another vent leaking thread!

Vic

I bought VR2 with a mini Kanger tank and with the stock coil it doesn't leak out of the vent, With the coil you have to put cotton in it leaks bad. It seems to hit fine with a lot of popping. I'm wondering checking other threads and checking the gasket and all that and it still leaks with more and less cotton if The stock coil seals better then the rebuildable coil or can you fill them too full? I know the rebuildable is a lot bigger. Do you Guru's tighten them pretty tight? I just tried that but the tank is only half full now.

Which "mini Kanger" tank did you buy? Is it the Kanger Protank mini (versions 2 or 3), the Kanger Subtank mini? There are many "mini" versions of Kanger tanks. If you could narrow it down, it would make our answers more accurate.

Just a guess but it sounds like a Kanger subtank mini with the RBA section.  :)

Sorry, I think I have a good Nicotine buzz going. Its in my Kanger mini. So its the stock tank. The white and black ones.

My other pipe has the Kanger tank with red gaskets and works good with the 50 watt VR2. Im running the stock coil in it still.

Edited by Vic

I tightened the coil pretty tight and it seems to have stopped leaking. I guess the rebuildable ones dont seal unless u tighten them real tight. I will fill the tank again and see what happen's.

Normally leaking from the vents on a SubTank Mini with the RBA section is caused by improper wicking, not the seals.  Popping is usually caused by the wick being too loose in the coil.

I don't have the newer one with the holes in the sides, so I really don't know how to wick it.

You might hit up YouTube for a Subtank Mini V2 RBA tutorial.  It is a pretty easy RBA, but wicking it so that it wicks properly, and does not leak can be a bit tricky, even an art.

There are quite a few guys/gals on here that use them, hopefully someone will be along shortly with some useful advice, sorry mine wasn't too useful ;)

I did mess with the wick also so maybe that was it. I watched u-tubes on it and some would wick it and juice it then stick a little screw driver down and push the cotton away from the hole. I moved it so it's right up to the hole again.

What do you call the part the tank goes on with the battery in it? The one I put the Kanger tank on has vr2 on it. I left that wick longer and spread out the cotton so it actually sticks out of the holes a little in the tank. I might put it in that one tomorrow.

I did mess with the wick also so maybe that was it. I watched u-tubes on it and some would wick it and juice it then stick a little screw driver down and push the cotton away from the hole. I moved it so it's right up to the hole again.

I had an RBA that used both the holes in the sides, and holes in the bottom (Project SubOhm SauceCode) it was very picky about having the cotton just right.  If you didn't have the holes blocked (with the cotton) in the sides, and cotton touching the deck, it would leak.

What is happening is the tank looses vacuum right after you fill it, or when you vape it down to less than a 1/3 of a tank or so.  The holes are a path to the airhole under the coil and right out the airflow controller on the bottom of the tank.  Laying it on it's side when under wicked can cause them to leak.

I have learned so much but need to get these abbreviation's down now. RTA? RBA? 

I got up and couldn't wait to hit my Cinnamon roll with the new rebuildable coil. I guess it is not a pop but a couple crackles then it just hits like a thousand dollar vape pipe and I only have it up to 22 watts. My bought already made coil in my new kanger tank on the vr2 is set at 35 watts. I can tell its going to be a good day. Got to help my son and his new wife move stuff out of our house and garage today into a big race trailer for their move too for next weekend. The vr2 pipe is filled with vanilla bean so 2 flavors, Bring on this day! LOL

Is RBA the kanger rebuildable coil, or any coil a person can rebuild? and RTA the battery that the tank goes on?

Edited by Vic

Which "mini Kanger" tank did you buy? Is it the Kanger Protank mini (versions 2 or 3), the Kanger Subtank mini? There are many "mini" versions of Kanger tanks. If you could narrow it down, it would make our answers more accurate.

Just a guess but it sounds like a Kanger subtank mini with the RBA section.  :)

How can I tell what version it is, It just says mini and has red seals, cost me 45.00. I don't see anything about a 2 or 3.

I have learned so much but need to get these abbreviation's down now. RTA? RBA? 

I got up and couldn't wait to hit my Cinnamon roll with the new rebuildable coil. I guess it is not a pop but a couple crackles then it just hits like a thousand dollar vape pipe and I only have it up to 22 watts. My bought already made coil in my new kanger tank on the vr2 is set at 35 watts. I can tell its going to be a good day. Got to help my son and his new wife move stuff out of our house and garage today into a big race trailer for their move too for next weekend. The vr2 pipe is filled with vanilla bean so 2 flavors, Bring on this day! LOL

Is RBA the kanger rebuildable coil, or any coil a person can rebuild? and RTA the battery that the tank goes on?

RBA = ReBuildable Atomizer. - This is any type of atomizer that is designed to be rebuilt with a new coil or wick.  It is also used to describe the the removable section that is exchanged with a pre-made coil.

RTA = Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - This is a complete atomizer that coil section is designed to be rebuilt.

RDA = Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - This is a complete atomizer that has no tank and requires you to drip e-liquid on the coil and wick to vape it.

The part that provides the power to run it can be called many things:

APV = Advanced Personal Vaporizer, mod, battery, device, and many other things.

How can I tell what version it is, It just says mini and has red seals, cost me 45.00. I don't see anything about a 2 or 3.

On the SubTank Mini.  All version 1 were stainless steel only and had only 1 large Airflow slot, and the RBA section had no holes in it. 

Version 2 were stainless, black, white, and possibly other colors.

The tank was the only real difference.  The tank was the SubTank mini V2 and the Mod (the part that supplies the power) was a SubBox Mini.

subtank-plusI can't believe I got this picture posted, but this is the tank I put on my VR2 battery. It has the premade coil in it, I have the rebuildable coil ready. The one Im talking about above is in the white mini pipe tank I bought.

Kanger Pro Tank mini has versions 1, 2 and 3.

https://www.vaportalk.com/shop/pro-tank-3-mini/

The link below takes you to a picture of the Kanger Subtank mini

https://www.vaportalk.com/shop/kangertech-subtank-mini/

Then, there's the Kanger Subtank Nano

https://www.vaportalk.com/shop/kanger-subtank-nano/

Kanger Aerotank mini

https://www.vaportalk.com/shop/kanger-aerotank-mini/

As you can see, there are many "mini" Kanger tanks and that's not all of them, just a few.  :)

RDA = Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer

RBA = Rebuildable Atomizer

RTA = Rebuildable Tank Atomizer

RBA and RTA are basically the same thing and are used interchangeably. Hope that helped.  :)

The V1 tank and the V2 tank are nearly identical.  The main difference is the RBA section and the airflow section.

Kanger-SUBOX-Subtank-Mini-vs.-New-Mini.t

The one on the left is a V1.  It has 1 large airflow hole.  The one on the right has 2 smaller holes, one on each side.

Kanger-SUBOX-New-RBA-vs-Old-RBA.thumb.jp

The one on the left is the RBA section from the V2.  It has large holes on the sides to allow for juice flow.  The V1 on the right only has the 2 small holes in the base to allow for juice flow.

Coils.thumb.jpg.4da7a9ab76ad468cac7638a0

The 2 coils on the left are factory replacement coils, the right is the RBA.

Im getting it, LOL. I wondered why I liked the new tank I bought separate from the sub-mini kit I bought but I see the slot in the red gasket tank is bigger. Now I will write all these abbreviations on the back of my hand for quick references. LOL. I have to go load up more things for the move now but will come back and read these new post a few times so it sinks in, Thanks again for putting up with my questions I know you have heard a thousand times. I do search first!

Go you, Jason!  :D

I am actually avoiding all of the work I need to get done before tomorrow.  It is much more fun helping people on the web than it is to edit spreadsheets, and fix item numbers. ;)

This stupid computer system has taken over my entire life for nearly 6 months, it will be live 1 week from tomorrow, with or without all the problems... :animier:

Im getting it, LOL. I wondered why I liked the new tank I bought separate from the sub-mini kit I bought but I see the slot in the red gasket tank is bigger. Now I will write all these abbreviations on the back of my hand for quick references. LOL. I have to go load up more things for the move now but will come back and read these new post a few times so it sinks in, Thanks again for putting up with my questions I know you have heard a thousand times. I do search first!

You will get it!

Feel free to come back and ask all of the questions you want.  That is why we are here.  We want everyone to stay off the stinkies, and to vape safely!

Thanks for all the info, It helps alot. I hope I can buy a large slot bottom for my white tank if that's possible.

Actually I think that is a step backwards.  Mine (V1) just has the one big slot.  The V2 has 2 smaller slots. From what I hear the V2 has better airflow. (If you are into that)  I have been toying with the idea of getting the V2 base for mine, but I don't use my mini's anymore, except for backup.

Actually I think that is a step backwards.  Mine (V1) just has the one big slot.  The V2 has 2 smaller slots. From what I hear the V2 has better airflow. (If you are into that)  I have been toying with the idea of getting the V2 base for mine, but I don't use my mini's anymore, except for backup.

The total volume of the V2 (two slots) is greater than the volume of the V1, so the V2 should allow for greater airflow.  I only have the V2 mini, but a V1 Nano, and same coil, same juice, the V2 is like breathing... almost zero restriction, as compared to the V1 Nano, which has some restriction (and an airy-whistle)... sorry, but that's the best comparison I can make between the V1 and V2 bases :)