Electronic Cigarette Sales Banned In New York

Christopher

EDIT - I just received this information from Kristin over at CASAA.org.

Hi,

They are not banned in New York yet. It still has to pass in the Senate and get signed into law. Currently, the Senate bill is in committee review. We are currently running email, letter and phone campaigns to the members to stop the senate from passing it as it is currently written. It would be great if the VaporTalk members would join us!

A press release will be coming from CASAA soon.

Sincerely,

Kristin Noll Marsh

CASAA.org

Please visit http://vaperscoalition.org/

About halfway down is a link for emailing the Senators in New York. Be sure to click the Senate link and not the Assembly link! This will open an email form in your email system, automatically filled with the Senator's email addresses and a form letter. Please tell people to be sure to sign it.

We recommend that New York residents use the form letter, but write by snail mail, fax or call, because email is often ignored! Adding a story about your e-cig success is a nice touch.

Also, the New York Senate has an "Open Legislation" website where you can comment on Bills in progress.

The page for S7234 (the one that will result in a de facto ban in NY State) is here: http://open.nysenate.gov/legislation/bill/S7234

Kristin Noll Marsh

CASAA.org

Well it looks like New York is done. Electronic cigarette sales are now banned in New York. Here is the video

EDIT: Here is a link to the bill: Click Here

CALL LOCAL REP and SENATOR

If you are an NY resident call your local representative for bill A9529 and call your Senator for bill S7234, if you do not know this information please click the following links

REPRESENTATIVES click here

SENATORS click here

The members listed below are sponsoring these bills. EVERONE SHOULD CALL THESE OFFICES TO PROTECT OUR RIGHTS!

JK_Headshot_2009mp.jpg

Jeffery D. Klien (Senator)

(800) 718-2039

(718) 822-2049

067.jpg

Linda B. Rosenthal (Assembly Member)

(212) 873-6368

GOVERNOR OFFICE

518-474-8390

WOW 125-0 vote. I'm just going to bite my tongue and use smilies to express my emotions...

:angry::veryangry::censored::2guns::nuke:

125-0? Are you kidding me?

This is either an act of irresponsible, blindedly placed decision making or our US govt officials are much to good at the art of rhetoric... not. This just blows my mind, blows it all over the wall behind me. Unbelieveable.

Edited by SickDripzz

Why do they insist on saying that there is anti-freeze in it when anti-freeze is ethylene glycol not propylene glycol. It's just a bunch of misinformation and lies.

I'm glad I bought my VP-PT and VP1 when I did. What are our suppliers in NY going to do now. I don't want to see good suppliers fade away. I'm pissed!!!

it is a sad day .. a sence of abandonment has casted its shadow over me. money , im just a dollar sign. no real testing has been done to prove those accusations.. just a junkie and his needle, thank you congress i feel the love...

OMG! Passed with lies!

Not surprised that it passed in NY though - they are leading the way on banning everything.

The more stupid laws politicians today pass, the less anyone respects those laws.

They can't even control illegals weapons, illegal drugs or illegal immigrants. How in the hell do they think that they are going to enforce & control this?

All that these politicians really have to use against you is fear. Because most vapers are law-abiding citizens, they want to scare you into submission to their corporatist agenda. They don't want to use force lest they look like the jackbooted fascists that they are. Ignore them & save your life -- don't go back to State-sponsored tobacco!

Besides, this is a ban against the sale of e-cigs, not a ban against the USE of ecigs. Vape in their face!

This is the age of DEFIANCE!

When you go to vote next time do it like the show "Survivor".... vote people out, not in.

Edit- I forgot to mention that I really feel horrible for you guys, sorry you guys have to put up with this crap. Its a speed bump not a closed road. Happy vaping.

Edited by brian1g

All the more reason why we need more formal Government accepted testing done to show what is in eCigs.

They voted on hearsay and not the facts and inflating what the FDA found in the small shipment seized. Restricting the sale of them to minors would have been enough. :thumbsdown:

I cannot say that I am the least bit surprised...the cesspool of governmental tyranny known as New York has or is in the process of banning anything they can't make serious tax dollars off of. The state is rapidly heading toward insolvency. A pack of cigarettes is about $10 in Manhattan, there is a ban on trans-fats and a table salt ban is in the works. Joyfully- the good people of NY also have the ability to ignore these types of legislation since they have voted in these clods and supported the accompanying bureaucracy that comes with it; they can be as anonymous as they please since it will take eons to find them.

My dearest wish is that the good folks of New York state finally stand up to these bullies and vote them out, demand better of their public servants.

In the meantime NJ, CT, PA, MA and VT are a short trip away, we welcome your patronage and your money.

/caffeine fueled rant

although the ban went into effect

does this really change anything i think the fact that there are plenty of vaprorers in new york there will still be plenty of sales might be more person to person but Evin if it was over the internet there would be no one tracking every order from e cig websites i believe the coalition is in a fight right now

there point of views are very flawed

but ignorance is bliss

take me for example hahahahahahahaha

When you go to vote next time do it like the show "Survivor".... vote people out, not in.

Edit- I forgot to mention that I really feel horrible for you guys, sorry you guys have to put up with this crap. Its a speed bump not a closed road. Happy vaping.

Actually, I am in California, not NY. I feel bad for them, too. But I thought this issue through when California was under fire with something similar last year. We are back in the hot seat this year, but it looks like they are only targeting sales to minors at the moment.

We can't just say "sorry you guys have to put up with this crap" just because you don't live in NY. Some really good suppiers are in NY, and supplying us in other states. What effects them effects all of us.

We can't just say "sorry you guys have to put up with this crap" just because you don't live in NY. Some really good suppiers are in NY, and supplying us in other states. What effects them effects all of us.

Does anyone know what suppliers are (or should I say were) selling out of NY?

Yes I know that, Im not going to get flamed for saying "sorry" though. It does effect us all but it effects NY more than the rest of us.

I see this as a fight for all of us, its just a matter of time before other states follow. I was simply saying it directly the people who will see immediate changes. NY people are the ones on the front lines right now, vendors and vapers alike.

so what the **** does this mean for us in NY? I live in NY.

Im pissed.

Will I get a summons (misdemeanor) charge for having an e-cig, similar to possession of a small amount of marijuana?

Will distributors no longer sell to NY?

Will NY based distributors close down?

GUESS WHAT NY SENATE, YOUR NOT GOING TO STOP ME FROM VAPING. I WILL GET MY E-CIG SUPPLIES, AND I WILL VAPE. SHOVE THIS BILL UP YOUR ***. I am so pissed off right now I can't even express it or this reply will be deleted.

Good luck my fellow new yorkers.

AND PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE KEEP ON VAPING. **** THEM.

Guys I just got this in from Kristin at CASAA.org

Hi,

They are not banned in New York yet. It still has to pass in the Senate and get signed into law. Currently, the Senate bill is in committee review. We are currently running email, letter and phone campaigns to the members to stop the senate from passing it as it is currently written. It would be great if the VaporTalk members would join us!

A press release will be coming from CASAA soon.

Sincerely,

Kristin Noll Marsh

CASAA.org

If there is a time to start a fight, now would be the time to do it guys! Get cranking on those emails and phone calls! Load up your atomizers and go!

you know the organization NORML?

National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws.

In a year from now, there will be NORECL.

National Organization for the Reform of Electronic Cigarette Laws.

I am so angry I just can't even. i cant. I wish I was at the senate in albany today. I would have yelled out, HEY ASSHOLES, IM STILL GOING TO USE AN E-CIG SO **** YOU U ******* *****. I hate america. this country is so ****** i cant even go there right now. wow i need a vape, right now.

PLEASE KEEP ON VAPING NEW YORKERS!

I am so close to going to my local police precinct and vaping in the lobby you have no idea how close im about to walk over there right now.

Good Job NY Senate, you just killed about 100,000 more people of lung cancer! WOOHOO! YOU GUYS ROCK! JOB WELL DONE!!

All you people living in other states, your not as mad as me. Why? because your not effected. well guess what, you will be effected. give it time. pretty soon you'll all be as fuming as I am. you'll see.

Once again,

PLEASE KEEP ON VAPING IN NEW YORK!

Yes I know that, Im not going to get flamed for saying "sorry" though. It does effect us all but it effects NY more than the rest of us.

I see this as a fight for all of us, its just a matter of time before other states follow. I was simply saying it directly the people who will see immediate changes. NY people are the ones on the front lines right now, vendors and vapers alike.

My apologies for making you feel flamed, it was surely not my intention. I was just trying to point out to anyone reading through the posts that we are all in this together. I live in Washington state, and I'm going to send an email to NY voicing my outrage.