Just For Grins

ddavelarsen

This jar contains all my end-of-the-day pocket change for about the last five and a half years. You wouldn't believe how tempting it's been to get into it at times but I'm tough! and have managed to keep it intact until it filled up to the top. Aside from the bills and a few pennies I found, it's all silver coins. When I cash it in, we're planning to build in some bookcases with it, something we've been talking about for years.

So I thought I'd see how good we are at guessing how much is in there. Here's the contest. Closest guess to the total amount of money in the jar wins the bit of liquid shown below. In the event you think you might make multiple guesses, your first guess is the one that counts, so make it a good one. :D I'll get a receipt from the bank and post it below at the end of the contest. Note that there were 10 $1 bills and 15 pennies in the jar that I've taken out, so the final amount will be the bank's receipt plus $10.15.

Here's a list of the juice:

V4L Menthol Nobacco -- 5 ml, 24mg

Puresmoker Marlboro -- 30 ml, 36mg

My Freedom Smokes RY4 -- 6 ml, 48mg

My Freedom Smokes Orange Cream -- 10 ml, 48mg

Vapor Talk Midnight -- 10 ml, 24mg

The contest ends at 7:00 am next Sunday, May 16th. Jeff will vet my decision on who won. Thanks for looking, good luck and have fun!

Here's the jar o' change. 4 liters is just over a gallon; this bad boy weighs something like 60 lbs!

JarSm.jpg

And here's the juice looking for a new home. They're either unopened or just a few drops out of each one.

JuiceSm.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry guys, I just realized I promised to list the liquids here and failed to do that. Now I'm at work and don't have the list. I'll get it filled in this evening though, honest.

FTJ, all the guesses will be visible as people throw them out there. It's interesting; having turned in coffee cans full of change a few times in the past I have a general idea what to expect is in this jug. Which makes watching the guesses kind of fun! Jeanie and I both made guesses, which I've written down at home. We have a 'gentleman's bet' between us on this too. We're going to end up with dinner one way or the other. :)

Jeff, thanks a million for your help getting this going. I'd have just thrown my hands in the air without your perseverance. thumbsup.gif

Sorry guys, I just realized I promised to list the liquids here and failed to do that. Now I'm at work and don't have the list. I'll get it filled in this evening though, honest.

I'm confused, isn't this the list and you supplied a picture as well?

My guess is $1300, just because I wanted to guess. I don't want the prize (well, it's not that I don't want it, someone else deserves it more than me), so that can go to the next closest person : )

I'm confused, isn't this the list and you supplied a picture as well?

Yeah, I'm the one who's confused. Surprised? :D