What tanks do you suggest for me

Patricia

I have tried all kinds of tanks big and small but I keep coming back to Protanks 2 and 3 and the Aerotank 2. All of the big tanks with the big coils burn my lips if I cut them up high enough to satisfy the amount of heat and vapor I want in my lungs. All of my Protanks and Aerotanks are wearing out and I need to get more tanks. I got a job and start to work Monday 😊 so soon I will be able to afford to buy some. Tam, if you are reading I know you said you made a change from the Protanks and Aerotanks and if I'm not mistaken they were your favorite for a long time but found tanks that you liked better. I've seen they have Protank 4's now but before I buy I would like to see what you guys and gals think the best tanks are for me because when its time to get fresh tanks I usually get 4 so I can have a decent rotation and that's a lot of money to spend to be unhappy with what you bought. I have done that several times and they are just sitting in a drawer. I could have a garage sale of nothing but vaping stuff. I have not kept up with what is new and improved tanks and I know most of yall try the new tanks when they come out. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

I have 2 Cubis tanks that I love. 👍 No leaks, Sub ohm (.5 or .6) or 1.0 ohm coils. I use them on my Evic VT mini and my Sigelei mini 30W. I've not tried the Cubis Pro.

Just don't fall for the RBA head for the Cubis. It's so tiny that's it's nearly impossible to rebuild. 😡 So I don't!

10 hours ago, Patricia said:

Thank you Edna and Tam. What type of batteries or mods do those tanks fit Tam and do you think they are comparable to the Protanks and Aerotanks just better? Where do you get the tanks and coils?

If you liked the Protanks and Aerotanks, I'll assume you will also like the Protank 4 or the Subtank Mini.  Like Tam, I do like the Triton2, but I like the Subtank mini a bit more because they have more coil options!  And, they have a top-fill version (like the Triton1 and 2), which is called the TopTank Mini.  The Protank 4 is also a top-fill tank.  I like a 1.2 Ohm coil, so while I like the Triton2 design and size, if I want a 1.2 Ohm coil, I have to build one on the RBA deck :(  Also, the Kanger coils are usually a bit cheaper and last well beyond 30ml of juice before they need changing.  Occasionally, I'll get a coil to last through 60ml of a lighter, no-so-sweet, juice :D

The Triton2 and Subtank mini variants work better, in my opinion, on a VW battery-device, so you can fine-tune the power for the best vape according to your juice, but you can use them on a static-voltage battery (like an eGo) just fine.  These tanks are larger than your KPT2's and Aerotanks (18mm)... The Tritons and Subtanks are 22 or 23mm, but also hold 3.5-5.0ml of juice, rather than 2.5ml.

What @Earthling789 said above. Also, any tank that has a 510 connection should work fine with all the variable mods out there these days. Every tank mentioned in this post will work with just about every type of battery/mod out there with just a few exceptions but I doubt that the exceptions would be anything you'd buy.  :) 

On 9/10/2016 at 9:20 AM, Patricia said:

I have tried all kinds of tanks big and small but I keep coming back to Protanks 2 and 3 and the Aerotank 2. All of the big tanks with the big coils burn my lips if I cut them up high enough to satisfy the amount of heat and vapor I want in my lungs. All of my Protanks and Aerotanks are wearing out and I need to get more tanks. I got a job and start to work Monday 1f60a.png so soon I will be able to afford to buy some. Tam, if you are reading I know you said you made a change from the Protanks and Aerotanks and if I'm not mistaken they were your favorite for a long time but found tanks that you liked better. I've seen they have Protank 4's now but before I buy I would like to see what you guys and gals think the best tanks are for me because when its time to get fresh tanks I usually get 4 so I can have a decent rotation and that's a lot of money to spend to be unhappy with what you bought. I have done that several times and they are just sitting in a drawer. I could have a garage sale of nothing but vaping stuff. I have not kept up with what is new and improved tanks and I know most of yall try the new tanks when they come out. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried using the tanks in wattage mode rather than temperature control mode, and using a delrin tip?  That's what I ended up having to do with my Crown 2 on my new Cool Fire 4 TC mod (too bad I wasted the extra $10 on TC when I'm running in wattage). I should say I run about 33 watts.  I would also recommend the Aspire Nautilus.  You have to run a lower wattage, but generally, it will get you up in flavor just the same, without the need for a delrin tip to prevent burning (I ran one flavor at 20 watts - the max for my old mod, and my all day vape at 14.3 watts - they are usually good at between 9 and 15 watts).

Edited by spydre

On 9/10/2016 at 9:50 AM, Tam said:

I'm a big fan of the Aspire Triton 2 with 1.8 ohm coils. I can up the wattage without getting hot vapor (which I really don't like), and it gives me lots of vapor and flavor. They have a little learning curve, but I now have ten sitting around with three in rotation.  1f605.png

Tam, I'm considering getting the Triton because I want a tank that I can switch to my old mod, which can't take sub-ohm, when the new mod is charging.  Sweet-Vapes has a Triton 2 Clapton - is that the one that you are talking about that will take the 1.8 kanthal coils?  (So far, I don't use temp control, it's too hot for me, so going to kanthal wouldn't be a problem for me.)

5 hours ago, spydre said:

Tam, I'm considering getting the Triton because I want a tank that I can switch to my old mod, which can't take sub-ohm, when the new mod is charging.  Sweet-Vapes has a Triton 2 Clapton - is that the one that you are talking about that will take the 1.8 kanthal coils?  (So far, I don't use temp control, it's too hot for me, so going to kanthal wouldn't be a problem for me.)

The Triton 2 Clapton is just a Triton 2 with Clapton coils (that come with it).  I think they are 0.5 Ohm.  You'll want to get a Triton 2, which comes with 1.8 Ohm coils and ignore the Claptons if you aren't interested in sub-ohm... OR... buy that one and pick up a couple boxes of the 1.8 Ohm coils.  The 1.8 Ohm are quite good and produce great flavor and vapor, even with 50/50 juices.

Also, don't let the Subtank mini fool you with the name... I use 1.2 Ohm coils all day long (and love their flavor/vapor), and they also have 1.5 Ohm coils as well, so you don't have to sub-ohm with that tank either. :)  For the price of a Triton 2 tank, you can pick up a 50W Subtank mini kit from several sites (Sweet-vapes had them around $28 last time I bought one), so you can get the tank, RBA deck, and a 50W single-18650 mod all in the same box.  Some of the kits also include spare drip tip and spare glass and/or o-rings as well.... Just a suggestion ;)

Okay, @Christopher is working to lower the price on the Aspire Triton 2 from $32.99 down to $29.99 right now. Give him a bit and he'll have the lower price showing soon.

https://www.vaportalk.com/us/product/aspire-triton-v2/

The link that's below this sentence is for the 1.8 ohm kanthal coils that I love and use everyday. If you order in denominations of 5, they come in the 5-pack boxes.

https://www.vaportalk.com/us/product/aspire-triton-coil-1pc/

7 hours ago, spydre said:

Okay, the VT store is now showing the Triton 2 for $29.99 each. Order away!  :) 

@Tam What kind of wattage are you running the 1.8 coils through?  I'm almost positive I'm going to try to get this tank.  I like my Crown 2, I really do, but the leaking is still a problem if I have the airflow open, even picking it up if I tilt it, much less try to adjust the menu tilting it.  And I picked up my iSub V that came with the mod, and had no trouble with leaking moving it every different direction even with the airflow wide open and no leaks.  Just have to convince my SO to part with the $$

@Christopher We were trying to do one stop shopping the other day, but you either don't sell the Herakles + coils (stainless), or were out of them!  Sweet-Vapes only has nickel. On the other hand, I'm glad I didn't get them now that I'm thinking of ditching the tank.

6 minutes ago, spydre said:

@Tam What kind of wattage are you running the 1.8 coils through?  I'm almost positive I'm going to try to get this tank.  I like my Crown 2, I really do, but the leaking is still a problem if I have the airflow open, even picking it up if I tilt it, much less try to adjust the menu tilting it.  And I picked up my iSub V that came with the mod, and had no trouble with leaking moving it every different direction even with the airflow wide open and no leaks.  Just have to convince my SO to part with the $$

With a brand new 1.8 ohm coil, I'm using it at around 9.7W, but once the coil starts to get older or gunked up (I use a dark, sweet juice that will gunk up coils faster), it can go as high as 10.2W, more commonly around 10W though. Even so, the coils last me a good 10 days to two weeks or more.

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 7:29 PM, Earthling789 said:

If you liked the Protanks and Aerotanks, I'll assume you will also like the Protank 4 or the Subtank Mini.  Like Tam, I do like the Triton2, but I like the Subtank mini a bit more because they have more coil options!  And, they have a top-fill version (like the Triton1 and 2), which is called the toptank Mini.  The Protank 4 is also a top-fill tank.  I like a 1.2 Ohm coil, so while I like the Triton2 design and size, if I want a 1.2 Ohm coil, I have to build one on the RBA deck :(  Also, the Kanger coils are usually a bit cheaper and last well beyond 30ml of juice before they need changing.  Occasionally, I'll get a coil to last through 60ml of a lighter, no-so-sweet, juice :D

The Triton2 and Subtank mini variants work better, in my opinion, on a VW battery-device, so you can fine-tune the power for the best vape according to your juice, but you can use them on a static-voltage battery (like an eGo) just fine.  These tanks are larger than your KPT2's and Aerotanks (18mm)... The Tritons and Subtanks are 22 or 23mm, but also hold 3.5-5.0ml of juice, rather than 2.5ml.

Good morning Earthling. That is a lot of good information. With you AND Tam suggesting the Triton 2 that sounds like a good choice. I love it that were going back to the top fill. I don't know why we ever started filling at the bottom. Just a mess. When I first started vaping about 5 years ago it seemed so simple but choosing what equipment AND juice to use has become so complicated. For instance, I love the juice Deadly Sin from Good Life vapor and has been one I have stuck with since day one. The last time I ordered online they had 2 kinds of Deadly Sin so I thought I would try the new version because new is supposed to be improved right? Well, what I learned is that the new kind must be for the big tanks and coils because my little Protanks and their little coils would let me pull and pull juice through them maybe 2 tanks at the most and then it was just too tight. I have always purchased 1.8 ohm coils just because they are in the middle and I do not know how to make an educated decision I just make an educated guess. With what I have described as the heat and amount of vapor, you know not hot enough to burn my lips but plenty of good hard hits, which ohm would you suggest I get with the Triton 2s?If I go that route. I'm toggling between them and the Protank 4s. When you say VW battery device are you speaking of the isticks? I had to quit using the batteries like the spinners because every time someone pumped the table the whole thing would fall over so when I started using the box type of batteries I loved the fact that they stayed upright and no BANG! Thanks again for the great information to you and Tam and I've got several more I have not read yet. Aint this a great bunch of people : )

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 5:09 AM, spydre said:

Have you tried using the tanks in wattage mode rather than temperature control mode, and using a delrin tip?  That's what I ended up having to do with my Crown 2 on my new Cool Fire 4 TC mod (too bad I wasted the extra $10 on TC when I'm running in wattage). I should say I run about 33 watts.  I would also recommend the Aspire Nautilus.  You have to run a lower wattage, but generally, it will get you up in flavor just the same, without the need for a delrin tip to prevent burning (I ran one flavor at 20 watts - the max for my old mod, and my all day vape at 14.3 watts - they are usually good at between 9 and 15 watts).

Hey Spydre. The wattage mode is the only one I know how to use. They must just send them to me in that mode. There is a W behind my setting number. I had ordered 3 of the Kangertech subox nano starter kits that came with the delrin tips and I leave them on their tanks but I've had no problem with them getting hot on my lips. Thank you for your suggestions.

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 8:22 PM, Tam said:

What @Earthling789 said above. Also, any tank that has a 510 connection should work fine with all the variable mods out there these days. Every tank mentioned in this post will work with just about every type of battery/mod out there with just a few exceptions but I doubt that the exceptions would be anything you'd buy.  :) 

Hey Tam. I know I am confused but my Protanks or Aerotanks do not fit in the batteries (mods?) that came in the Kangertech subox nano starter kits. Only the tanks that came with them and the Melo tanks I had in a drawer.

17 minutes ago, Patricia said:

Hey Spydre. The wattage mode is the only one I know how to use. They must just send them to me in that mode. There is a W behind my setting number. I had ordered 3 of the Kangertech Subox nano starter kits that came with the delrin tips and I leave them on their tanks but I've had no problem with them getting hot on my lips. Thank you for your suggestions.

Hey Tam. I know I am confused but my Protanks or Aerotanks do not fit in the batteries (mods?) that came in the Kangertech Subox nano starter kits. Only the tanks that came with them and the Melo tanks I had in a drawer.

That's strange. According to specs on the Subox nano, it has a 510 connection so your Protanks and Aerotanks should fit just fine like the Melo. Can you give me the link to where you bought your kit?

10 hours ago, Earthling789 said:

The Triton 2 Clapton is just a Triton 2 with Clapton coils (that come with it).  I think they are 0.5 Ohm.  You'll want to get a Triton 2, which comes with 1.8 Ohm coils and ignore the Claptons if you aren't interested in sub-ohm... OR... buy that one and pick up a couple boxes of the 1.8 Ohm coils.  The 1.8 Ohm are quite good and produce great flavor and vapor, even with 50/50 juices.

Also, don't let the Subtank mini fool you with the name... I use 1.2 Ohm coils all day long (and love their flavor/vapor), and they also have 1.5 Ohm coils as well, so you don't have to sub-ohm with that tank either. :)  For the price of a Triton 2 tank, you can pick up a 50W Subtank mini kit from several sites (Sweet-vapes had them around $28 last time I bought one), so you can get the tank, RBA deck, and a 50W single-18650 mod all in the same box.  Some of the kits also include spare Drip Tip and spare glass and/or o-rings as well.... Just a suggestion ;)

Earthling, I learned a long time ago to stop buying things that cost less just because they cost less. I have ended up with so much unwanted equipment that way. So if you REALLY think the Subtank mini is just as good as the Triton 2 then I think I will go for the kits you were talking about. What ohm should I go with the coils?

10 hours ago, Tam said:

Okay, the VT store is now showing the Triton 2 for $29.99 each. Order away!  :) 

Tam or Christopher the Triton 2s are $25.50 at Sweet Vapes. I wont be able to buy them from either place until I get paid at the end of the month but I thought you should know. Where ever they cost the least when I get paid of course is where I am going to buy them. Also, Tam do you like the Triton minis or just the full sized ones?

12 hours ago, Earthling789 said:

Also, don't let the Subtank mini fool you with the name... I use 1.2 Ohm coils all day long (and love their flavor/vapor), and they also have 1.5 Ohm coils as well, so you don't have to sub-ohm with that tank either. :)  For the price of a Triton 2 tank, you can pick up a 50W Subtank mini kit from several sites (Sweet-vapes had them around $28 last time I bought one), so you can get the tank, RBA deck, and a 50W single-18650 mod all in the same box.  Some of the kits also include spare Drip Tip and spare glass and/or o-rings as well.... Just a suggestion ;)

Hey again Earthling. I went looking for the 50W Subtank mini kit you said you saw at sweet vapes and other places but I could not find it anywhere. When I google it the Kander Subox mini  kit comes up. Is that what you were talking about? If not could you send me a link please.

I think the subbox mini is what he's talking about.  I don't think they make the subtank mini anymore - I think they replaced them with the Topbox mini - which despite the mini name, actually has a good capacity (I'm spoiled on capacity after the 6 ml nautilus - I loved my nautilus), but it only has sub ohm coils, I think.  The sub ohm coils, I believe, are the ones that end up making the the whole unit, drip tip included, hot?

Edited by spydre

3 hours ago, Patricia said:

Earthling, I learned a long time ago to stop buying things that cost less just because they cost less. I have ended up with so much unwanted equipment that way. So if you REALLY think the Subtank mini is just as good as the Triton 2 then I think I will go for the kits you were talking about. What ohm should I go with the coils?

Hey again Earthling. I went looking for the 50W Subtank" rel="external">Subtank mini kit you said you saw at sweet vapes and other places but I could not find it anywhere. When I google it the Kander Subox mini  kit comes up. Is that what you were talking about? If not could you send me a link please.

Yes, the kits are the Subbox mini kit (sorry for the confusion) found HERE... for $29.95, so they've gone up a buck or two since I bought my last one.  They are really good kits for the price, and the reason they've gone down in cost is because of the higher power 75W, 100W, etc. kits that are out now, as well as the top-fill versions (Toptank mini and Topbox kits).  I have them in all colors, and two of the white ones.  The toptank kits are similarly priced, and they also have them in TC version with the 75W mod for a few bucks more... but if you're only looking for a VW mod/tank combo that works... the subbox kit is the one I'd suggest.

I personally prefer the 1.2 Ohm coils... good vapor and flavor without being "hot", and most of my juices like 12-20W of power, so you don't run down a 2500mAh battery every few hours... actually, I get about a day out of one before having to swap-out.  You may like the 1.5 Ohm coils?  The 0.5 Ohm are okay, but to me, they wear out fast and are a bit too hot for my juices... I like flavor, not heat, lol

I've been using one of these kits since they came out over a year ago, and my original one is a little banged and scratched, but still works great!  I've been using the subtank minis (have 10 minis, and 2 nanos) as my daily-drivers for well over a year now, and if I didn't trust or like them, I'd not have over 200 coils for them, waiting their turn in a box :)  My ONLY issue with the 50W mod is that you cannot lock the screen/buttons... so you can accidentally up/down the Wattage if you're not paying attention.  Other than that caveat, they're a winner in my book.

2 hours ago, Patricia said:

Tam or Christopher the Triton 2s are $25.50 at Sweet Vapes. I wont be able to buy them from either place until I get paid at the end of the month but I thought you should know. Where ever they cost the least when I get paid of course is where I am going to buy them. Also, Tam do you like the Triton minis or just the full sized ones?

The Triton minis are nothing more than a 3ml top-fill Nautilus... they use the same coils as the full-size and original mini Nautilus... they just have more airflow than the original Nautilus (but not a lot more).  The full-size Triton2 is a better tank, uses better coils, and has way more airflow and capacity (5ml).  I'm not sure why they named the Triton mini after the Triton... it's a top-fill Nautilus mini (not a smaller Triton)... nothing more...

4 hours ago, Patricia said:

Hey Spydre. The wattage mode is the only one I know how to use. They must just send them to me in that mode. There is a W behind my setting number. I had ordered 3 of the Kangertech Subox nano starter kits that came with the delrin tips and I leave them on their tanks but I've had no problem with them getting hot on my lips. Thank you for your suggestions.

Hey Tam. I know I am confused but my Protanks or Aerotanks do not fit in the batteries (mods?) that came in the Kangertech Subox nano starter kits. Only the tanks that came with them and the Melo tanks I had in a drawer.

Patricia, it just dawned on me... you have subvod kits... so you've been using the younger brother to the Subtank mini already... the Subvods come with Subtank NANO tanks, which are a 1.9ml version of the Subtank Mini, and uses the SAME style SSOCC or OCC coils.  They will even work with the RBA decks that are sold separately (or come with the subtank minis), but you lose some capacity if you use the RBA.

Yes, the Protanks and Aerotanks will work on the battery that came with your Subvod kits... I have used my Aerotanks on my subvod battery several times.  Just like any eGo-style battery, the center pin may be pushed down, preventing contact?  Turn it off (5-clicks), then pry the center pin up a bit with a flat-head screwdriver or similar device.  I'm guessing the reason they're not working on your batteries is that the subtank nano and Melo tanks have a slightly longer 510 connection and have pushed the pin down on the battery :)

21 hours ago, Earthling789 said:

Triton 2 Clapton is just a Triton 2 with Clapton coils (that come with it).  I think they are 0.5 Ohm.  You'll want to get a Triton 2, which comes with 1.8 Ohm coils and ignore the Claptons if you aren't interested in sub-ohm... OR... buy that one and pick up a couple boxes of the 1.8 Ohm coils.  The 1.8 Ohm are quite good and produce great flavor and vapor, even with 50/50 juices.

After much research I think I may just stick with what I know, the Protank. I have 1 last question and then I'll leave you alone for a little while : ).

There are 3 types of coils to choose from with the new Protanks and I have no idea which one I should go with and since I have told yall about how I like hard hits with no burnt lips could you help me out with this last decision please? Should it be SSOCC Coil , PRO RBA or the Upgraded SSOCC Coils (Ceramic, Nickel, Nichrome, Kanthal Clapton)? And of which strength or ohm should I choose? Thanks yall for all of your guidance. I don't know what I would have done without yall the last 4 years.

Patricia, personally, I've never had the problem with burnt lips with a SINGLE coil unless I was sub ohm, so I would stick to above 1 resistance, kanthal (nickel can't be used in wattage mode anyway, I don't know about nichrome - which is part nickel - or ceramic, and Clapton is usually sub ohm as well, from what I've seen?

Now, with dual coils I have gotten the burnt lips much earlier.  That's the thing about the Nautilus tank that I liked, it was bottom vertical coils rather than being dual coil.  For me, it was all the power, none of the problems.

Good luck.

Edited by spydre