Help Please! Kanger Dripbox Issues

Edna

I bought a Kanger Drip box and I can't take the thing apart. I can get the chuff cap off and take the deck out but I can't get the ring off the base. It's like it's welded together. Has anyone had this problem or does anyone have an idea about how to loosen it?

Thanks so much.

To get a better grip on the two pieces use two rubber bands (I like the wide ones best), one on each part to help with the grip. Then, instead of trying to loosen it, turn as if to tighten to help break the seal and then try to loosen. That sometimes helps. Good luck!

Authentic KangerTech Dripbox E-Cigarette Starter Kit

Thanks Tam,

But I don't know where to grip the base where it screws into the mod without hurting it. I would have to grab the 510 threads. Would a rubberband protect it?

Put the rubber band just above the 510 threads onto the base of the tank. I wouldn't use pliers or anything, just your fingers so the rubber band should give you better grip.

Thank Tam the problem is the tank is flush to the bottom of the base there is no where to put the bands unless it's on the threads. I've got it soaking in olive oil to see if the oil can somehow get between and loosen it up or lube it enough to pull apart.

Thanks for the great suggestions tho.

hope this helps

Also.  I think you want it dry.  Oils will make it difficult to grip.  

You ou also don't want to get oil in between the base of the RBA and the box.  You don't want to add anything that could get in the path of the juice holes that come up from the squeeze bottle into bottom of RBA.

dry it all up.  Take off the chuff cap, the sleeve and take out the build deck.  You should see the RBA base with the o-rings.  You can use rubber bands as Tam suggests.  Sometimes I use post it notes as they can give me a better grip. Just wrap the sticky side of the post it note around the base.  Dry is better. You get a better grip. 

Hi Bebop,

I watched that on youtube it's a great video. The problem is the sleeve it won't come off. I can get the base off the mod ok I can remove the deck through the top of the sleeve and I can remove the chuff cap...Here's a picture of the problem

drip.docx

Attach the base to the mod.  Then try and pull the sleeve off the base.  It's just a press fit.  It doesn't screw off.  Since it's new the orings are probably dry so it might require a little effort. Try twisting the sleeve in the same direction as the thread to put the base on the mod.  Use rubber band,  paper towel - anything to help your grip.

once you get it off you'll want to lube those orings with a little juice to make it easier.  

Edited by Bebop

I guess I don't have the hand strength I have tried everything except putting it in a vice. I had my neighbor try too and he can't get it either. .I called Kangertech customer service and they weren't very helpful. I have to jump through a dozen hoops to get it fixed under warranty. Rather annoying really.... but if it gets fixed, so be it.

Thanks everyone for the great help and suggestions though!

Ok.  That is weird....

Let me make sure I understand.  Did you say you can take the RBA deck out without removing the sleeve? If thats true,  dripping a few drops of juice down the inside of the sleeve.  Let it work itself in to the space between the sleeve and the base.  Try rotating the sleeve on the base to work the juice in to the orings. 

Really weird that it is that stuck.

Maybe one of the orings slipped out of place and it jammed.

Did you try rocking the sleeve off as opposed to twisting or pulling?

You know I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight til you get that **** thing off. 

1 minute ago, Bebop said:

Huh what huh??? I'm awake I'm awake !:lol::lol:......and will be for a while. 

.... If it turns out to be some ebay thing...I'll be disappointed

I was starting to wonder if it's possibly a knock off and not genuine Kanger... 

Hi Tam, Bebop

No it's not ebay/craigslist it was a B&M purchase. I'm going to try to take it back to the B&M but the problem is that they have an "all sales are final policy". It's a small store and I guess they've been taken advantage of before. Yes,it's really a Kangertech and not a knockoff (Kangettech confirmed it when I called) and  I tried all of your suggestions and I'm serious.... it's like it's been welded.

Sorry you lost sleep over it..but I'm glad Tam made the coffee because with the storms we're having I won't get lonely ;) LOL

1 hour ago, Edna said:

Hi Tam, Bebop

No it's not ebay/craigslist it was a B&M purchase. I'm going to try to take it back to the B&M but the problem is that they have an "all sales are final policy". It's a small store and I guess they've been taken advantage of before. Yes,it's really a Kangertech and not a knockoff (Kangettech confirmed it when I called) and  I tried all of your suggestions and I'm serious.... it's like it's been welded.

Sorry you lost sleep over it..but I'm glad Tam made the coffee because with the storms we're having I won't get lonely ;) LOL

We get silly around here, Edna, it's not really aimed at you but others before you who have had similar problems. After going through every trick we know, we've found out that the original poster got it from eBay or another place and the hardware was a knock off. Basically, we were laughing at ourselves. I'm glad you have a sense of humor that is just as twisted as ours.  :D

Taking it back to your B&M is a good idea. Even if there are no returns, they might be able to help you fix the issue or... they might make an exception and exchange your tank for you. Good luck!

Just as aside -- Bebop never did come get his coffee after I made a whole pot just for him!  :popo:

.:coffee:

thanks, Tam!

Edna, if your B&M is smart they will welcome you to bring it in and they will fix it for free right in front of you and will send you home happy and with a free bottle of juice or something.  

My my boiling water for a minute trick didn't work either?  Hmmmmm....

time to pull out all the stops...... *rummaging through drawer looking for holy water, a silver bullet, there's a wooden stake around here somewhere....*

OH HAPPY DAYS!

IT"S FIXED ....well...they replaced it and are going to deal with Kangertech so I don't have to!

WAH-HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Shame on you Bebop for not getting the coffee Tam made for you ;)

Thanks for everything you two...You've been great!

• 8 months later...

Just got one and have same problem, have tried EVERYTHING to get it off.  I think its welded together.  Pretty irritating for sure.  Did you ever get it fixed or what did you end up doing with it?

20 hours ago, Jlovely said:

Just got one and have same problem, have tried EVERYTHING to get it off.  I think its welded together.  Pretty irritating for sure.  Did you ever get it fixed or what did you end up doing with it?

I took it back to the B&M where I purchased it and they replaced it and they dealt with Kanger. There is nothing you can do really ...trust me I tried everything known to man and it was stuck.

Good luck, I hope you get the issue resolved I really love my dripbox.