Kanger ProTank 4 Inquiry

I just received one of these as a door prize from the local Vape Shop's monthly give-away, and I've not opened it yet... just in case I want to re-gift it, lol...

I know this is not exactly my preference for a tank because the Pyrex is not replaceable, but my main concern is the coils....  I have a couple hundred SubTank OCC coils (square ones with horizontal 1.2 coils), and before I even consider opening the box, I'm curious if the square SubTank coils will work with it (due to the fact the PT4 is 1mm smaller in diameter)??

Anybody have a PT4 and tried the original SubTank OCC coils in it?

Oh....so you're the one who bought up all the horizontals. 😁

Sorry I can't answer your question. Seems the round verticals have a smaller profile but those horizontals are chunky...

26 minutes ago, Bebop said:

Oh....so you're the one who bought up all the horizontals. 😁

Sorry I can't answer your question. Seems the round verticals have a smaller profile but those horizontals are chunky...

LOL, yeah, I have enough horizontal coils to last me decades (if I rebuild them) :D

The "chunky" part was my concern.  My SO's SubTank Nano V2 sometimes has issues with them bumping the side-supports, but not always... and I didn't want to crack-open the sealed box only to find out my stockpile of OCC won't fit the thinner PT4 :(

I have a few boxes of SSOCC Ni200 coils which I suppose I could use exclusively in the PT4, but... I just didn't want to have to stock-up on SSOCC vertical coils, just for one tank...

The protank 4 uses cl coils, which have a different base than the OCC coils, at least that's the impression I get from looking at pics on sweetvapes.

After looking again I guess they can use the same coils, I was wrong again.

Edited by FXRich

2 hours ago, FXRich said:

The protank 4 uses cl coils, which have a different base than the OCC coils, at least that's the impression I get from looking at pics on sweetvapes.

After looking again I guess they can use the same coils, I was wrong again.

Yeah, the CL is a strange beast, but I guess it had to be built that way to be EU compliant?  It is a cup-shape design and the coil is top-loading, yet still goes to the bottom.

I have been looking hard at images, and the RBA deck for the PT4 looks huge compared to the SSOCC next to it, so that was my theory behind, "an OCC should fit"?

Somebody that owns one will come along soon, hopefully, and can tell me for sure.  I'm not desperate to open the box, as I don't need it, but it would be a good spare / backup (or a PIF gift), and it at least holds a good amount of juice (5ml).

I read a few reviews on the Protank 4, some said you can use the OCC coils, I don't think I would like the child lock fill, or the non replaceable glass. Earthling is going to have to open it and let us know for sure if the OCC coils will fit. The RBA that comes with it is a dual coil build, but the subtank mini RBA will probably fit too.

Reminds me of a couple of weeks ago, got a Kanger 160w TC mod, told myself I wasn't going to open it, and save it for the future, I lied to myself, and started using it within a day. Now I'm thinking about ordering another one to put away.

On 7/23/2016 at 1:30 AM, FXRich said:

I bet he's like a kid at Christmas, he won't resist much longer. 

Ahh, how little you all know me :)  I've never been impatient to open anything, even at Christmas, lol... 

1 hour ago, Earthling789 said:

Ahh, how little you all know me :)  I've never been impatient to open anything, even at Christmas, lol...

When I was a kid I had a hard time waiting for Christmas, but now I have lots of patience, not in a hurry, but when I get something in my vape mail that I don't have, well that's another story.

Well, I decided I have too many tanks (still have four subtank minis in sealed boxes), so, I gave the PT4 away to my future brother-in-law.  He's fairly new to vaping (about 6-months), and needed a decent back-up/spare!

I still don't know if the OCC will work with this tank, but I gave him a couple of the 1.2 Ohm Vertical coils (I prefer the horizontal coils) to try, so he can find out for me :)  He has a Subtank mini, as well, so if they don't fit the PT4, he can still use them in his subtank.

You're so very kind,earthling.more vapers need to look out for each other like that!and you gave away an unopened tank!i wish you would have been my family member when my tank crisis hit!luckily i had my nebox with one built in!my tank was offered back to me,but I wouldn't take it and leave someone with a bad one when my nebox is fine,and not leaking!kudos to you!