Just one of those days

Started at 2.30 Am  when I was woken up by my wife screaming  by the time I fought my sleepy azz out of the nice warm bed I stumbled into the start of a flood Damm line under the sink decided it was time to blow...... After that the rest of my day was all down hill

Not a nice way to be woke up.

After a washer hose blew while we were both at work, I installed
'auto-off' flex connectors.

Pricey, but gives me more peace of mind in a 'not made very well anymore' world.

( not hard to install, just like a regular hose. They make them for sinks, washers, ice machines, etc. )

Not a nice way to be woke up.

After a washer hose blew while we were both at work, I installed
'auto-off' flex connectors.

Pricey, but gives me more peace of mind in a 'not made very well anymore' world.

( not hard to install, just like a regular hose. They make them for sinks, washers, ice machines, etc. )

Thanks Im gonna look into those I had a washer hose go a few yrs ago  good thing wife was home at the time

Cleaning up just a few gallons of water is an inconvenience... but at least you stopped it before you had to rip out carpet, drywall, tile, etc.  We had a hot water heater burst in the middle of the night, a few years ago, which dumped hundreds of gallons of water into two bedrooms, closets, laundry room, bathroom, and hallway.  It was days cleaning up the initial mess, and another 2-months drying out the wood, replacing carpet, drywall, insulation, heating-ducts, etc. :(

Cleaning up just a few gallons of water is an inconvenience... but at least you stopped it before you had to rip out carpet, drywall, tile, etc.  We had a hot water heater burst in the middle of the night, a few years ago, which dumped hundreds of gallons of water into two bedrooms, closets, laundry room, bathroom, and hallway.  It was days cleaning up the initial mess, and another 2-months drying out the wood, replacing carpet, drywall, insulation, heating-ducts, etc. :(

The water heater for our house is in the attic, first time I have seen that.  ( not very common where I moved from )

First thing I did was enlarge the catch pan and increase the pipe to the outside.

Hoping that will do the trick.