkin' buttons for all my devices it was a unusual to see this tiny button on the device. I was a bit apprehensive at first; Would it hold up? will I be comfortable with it? etc. While it is a mechanical switch and will eventually go off in a pocket, the diminutive button face seems to reduce this eventuality. A master on/off control would be a very nice addition.

Performance:

The best compliment I can give is that nothing has changed since my first review. The performance is the same every minute of every day. When the batteries die, they just stop working, there is not any degradation of voltage. I found my ideal voltage (4.35V) the third day I had it and never touched it again until 15 minutes ago preparing for this summary. The voltage was still at 4.35V.

This does use smaller mah batteries (I am using 880s) so I had to become accustomed to keeping an extra set with me as I am a heavy vapor. This ultimately was not a big issue for me but is an adjustment if you are keen on 2400mah batteries.

The final item that I noticed is that I am quite OCD when it comes to atties being clean, liquid taste is probably the most important element of vaping for me. Perhaps HV users can confirm their experiences but I have noticed that my atties now have far less buildup on them at the end of the day. I suspect that when battery voltage decreases the atomizer is less efficient at burning off the liquid. I can't explain that scientifically but I haven't cleaned an atomizer in 2 weeks, other than blowing about .5ML of PG through them every night and then storing them upside down. The flavor has been as depenable as the performance.

Summary:

While thinking about this final review, I realized that the Buzz reminds me of when I bought one of the original iPods, the fist gen white ones with the Liquid Crystal display. It took something I was familiar with (MP3 files) and enhanced the presentation of them. The original ipod wasn't as good looking as it could have been and there were plenty of features that could be added but the base idea was solid and demonstrated the future of a product line. To me, the Buzz is similar in that regard. I am not suggesting that one day, the designer of the device will be standing in an arena, with a black turtleneck and jeans spewing off details about the new 3G Buzz, exclusively available at At&T stores, but hey, ya never know. :rolleyes2:

Wrapping up, the designer has indicated that a 510 native model was in the works and should be available sometime soon (Before Duke Nukem 2 or The Mazzerati e-cig). I recommend this to anyone who wants a high voltage device AS WELL as a standard voltage device. If you desire consistent performance or want flexibility, this is the technology for you. The Buzz is a fine device, just like my old original issue ipod, there will be plenty of knockoffs and upgrades to the original but quite simply, it does what it is supposed to do and I certainly recommend this model to those who ask.

O.k. Thats it for me, I am going back to reading reviews. I hope you found this helpful.

--Burn

Edited by Burn

Nice review Burn, I noticed the same thing about attys staying cleaner longer. On my other PVs I had to clean out attys once a week because of diminished vapor but on my Buzz I just now had to clean one and that's after 3 weeks use.

You said you wished it had longer lasting batteries, well the next version of the Buzz is going to use 18350 1200mAh batteries. For me the current 16340 batteries are fine because I only have to swap them out once a day.

Thiis has made up my mind. When the 510 style is avaliable Ill be right on it. Thank You. :unworthy:

Yeah, me too!

@Burn: You sold me with that outstanding review! Thanks!

again great review burn and i couldnt agree more the buzz is just an awesome pv that does everything, since i have got mine i have kinda fell outta the forum's and researching and buyin everything because there is just no need to seqarch for the perfect vape anymore i have finally found it after thousand's of dollar's wasted on crap.

holly sht am i a fanboy now?

again great review burn and i couldnt agree more the buzz is just an awesome pv that does everything, since i have got mine i have kinda fell outta the forum's and researching and buyin everything because there is just no need to seqarch for the perfect vape anymore i have finally found it after thousand's of dollar's wasted on crap.

Oh so true... :thumbsup:

@ Brian - I have fell in love with the Buzz at around 4.6 - 4.7

Works great with everything for me.

Edited by DAYVAPE

Sounds awesome, I'm kind of scoping around, trying to get a PV locked in sight for a goal to save up for. This one sounds pretty good! I do have a question though, how do you know what volt you're at? Please don't tell me you have to use a screwdriver to adjust a screw then use a multimeter to check volts, and repeat the process until ya get what volts ya want to try? Is there like a volt marking on the unit that ya simply turn the screw to?

Sounds awesome, I'm kind of scoping around, trying to get a PV locked in sight for a goal to save up for. This one sounds pretty good! I do have a question though, how do you know what volt you're at? Please don't tell me you have to use a screwdriver to adjust a screw then use a multimeter to check volts, and repeat the process until ya get what volts ya want to try? Is there like a volt marking on the unit that ya simply turn the screw to?

sorry but that is exactly how you do it. It really isnt a hassle at all. Once you get the hang of it, you will know what you are setting it to because a full rotation will = a certain amount of change.

Yes, that is how you do it today, not as pretty as I am sure it will be someday but not nearly a hassle. For me, once I found the spot I liked, I never had to touch it again.

HAHAA I am glad you found a PV that was good for you, I know it was a bit of a journey for you.

I wouldn't say I (we) am a fanboi for the Buzz but I am certainly convinced that regulated voltage is superior to a straight battery current. I am excited to see how the makers of these devices begin to expand on what the Buzz started. I like the Buzz well enough but I think the best has yet to come with regulated voltage. In fact, I believe in 6 months, if not sooner, mod makers (and many e-cig makers) will not even bother with straight battery current devices as they wont sell. I know I will never buy another device that isn't regulated.

sorry but that is exactly how you do it. It really isnt a hassle at all. Once you get the hang of it, you will know what you are setting it to because a full rotation will = a certain amount of change.

Yes, that is how you do it today, not as pretty as I am sure it will be someday but not nearly a hassle. For me, once I found the spot I liked, I never had to touch it again.

Same here... and if I do it's just a bit up or down. I don't need the meter for that.

I used to be scared of this one.. too complicated for me. But after reading a bit more about it, I'm intrigued. This one is definitely going at the top of my Christmas list. Nice review btw!!

That's funny... that's EXACTLY where I'm at! Perfect.

It's interesting how small increments make a big difference. I went up to 4.75 and I started experiencing throat burn. Went back down to 4.7 and it was perfect. Right now I'm using Tasty Vapor Atomic Cinnacide and I might end up changing the voltage when I change to a different flavor.

It's interesting how small increments make a big difference. I went up to 4.75 and I started experiencing throat burn. Went back down to 4.7 and it was perfect. Right now I'm using Tasty Vapor Atomic Cinnacide and I might end up changing the voltage when I change to a different flavor.

It's like a whole new world of vaping isn't it? Everyone should be offering variable voltage! Love it.... :thumbsup:

Edited by DAYVAPE

Another thing I noticed that I really like, and has been mentioned, is that it has a drip resevoir and the lights are on the correct side when using my thumb. Just another thing I noticed and appreciate... I'm happy that plenty of thought went into the Buzz. It just seems so much more durable than other pv's I've got for some reason. :thumbsup:

Edited by DAYVAPE

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines