Help with Kangertech Subox Mini TC mode?

Ok, I really need help with this as I only have the nickel coils right now and I have been smoking instead lately because I can't get tc mode to work. I hit the button three times so I know its on the right mode. For the coil it says .222 and then Ni by the degrees celsius listed. So I think everything is set up right? (I have the NI200 coils) But when I turn the celsius up above 200 the battery just flashes and nothing happens. Then if I turn it down to 100 something I am getting a very cold hit with VERY little vapor, almost like nothing at all. Is this thing defective? Am I doing something wrong? I am including a picture of a drawing of the exact screen on my cape because I can't seem to get a legible real picture of it. Thanks for any info, I'm desperate here, lol. 1b0cd009904a47eec50b6ecc85c6c258.jpg

Sent from my LG-V520 using The Vapor Talk mobile app

I currently use 5 Kanger TC mods, and while in TC the watts can't be set. I don't use Ni with my mods I use SS316 coils so what I tell you might not apply to you. What is happening is the battery is low, it has enough power to fire a low temp, but not enough power left in the battery to run a higher temp. Charge the battery and try again.

What exact battery are you using? (brand, amp rating, mah capacity)

You said the battery icon was flashing. 

Is the battery icon solid?  Or " hollow"?

I'm assuming you already tried swapping out the coil for another one?  And your sure the coil matches your tank?  I've had ohm resistance fluctuate before but it seems a little high for a kanger Ni coil.  What is the resistance rating written on the coil?

Also, how old is the battery?  How long have you been using it?

Everything Ive seen on this problem points to a defective coil or not properly seated coil, or ,  an underrated or weak battery.

The battery is not making good contact. Try removing the battery, clean both ends of the battery, and clean the contacts in the mod. this has happened to me a couple of times, and its a easy fix.

Also if you have dropped your mod the end of the battery may have been damaged, I have seen this happen too.

Edited by FXRich

On 12/1/2016 at 10:36 AM, FXRich said:

The battery is not making good contact. Try removing the battery, clean both ends of the battery, and clean the contacts in the mod. this has happened to me a couple of times, and its a easy fix.

Also if you have dropped your mod the end of the battery may have been damaged, I have seen this happen too.

I don't own a Subox Mini so I don't have any personal experience with them.  That doesn't stop me from trying to find a possible solution to a problem, though.

I have been scouring the net and have come across multiple posts on other forums that describe the same issue as described by the OP, so it doesn't appear to be an unique situation.  Nobody seems to have a definite solution, though.  However, in addition to the possible battery contact issue described by @FXRich there is one other thing that I thought of.  Check the 510 pin on the mod.  It may be stuck in a slightly down position to where it isn't making good contact with the tank.  If you happen to be using a Toptank mini those apparently also have a spring loaded 510 connector.  (I can't confirm this, as I also don't own a Toptank Mini.  I'm only passing on what I saw in the video.)  Check to make sure the 510 connector on the tank base it isn't stuck in the depressed position.

29 minutes ago, Adversarious1 said:

I don't own a Subox Mini so I don't have any personal experience with them.  That doesn't stop me from trying to find a possible solution to a problem, though.

I have been scouring the net and have come across multiple posts on other forums that describe the same issue as described by the OP, so it doesn't appear to be an unique situation.  Nobody seems to have a definite solution, though.  However, in addition to the possible battery contact issue described by @FXRich there is one other thing that I thought of.  Check the 510 pin on the mod.  It may be stuck in a slightly down position to where it isn't making good contact with the tank.  If you happen to be using a Toptank mini those apparently also have a spring loaded 510 connector.  (I can't confirm this, as I also don't own a Toptank Mini.  I'm only passing on what I saw in the video.)  Check to make sure the 510 connector on the tank base it isn't stuck in the depressed position.

Adversarious has a good point about the pin on the top tank mini, The pin is not spring loaded, whenever I change coils I push up on the pin in the base so the coil makes good contact when screwed in (I use one of my little blue screwdrivers). I also clean the pin with a Q-tip to remove any juice on it. The spring in the 75w Kbox 510 pin isn't very strong and tends to stick. Coils vary in length slightly, and it doesn't take much to make a bad connection. In the old days the coil pin directly contacted the 510 pin, now many tanks have another pin between them, the more contacts there are the better the chance of a bad connection.

I use the Toptank mini with a 0.15 ohm Ni200 Kanger coil. The coil actually reads at 0.21 or .22 ohms (always in that area) in my TC mod. I hit this in TC mode at 470F (245C). The wattage does little in TC mode except bring you up to the temperature more rapidly. I use 38w of power in TC with Ni200 coils and in VW with .5 ohm SSOCC coils. Vape juices vary and a bit of fiddling is required to find the exact right temperature in TC or  wattage in VW mode. That's with a 20A 18650 battery. The shouldn't matter a great deal if you have a fully adjustable mod as long as you're over say 15A.