DNA 200 mod differences

VaporTron

10 minutes ago, VaporTron said:

Yes new features would rock! Ive come use to a feeling i get when vaping and its kind of hard to describe. Like when taking a pull in wattage/power mode the temperature continuously incresed during a button press, until released and that feeling i get in my throat saying "ok now that was a vape!" Doesnt happen in tc mode on the inhale like i am use to, all the way up to 500F then i start getting burnt cotton taste above 500F (possibly due to vg and 316l, 317l has no problems with vg "fatty acids" at any temperature) however you can feel it on the exhale @/around 420-450F im vaping more trying to compensate i guess...doesn't work...watt mode with 316l is still under test

I joined the evolv forum and did the escribe tutorial today. Cool stuff. A lot of diagnostics to run before vaping tho. Box resistance, battery stuff, ambient/room temperature...

I understand what you are saying.  I put my Velocity on my D2 with a dual Tiger Wire coil and vaped some Coffee Your Way.  It is a good feeling with the ever-increasing heat that gets hotter the longer you hold the button.

It has been so hard to not let my nerdiness take over and get a DNA200 just for escribe.  I have done the tutorial a couple times, just so I could understand what it does.  It allows you to customize just about everything about the mod!

I am just having a difficult time pulling the trigger.  I bought 5 mods, 1 tank, and 1 RBA plus shipping for less than a new VaporShark DNA200.  It makes it hard to justify. (for me)

1 minute ago, VaporTron said:

I wish i never got the rx i paid 80 at b&m thats half of the dna(and twice of the onlinep price)!!

Im putting all my eggs in the dna or nothing basket and i doubt but maybe the rx200 will be close

I am sure it will work for me, but not as well as a DNA200.  I picked up a couple of VTC mini's because the latest update allows users to set TCR on a few presets.  It's no escribe, but better than nothing.

The funny thing is I am really enjoying the NEBOX.  I need to buy a couple of backups, they are actually getting scarce, and going up in price.  IMO it is probably the worst TC mod I have, and it is in the bottom 50% of quality of vape of any device I have.... but I really like it!  It slips in my pocket, has huge juice capacity, the RBA is easy to rebuild, and it has pretty good battery life (at 40W)

I want one like that, pocket sized, Cheap so If it breaks i don't cry but a real nice vape

The ego batts and i taste get me nowhere with kanger tanks like ive outgrown them. the mech mod is ok but hate there is no battery indicator and "ramp up" coils dont work well.

Table 7 - Where different grades are used

Fatty acids- Up to about 300 ºF (150 ºC), Type 304 is resistant to
fats and fatty acids, but Type 316 is needed at 300 to
500 ºF (150 to 260 ºC) and Type 317 at higher temperatures.

you can find that like on any ss info page this one is at

so dont vape over 500F with 316l...and making 317l the only ss to use for wattage mode ( or over 500F )
Edited by VaporTron

Electric heating elements for appliances are generally made from 304, 316, or 321 stainless steel, some are coated some are not. I guess if its good enough for the oven it will probably work fine for vaping. I have only been using 316l in watt mode, and it seems to work pretty good so far, I will get a TC mod eventually that has SS mode for TC.

I am excited about SS.  I have not got any coming yet.  What is a good source?  Messing around with the Wire Wizard on Steam Engine it looks like the 430 has the best TCR, then 304, and 316, 316L, 317L are all the same.  I need to get some on the way.

Since I gave my VTC mini away I don't have a TC mod with true adjustable TCR.  My old Zero mod has a TCR adjustment, but it will only fine tune Ni200.  I have the RX200, and Wismec Persa 75 TC, and a couple more VTC mini's on the way (slow boat from China)  The word on the street is the RX200, and Persa's chips are all made by Joyetech.  Since they are all have updatable firmware, I have hoping they will all receive the adjustability.

It would be nice if they did get tcr the wismec ppl said they r working on it.

I havent ordered from this guy yet, i will next friday but everyone seems to enjoy his products.

http://www.unkamensupplies.com/collections/stainless-steel-wire

Ppl also getting 316l from beadalon (ie hobby lobby/Michael's .

I got my 316l from ebay

seller:wire-jumpring-depot

I got my 316l from Slowtech, I want to know what grade SS Kanger is putting in their new coils, that grade is what their new mods will be set up for. I canceled the mod I preordered because I found out it didn't have a SS mode for TC. I'll wait for the new Kanger 75w TC to come out next month sometime, it looks like a very promising chip setup. The 120w and 200w are too big for my preferences.

The DNA200 version has the Evolv board in it.  Evolv was kinda the pioneer of temp control.  The DNA200 is the "latest and greatest"

The main difference is the DNA200  has the ability to use Escribe to change the TCR's and temperature curves.  It also allows for quite a bit of other customization such as custom screens, messages, and other cool information such as information about the individual cells withing the lipo.  I has also been said that it provides a much more stable, and satisfying vape, but I have a hard time believing it is $100+ better of a vape...lol

It has been rumored that all of the Wismec boards are actually made by Joyetech.  I feel like this is a good thing.  Joyetech seems to be more open to consumer input and suggestions and are pushing the improvements through updates out very fast (see the VTC mini v3.0 software on a less than $40 mod with user adjustable TCR)

I want a DNA200 mod pretty bad, but I am really holding out hope the offer the same thing in a 70-75 watt single 18650 board.

1 hour ago, jasonculp said:

The DNA200 version has the Evolv board in it.  Evolv was kinda the pioneer of temp control.  The DNA200 is the "latest and greatest"

The main difference is the DNA200  has the ability to use Escribe to change the TCR's and temperature curves.  It also allows for quite a bit of other customization such as custom screens, messages, and other cool information such as information about the individual cells withing the lipo.  I has also been said that it provides a much more stable, and satisfying vape, but I have a hard time believing it is $100+ better of a vape...lol

It has been rumored that all of the Wismec boards are actually made by Joyetech.  I feel like this is a good thing.  Joyetech seems to be more open to consumer input and suggestions and are pushing the improvements through updates out very fast (see the VTC mini v3.0 software on a less than $40 mod with user adjustable TCR)

I want a DNA200 mod pretty bad, but I am really holding out hope the offer the same thing in a 70-75 watt single 18650 board.

Do you think its worth the price difference?

18 minutes ago, cany said:

Do you think its worth the price difference?

I really don't know.  I have never used a DNA200.  I have talked to a few people who feel it it not worth the price difference, and few that say it is worth it.

For me, at this time, it is not worth the price.

I am trying to load up on spares.  I can buy 3 evic VTC mini's for the price of one DNA mod.  If Vapocalypse happens, I would rather have 3 mods than one.  I personally don't see myself ever needing more than 50 - 60 watts (I have been stuck at 40 for many months) but I got the RX200 just in case.

Just now, jasonculp said:

I really don't know.  I have never used a DNA200.  I have talked to a few people who feel it it not worth the price difference, and few that say it is worth it.

For me, at this time, it is not worth the price.

I am trying to load up on spares.  I can buy 3 evic VTC mini's for the price of one DNA mod.  If Vapocalypse happens, I would rather have 3 mods than one.  I personally don't see myself ever needing more than 50 - 60 watts (I have been stuck at 40 for many months) but I got the RX200 just in case.

I really dont need a high watt mod I guess i JUST KINda want one for clouds

1 minute ago, cany said:

I really dont need a high watt mod I guess i JUST KINda want one for clouds

The only thing I have that will support high wattage day in and day out is my drippers.  If you use RDA's pretty often it could be worth it.

I mostly use my little D2 on my drippers right now.  I keep the Velocity closed down about half way and run it at 50 - 70 watts with Kanthal.  I only use it a few hours a week, in the evenings.  I have an old ipv3, but rarely use it anymore.

23 minutes ago, cany said:

I was gonna pair it with a Herkales pLUS I dont have any drippers

I just did some reading on the Herakles Plus and I must say, I am very impressed.  I really like the top airflow that adds to bottom airflow, really cool.

I would say if you are planning on running it in the 75 - 80 watt that this thing is capable of the triple 18650 mod is going to be a necessity!

That being said, I still am not sure if the DNA200 is worth $100 more than the RX200.

11 minutes ago, cany said:

Well right not the extra $100 is not an option for me lol

Dangit @cany!  If I push through the 2 carts I have loaded up (herakles plus, coils, RX200 silicone cover, VTC mini silicone cover, and the other one with 17 DIY flavors, PG/VG), plus what I have on the way...  I will have spent 6 months worth of vape budget.....

Edited by jasonculp

15 minutes ago, jasonculp said:

Dangit @cany!  If I push through the 2 carts I have loaded up (herakles plus, coils, RX200 silicone cover, VTC mini silicone cover, and the other one with 17 DIY flavors, PG/VG), plus what I have on the way...  I will have spent 6 months worth of vape budget.....

I was never very good at bugeting lol