How Much Juice Do You Go Through In A Month?

I'm wondering about how much it's going to cost using an e-cig and refilling my own carts. I only smoke 1/2 a pack of analogs a day (and I roll those myself), but when I got my first e-cig (a Blu-don't waste your money), I vaped a LOT and was wondering how much this would cost me in the long run. From the sound of it I might spend more vaping than smoking, but it IS healthier without all the tar, ash, chemicals, etc. Then i heard you have to replace attys every month or so and bats every two. I am ordering a Tornado soon, am pretty sure I'm gonna stick with it cause my gf hates the smell of smoke and is asthmatic. Sorry about the long post. If some1 else asked this question you can just delete this or move it there. Thanks.

I use about 15ml of juice a week and I consider myself a pretty heavy vaper. I smoked about 1 1/2 packs a day. Atty life it not very consistent... you may get one that lasts a week, and then you may get one that will last a few months. I did very well with attys at first. It wasn't until I went up to 5/6 volts that I started blowing through attys.

I think you'll find that the Tornado will be much more satisfying than the Blu, so you may not vape it as much to satisfy you nic craving. Given that, you attys and batteries will last longer.

Edited by Brian

I have so lost count of how much I actually use--I usually rotate through 3 or 4 flavors. I am guessing 30-40 mls/ month. I smoked about 1 1/2 pack/day.

you may slow down a bit as things become a little more routine (or not)--it's still worth it.

I go through 20 to 30ml of juice a week, but I can't seem to put it down anymore. When I started, I vaped about 7ml a week. I smoked about 1 1/2 packs a day, so you might not use that much juice. However, you might.

As far as batteries go, I've had my eGo/tornado batteries for going on 5 months now and they are still working well. They aren't holding a charge quite as long as they did at first, but I'm impressed with the life of them. I don't know if that's average or if I'm just very lucky. I do however have 2 eGo batteries and 2 tornado batteries, so I am using them less often.

I've had attys that lasted two months and attys that lasted only two weeks.

I look at it this way, if batteries last two months and you pay $20. for a tornado battery, that's $10. per month. And of course they could last much longer, but we'll use this as an example. Let's say you go through 10ml of juice per week and it costs $6., then it would be $24. for a month. Then let's say you went through 2 attys per month at a cost of $7 each for a total of $14. That would all add up to $48. per month. Around the cost of one carton of cigarettes...depending on where you live. That's not bad at all. And if you're attys last longer and your batteries last longer...the price comes down accordingly.

I've gone through several different units and I've stocked up on juice, attys, and batteries. Although I spent more in the beginning by buying so many different units, I finally caught up and am now saving a whole lot more than I was spending on cigarettes. If I'd started with the units I have now, I'd have been saving a whole lot sooner. I think you'll find that it will be a whole lot cheaper in the long run, too.

Good luck.

edited because I can't seem to add any more

Edited by nana

Well if Brian considers himself a heavy vaper, I think I need an intervention. :hrhr: I smoked 2 packs a day for 30+ years and haven't had 1 since oct. 09. I go through anywhere from 4 to 7 ml a day, so I'm guessing I'd go through about 180ml of 24mg juice per month (dang that sounds like alot). Now you have to remember that higher voltage or low res attys will go through more juice than your normal 510 atty so keep that in mind. So, to make a long story short (too late) Not including the mods I buy just for fun, I could probably get away with spending $150 per month vaping as opposed to $400 per month smoking. That does not include the savings I have from being healthier and able to breathe (priceless). If you have any other questions, please fell free to ask and I'll try not to be so long winded. If you check the status updates you can see when we are in chat (normally) if you have a question that needs a quick answer. :thumbsup:

By rolling my own cigarettes and smoking 10 a day, give or take 2 or 3, i spend around $15 a month. A small bag of tobacco costs me $8.97+tax, tubes $2.70+tax and last me almost a full month. Still, the week i actually had my Blu i noticed that i wasn't quite as out of breath as normal, i also seemed to have developed near super-human smell and taste, but that may have just been the vapor lol.

Well if Brian considers himself a heavy vaper, I think I need an intervention. :hrhr: I smoked 2 packs a day for 30+ years and haven't had 1 since oct. 09. I go through anywhere from 4 to 7 ml a day, so I'm guessing I'd go through about 180ml of 24mg juice per month (dang that sounds like alot). Now you have to remember that higher voltage or low res attys will go through more juice than your normal 510 atty so keep that in mind. So, to make a long story short (too late) Not including the mods I buy just for fun, I could probably get away with spending $150 per month vaping as opposed to $400 per month smoking. That does not include the savings I have from being healthier and able to breathe (priceless). If you have any other questions, please fell free to ask and I'll try not to be so long winded. If you check the status updates you can see when we are in chat (normally) if you have a question that needs a quick answer. :thumbsup:

No Mark, you don't need an intervention. Brian just doesn't know what a heavy vaper is. We'll just let him go on believing he's a heavy vaper though...wouldn't want to hurt his feelings. But ssssssshhhhhhhhh...don't tell him.

:whistle:

That's good. I've heard you can save more money by DIY. . .but I don't know if I would ever be comfortable enough to do that without fear that i will mess everything up.

The DIY route is the way to go if you really want to save money on juice. Purchasing a bulk quantity of high nicotine content base and then cutting it down to the appropriate strength is by far the cheapest way to get your e-juice. But you do need to take proper precautions when handling the high strength base. Gloves and proper measuring equipment are a must. I'd suggest spending some time trying some premade juices first to get an idea of what you like and don't like, then start investing in a good DIY setup.

I just got 30 ml of VT COLA over the weekend and used a 10ml bottle from saturday afternoon to sunday evening. :|

:lol:

sounds like me when I first got the Dulcis. I vaped 5cc of liquid overnight... it was 16ml nic content so... 80ml of nic in my system overnight... :|

I was a pack a day guy when I switched.....I started out at 24mg and settled down at about 5ml a week.....after a while I went to 12mg and my usage went up.....now I am at 6mg and occasionally 0mg.....at present I am around 10ml a week

• 2 weeks later...

So. . .have had my Tornado since Wed. and its Sunday. Already it's outlasted my Blu in terms of vapor consistency, battery life (of course!), and overall reliability. I love this thing! Thanks to everyone on this forum for recommending this great VP! I'm looking into buying a PT so i can vape at home and not use my batteries too much... I am kinda worried about the atty's blowing from the fact that the only good looking PT's i can find are the 5v ones. Do they really blow attys out faster? I found out my problem with vaping to, it's the fact that it is not even the nic craving that makes me vape. It's the pure pleasure of it. I'm thinking of buying some e-juice from Tasty Vapor and using their 4 ounce doubler to make 8-10mg e-juice in amounts of 150 ml. That way i can vape all i want and not worry about too much nic!

Forgot to add, the 150 ml will only cost like $30 dollars + S&H. So that's pretty sweet.

Edited by PsychoMaster

i also seemed to have developed near super-human smell and taste, but that may have just been the vapor lol.

LOL NOPE Thats just ONE of the GREAT benefits of getting all that cigarette crap out of your system!!! :thumbsup: And it just gets better from there!!

I havent had any trouble with passthroughs and attys--have 2 5v PT's and a couple 510 passthroughs. I mostly use 510 attys and a 901 atty on my PV-PT.

The trick is to not let the attys stay hot--I have found giving them time to cool down prolongs their life. When I am vaping alot, I run two my ego and the PT and alternate.

Doubling really does make things go further. Vaping is far superior to smoking--tastes oh so much better !!!

So. . .have had my Tornado since Wed. and its Sunday. Already it's outlasted my Blu in terms of vapor consistency, battery life (of course!), and overall reliability. I love this thing! Thanks to everyone on this forum for recommending this great VP! I'm looking into buying a PT so i can vape at home and not use my batteries too much... I am kinda worried about the atty's blowing from the fact that the only good looking PT's i can find are the 5v ones. Do they really blow attys out faster? I found out my problem with vaping to, it's the fact that it is not even the nic craving that makes me vape. It's the pure pleasure of it. I'm thinking of buying some e-juice from Tasty Vapor and using their 4 ounce doubler to make 8-10mg e-juice in amounts of 150 ml. That way i can vape all i want and not worry about too much nic!

Forgot to add, the 150 ml will only cost like $30 dollars + S&H. So that's pretty sweet.

I've done that just about the whole time I've been vaping. I was getting 12mg nic juice and using the doubler to cut that down to 6 or 3, then I realized I'd save even more by buying higher nic juice and cutting it down. This last time I got the 48mg nic juice. It will last for a few long time. Of course you have to get more of the doubler, but it still works out better in the long run.

Ok. . . this may sound pretty bad, but it has been one week since i got my Tornado. And I've gone through a little over 15ml of 18mg nic N/Port Menthol. In seven (7) days. I can't afford that at TW's prices. So i ordered from tastyvapor.com and hope the juice tastes at least okay. At the same time though, $35 (with S&H) for 150ml of juice isn't a bad deal :D. I think i can afford it at that price! Still, maybe i will just vape when i need nicotine and not for fun and flavor.

Then again it equals out to around 60-65ml (15(or a bit over)x 4= 60-65) of e-juice a month. So maybe it isn't that bad!

Edited by PsychoMaster

One note on battery life. With any rechargeable battery at all, whether it's your laptop, electric razor, cell phone, rechargeable power tool, or yes, your e-cig, you are better off running the battery down as low as possible before recharging it. Recharging a battery that is already nearly fully charged will actually reduce the duration it is able to hold a charge. Some of the E-Cig batteries will actually tell you via a flashing LED when they need to be recharged. In this case, you should definitely wait until it tells you it needs a recharge.

Im about 30-40MG a month VS. 2 1/2 packs a day of Analogs. The other cost people are not posting here is all the crap I picked up every time I went to the store to get cigs. I wonder just how much Im really saving by not buying that pop or bag of chips on every trip!!!!!