My new Uwell Crown seems to airy..is it me or watts?

DeWayne

Thanks for your help in advance.

I just received my new Crown Tank last evening in an attempt to step on up to Sub Ohm Vaping.  I've been used to my Nautilus mini with the 30W Var. Istick, vaping at around 13W.  I tried my new tank (.5 ohm coil) at 20W and up to the max, 30W and do get some vape firing but not a lot of flavor and way more air than I've been accustomed to. I'm hoping that I just need a more powerful Mod and perhaps a higher VG juice in order to become pleased with the new Crown's capability, but thought that I'd ask for some experienced advice.  Is something wrong with my new Crown or is it just my lack of experience ?

Thanks for your help in advance.

I just received my new Crown Tank last evening in an attempt to step on up to Sub Ohm Vaping.  I've been used to my Nautilus mini with the 30W Var. Istick, vaping at around 13W.  I tried my new tank (.5 ohm coil) at 20W and up to the max, 30W and do get some vape firing but not a lot of flavor and way more air than I've been accustomed to. I'm hoping that I just need a more powerful Mod and perhaps a higher VG juice in order to become pleased with the new Crown's capability, but thought that I'd ask for some experienced advice.  Is something wrong with my new Crown or is it just my lack of experience ?

What Comp said is the first thing I would try.  Close down the airflow quite a bit.  Next Cany was asking about the VG/PG ratio of your juice.  The higher the PG the more throat hit you will get, the higher the VG the more vapor you will get.

One problem you may run into, is the Crown is designed to be run at higher wattages.  30 watts may not be enough for it.  I run a similar tank at 40 watts with 80VG/20PG.  I also had to reduce my nicotine level from 18mg/ml to 8mg/ml.

Uwell Crown is a high wattage sub-ohm tank. 30W is not enough for 316L SS dual coil on that tank. If you got the optional RBA deck, 30W is maybe okay for single coil builds. As far as being airy, adjust the airflow like others' have suggested.

I appreciate the advice. Thanks to you all.  Last evening I gave it another tumble.  The problem wasn't the new Crown, it was my lack of experience with it and my attitude I suppose.  All is now well with me and the new tank.  I have ordered the Istick 100W however, for when I chose to move on to the .25 dual SS coil. I had no problem with the .5 coil on my Isick 30W last evening firing at mid 20 watts or so, just gave it a most robust draw and used a 65 vg 35 pg juice.  Again, thanks for the input. Much appreciated.