Saftey question

Liqwid

Hi I just bought a Triton 2 tank that came with 0.5 ohm Clapton coil. I dont like how hot it must be to vape on it. Is there a regular 0.5 coil that I can get for it? I hope I havent wasted my money. Im just nervouse that 4.2 volts is high for my battery 20 amp samsung in a kanger mini sub..

There are 1.8 Ohm coils available for the Triton/Triton2, and they have great flavor... and vape well at 12-18 Watts. 

I wish they had an in-between coil... like a 1.2 or 1.0 Ohm, but not yet :(  Also, they make an RBA deck for it, which works pretty well, and lets you build your own coils to the resistance you want... if you're comfortable building? 

But, I do recommend the 1.8 Ohm factory coils... they work and taste great, although they may not last as long as you want before they get a tight-draw and lose flavor... I've been getting between 4 and 7 tank-fulls out of mine before having to change the coil-head :(

A .5 coil at 4.2v is only 35w, and about 8.5A, you should be fine with a 20A battery. I vape a .5 coil at 10-12 watts but that's me everybody has different taste, and your juice can make a difference too.

1 hour ago, Liqwid said:

Hi I just bought a Triton 2 tank that came with 0.5 ohm Clapton coil. I dont like how hot it must be to vape on it. Is there a regular 0.5 coil that I can get for it? I hope I havent wasted my money. Im just nervouse that 4.2 volts is high for my battery 20 amp samsung in a kanger mini sub..

Are you using a Kangar Sub Box mini? With a Samsung 25R?  This is what I am gathering from your post.

Short Answer, you are perfectly safe with a .5 ohm coil up to 50 watts max.

Long Answer:

You are only able to adjust the Wattage on this device.  It has a DC/DC converter that uses Ohm's law to provide power to the coil.  With the .5 ohm Clapton coil at 50 watts the device is applying 5 volts to the coil.  It is only pulling 16 amps from the coil when your battery is at it's lowest.  (it is only pulling 13 amps with a full charge)

With a Variable Voltage mod you can't apply Ohm's law in the same way we would on a mechanical mod.  The only thing that matters to your device is the amount of watts you are asking it to supply.  The correct formula is: 50watts / 3.5V (low voltage cut off) * 1.1 to add 10% for the efficiency of the board.

So then I am still OK to run it at 30 watts 4volts? In other words no matter the setting on my device it should be safe as even at 50 watts (max) 5.0 volts should be only pulling 10 amps from the battery with is safe. Or am I totally wrong........?

So it is fine to Vaping at 4.whatever volts

Edited by Liqwid
sorry I'm just confused about voltage. so eine told me not to go over 4.6 volts so I just have it stuck in my head.

8 minutes ago, Tam said:

I can direct lung inhale but I miss the extra upper airflow control that the Triton version 1 had.  :( 

That's the only reason I still use the V1 :)  The V2 would be so much better if they kept that air-flow controller on the top!  When I use the V2, I have to slip-stream a little air past the mouthpiece, like I do with the Russians or Aerotanks...

Just now, Earthling789 said:

That's the only reason I still use the V1 :)  The V2 would be so much better if they kept that air-flow controller on the top!  When I use the V2, I have to slip-stream a little air past the mouthpiece, like I do with the Russians or Aerotanks...

When I opened the first Triton V2, I was really surprised to find that modification. That was one of the things that didn't need to be "fixed" yet they did anyway.  I have a confession to make: I ordered another V1 because I want to see if I can Frankenstein the best of the two versions together to make the perfect tank. I'm curious to see if the top of the V1 can fit on the body of the V2...  :) 

Edited by Tam