The Cloud Company - Full line

Adversarious1

This post is part one of a two part review.  Part two will be posted in this thread later this week.

Cloud Company is a new line from the makers of Suicide Bunny e-liquids.  Before I go further, it should be noted that Suicide Bunny has been the primary focus of having liquids containing high levels of diacetyl.  I won't go into too many details except to say diacetyl is an organic compound that naturally occurs as a byproduct of fermentation.  There is evidence (not from electronic cigarette use) that links diacetyl to a lung disease known as Bronchiolitis obliterans or "popcorn lung".  It has been determined to be an avoidable risk in the manufacture of e-liquids.

It should be noted that not all Suicide Bunny e-liquids were found to contain diacetyl and Suicide Bunny was not the only e-liquid manufacturer whose products were found to contain diacetyl.  As was mentioned elsewhere here in the forums, Suicide Bunny seemed to take the brunt of the exposure and was essentially the "scapegoat".  The debate continues, but currently there is no evidence Suicide Bunny still contains diacetyl in large amounts and there is no evidence any of its offspring (to include The Cloud Company and King's Crown) has ever contained diacetyl. 

Now…on to the review.  I received the full line of The Cloud Company liquids at no charge directly from Suicide Bunny.  There are four liquids in this line.  This will be part one of a two part review of the line and will focus on the first two of the four liquids I vaped.  The second part of the review will come later this week after I have a chance to sample the other two flavors.  Keep in mind these are my personal experiences with these liquids.  Everybody has different tastes and preferences and what I may like does not mean the next person will like it (and vice versa).

Cloud Company liquids, as the name sort of suggests, is marketed toward "cloud chasers".  The liquids are all "Max VG".  I'm sure each individual liquid has a slightly different PG/VG ratio depending on the amount of flavoring used in the recipes and whether that flavoring is PG based or VG based.  All four liquids are available in 0, 3, 6 and 9mg nicotine strengths and, from what I have been able to tell, are available in 30ml and 60ml bottles (although the samples I received are 15ml bottles).

Both flavors in this review were vaped on a Mutation X v4 with a basic dual coil of 24g kanthal, 7 wraps each around a 2.5mm screwdriver and measuring at 0.3 ohms.  The coil was wicked with organic Japanese cotton.  I re-wicked and cleaned the atty and coils between flavors to prevent cross-contamination of flavors.

The first liquid from the line that I sampled is called Arise.  The description, according to the Suicide Bunny website: Birthed by the much-loved Mothers Milk, this twist on the original maximizes smoothness and VG for great performance and flavor, cloud after cloud.  This didn't really tell me a whole lot by itself, so I took look at the description of Mother's Milk to get an idea of what it might actually taste like.  I also checked a couple of online retailers for a flavor profile and was met with the same basic description.  Essentially, it is supposed to be a "cream and strawberry" type of flavor, but that isn't what I got at all.

Maybe my taste buds were fooling me or maybe the description is way off base.  I got a strong sense of banana and a little bit of cream on inhale, with just a slight hint...and I mean very slight hint...of strawberry on exhale.  I like bananas, cream and strawberries, but this one just didn't "do it" for me.  Will I vape the rest of the bottle?  Probably not.  It isn't horrible tasting, but it isn't the best "bananas, cream and strawberries" or even "cream and strawberries" high VG e-liquid I've tasted. 

Purely from a "cloud" standpoint, the vapor production from this juice was exactly what I would expect from a max VG liquid being vaped on an RDA with a 0.3 ohm build.  Thick, billowy clouds hit after hit.  Although I am not a "cloud chaser" per se, I do like big clouds in the privacy of my "mancave" and I like my high VG liquids.  I certainly was not disappointed in the vapor production.

My score – 6.5 (out of 10), and that is based purely on flavor.  It just doesn't seem to deliver.  I expect flavors to be somewhat subdued in a "max VG" liquid, but to my taste buds, this flavor was way off base from what was described.  

The second Cloud Company flavor I tried was Sky.  The description, according to the Suicide Bunny website: This blend of savory, lemon cookie served with rich, sweet, creams are layered to provide a smooth experience.  At least I didn't have to go searching elsewhere to find out what this flavor is supposed to taste like. 

Unlike my experience with Arise, this one actually resembled what was described, although to my taste buds, it was more of a shortbread cookie with a dollop of cream and underlying lemon tones.  The flavor was consistent from inhale through exhale.  The flavors are there, they just didn't seem to hit my taste buds in the order I expected based on the description.  Someone else, however, could very well find the lemon overwhelming and not even sense the cream or cookie.  I will most likely vape the rest of the bottle.  In spite of my taste buds not necessarily agreeing with the flavor profile, I did enjoy it.  Will I go out and buy it again?  Probably not.  Even though I did enjoy it, bakery type flavors typically aren't my thing.  

Again, the vapor production did not disappoint.  In fact, I seemed to be getting slightly thicker clouds from "Sky" than with "Arise".  I would venture to say that is likely because this particular recipe calls for a smaller percentage of non-VG flavorings, thus allowing them to "max" out the VG even more.

My score – 8 (out of 10).  Overall I enjoyed it. It was pleasant and consistent throughout.

Part two of this review will be along later this week.

Your writing is always a joy to read.  :)

That said, you might set these two aside for a couple of weeks and then try them again. In my experience, with anything that has cream in it, it takes a few weeks for the flavors to "ripen" and come through like it's supposed to. You might be pleasantly surprised. 

Great review, I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of the rest of the line. 

This is part two of my two part review of the Cloud Company line of e-liquids

A quick reminder before I pick up where I left off:  The Cloud Company line of liquids is manufactured by Suicide Bunny.  Currently there are four flavors: Arise, Billow, Revel and Sky.  They are all Max VG liquids and each one is available in 0, 3, 6, and 9mg nicotine strength.  In part one I reviewed Arise and Sky, so obviously in this part I will be reviewing Billow and Revel.

These liquids were vaped on the same Mutation X V4 as the first two.  Same dual coil build at 0.3 ohms with a cleaning and re-wicking of the coils between flavors in order to prevent cross-contamination of the flavors.

One thing I forgot to mention in my original post is that all of these liquids are 3mg nicotine.  This may have played a small role in my taste buds either not picking up on certain flavors or experiencing them in a different order than was described by the company, but I doubt it.  I normally do 3mg nic when dripping and when I have sampled 0mg nic flavors in B&M's in the past and when I ended up purchasing a particular liquid, that flavor wasn't changed simply by the addition of nicotine.

Up first (or rather, third) in this part of my review is Revel.  The description of this liquid, according to the Suicide Bunny website: An interesting, flavor-morphing liquid—prepare to meet your new All Day Vape.  Every inhale brings a new experience: hints of sweet cereal with fresh berries and cream one time, and a beautiful mix of berries and citrus in the next.  This is a perfectly balanced, complex liquid that will keep you guessing.  Of the three flavors from the line I had vaped to this point, this description was the most spot-on.  I really can't add to the description because what is described is exactly what I got.

I found myself chain vaping this particular liquid.  It was very pleasing to my palate.  I literally found myself experiencing something different with every inhale, and sometimes I would get one thing on the inhale and something completely different on the exhale.  Cereal notes, fruit juices, cream...sometimes all three at once, sometimes two, sometimes only one.  My experiences covered such a wide range with this liquid that the only way to accurately describe it is by breaking it down.

I'm not much of a "cereal" flavor kind of guy, but this wasn't an overbearing cereal.  Not only that, but the cereal notes that come through aren't laced with a milky flavor.  The milky flavor appeals to many, but it does not appeal to me.  The most important note about the cereal notes is that it didn't remind me of Fruit Loops or Trix.  Instead, it reminded me of "Berry Berry Kix".  When I was getting the cereal flavor, it was always accompanied by a berry flavor.  The cereal flavor was usually accompanied by the creamy flavor, but not always.  And again, it was not a milky flavor, it was definitely cream.

The other primary flavors I was getting were citrus and tart berry, primarily lemon, lime and raspberry…a nice combination that is right up my alley since my normal ADV (from the day I started vaping) is lemon based.  Not lemonade, straight lemon.  I got the occasional hints of cream with the citrus, which was different.  The creamy hints almost made it seem like a lemon meringue or key lime pie.  Of the four flavors in this line, this is the flavor I would consider buying again, but only if I found it on sale.

As with the first two, vapor production was top notch.  I would put the vapor production of this one on par with the vapor production of Arise.  Thick, dense clouds, but not quite as thick as the clouds I was getting with Sky.  

My score – 8.5 (out of 10).  It's good.  I liked it.  There is a lot going on with this flavor.  Where Sky was consistent throughout, Revel was exactly the opposite.  I never had two identically flavored drags in a row…and that had me wanting to go back for more.

Last up in the Cloud Company line was Billow.  The description, according to the Suicide Bunny website: Reminiscent of a coconut creme (note: "creme" is their spelling, not mine) cake drizzled with sweet, salted caramel, Billow provides the smooth, rich flavor that Suicide Bunny has always been known for.  Admittedly I was hesitant to try this one.  I have tried several other e-liquids with caramel and so far I have only come across one that I actually liked…until now.

As with Sky, my personal taste buds picked up on the flavors listed, but they picked up on them in the opposite order the flavors were listed.  This isn't a negative thing and it isn't indicative of how another person may experience it, it's just that I personally picked up the salted caramel on inhale with the coconut cream cake on exhale.

The salted caramel is what really popped for me on this particular flavor.  The caramel isn't extremely strong, but it is definitely noticeable.  Each inhale was smooth and pleasant without being overbearing.  The exhales were the same, with the coconut cream cake being just as smooth and pleasant as the caramel.  Would I buy it?  Probably not.  I enjoyed it, but dessert vapes simply aren't my cup of tea (at least for now).  And I actually received two bottles of this particular flavor, so I have enough to last me a good amount of time.

As with the other three, vapor production was up there.  If you are a "cloud chaser" and you aren't picky about your flavors, none of these will disappoint in terms of vapor production.  I consistently had dense clouds of vapor with each of these flavors.  Even with 1 to 3 second hits, the vapor production did not disappoint.  That should be expected with any "max VG" liquid, though.

My score – 8 (out of 10).  Smooth, consistent, spot-on flavor, excellent vapor throughout.

I have plenty of other liquids that I will be reviewing in the near future.  There will be reviews like this one, where I review full lines and there will be reviews where I only review one or two flavors from a particular line.  Some of my upcoming reviews, in no particular order, will include: Suicide Bunny (their main line, 4 of the 5 flavors); King's Crown (Suicide Bunny's third line – full line of 4 flavors); Cosmic Fog (2 flavors); Motley Brew (2 flavors); Whiskey Rebellion (2 flavors) and more.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines