Too harsh

Could be the blueberry.  I know TPA strawberry ripe has quite a bite to it.  Started mixing it with some CAP strawberry to get it under control.  

50 minutes ago, Walt said:

Could be the blueberry.  I know TPA strawberry ripe has quite a bite to it.  Started mixing it with some CAP strawberry to get it under control.  

Interesting. My guess would be to decrease the blueberry candy (seems it would be more acidic than the other blueberry to me), and take that amount and increase the malted milk and the vanilla ice cream to smooth it out more. What do you think?

1 hour ago, Tam said:

Interesting. My guess would be to decrease the blueberry candy (seems it would be more acidic than the other blueberry to me), and take that amount and increase the malted milk and the vanilla ice cream to smooth it out more. What do you think?

That very well could be per the blueberry candy.  Definitely wouldn't hurt to increase the milk and ice cream as long as the desired profile is still acceptable.  @mattythornton I would go with the blueberry candy first.  Tam has been at this far longer than I.  She is my mentor.  Process of elimination.  

20 minutes ago, Walt said:

Tam has been at this far longer than I.  She is my mentor.  Process of elimination.  

Tam has never gotten into mixing juice from scratch, although I have lots of experience in mixing premixed juices to make it more tasty for me. This is the premise (and the common sense) that I'm coming from. @Walt is sweet, but he gives me more credit than I deserve.  :)

Between blueberry extra - which I take to mean that the flavor has been enhanced to bring about a stronger blueberry flavor - and the candy, any blueberry candy I've ever tasted has been more of an artificial flavor that has quite a bit of citric acid added. That's why I suggested eliminating the candy first.    :relaxed: 

Keep in mind that any cream flavors like the malted milk, vanilla ice cream and the pancake batter will need some time to make the creaminess come through. In my experience with cream based flavors, if I left it alone in a cool, dark place, usually a week or more would bring about a more rich, smooth flavor profile.

@Tam and @Walt are correct...  Increasing the volume of creamy flavors (Vanilla, Malted Milk, Cream, Ice Cream, etc.) will reduce the "bite" of the fruit flavors.  Like Walt, I've found that certain brands of fruit flavors are much harsher than others, and some of the "candy" flavors are very citrus-acidic and artificial tasting (just like Tam said).  I also prefer Capella and TFA (The Flavor Apprentice) fruit flavors over others.... CAP are some of the best IMO...

I would also suggest lowering the candy flavor (or eliminating it all together) and play with the ratio of Blueberry and malted-milk/ice-cream flavorings until you find the right balance.  Mix in 5ml - 10ml batches until you find the ratio you like best... then you can make gallons if it if you wish :)