Back again :-) questions on 808s

Hi guys been awhile again. Been running an ipv mini 2 and the atlantis and now the atlantis 2 for awhile now and looooooove the setup but as with the old days I'm looking for something more public friendly again. I know i kind of used to b the 808 go to kind of guy around here but I've been out of that part of the industry for a hot minute. So, can i get some recommendations on vendors/models you guys enjoy? Thanks! And hi to all the vets around here that might remember me :-)

Hey, Blu... glad to see you again!

I've not seen a 808-style in a while, but I'm sure they are out there?  For public-friendly, I always have a small eGo battery (650-1100 mAh), either the long, skinny ones, or the shorter, fatter ones, and use a KPT3mini tank on it.  The KPT3mini is a dual-coil, and you can get coils for it down to 0.8 Ohm now, but I prefer the 1.5's due to their small size of tank.  Cartomizers are still available... I recently picked up another pack of BOGE LR for working in the yard (less chance of breaking anything glass).

Personally, I've used my larger rigs (like the IPV-mini / Russian combo) in public and had some good, some bad receptions.  Some people will be rude to you if you're drinking a Coke instead of a Pepsi... so you can't please all the people all the time :) 

I guess the real question is this.. are you wanting very small, very portable for stealth-vaping, or just something that doesn't look like you're dragging around a nuclear reactor with a portable chemistry-lab on top of it to avoid public pressure?

Oh its not about public pressure really, just miss the cigalike look i guess, and 808s always were where my passion was. I just enjoy the vape from them, but it would also b nice not to have a nuclear reactor in my pocket at a Royals game ;-)

Hey!!!!! Funny enough I just came back last week,  I'm out of the loop too. I still use veteran vaper, VT, ecig express...... They have all been around a while. Not much help with the 808, I'm still. 306 dripper. I still use ego or evod batts. My sweet spot i guess

Welcome back, Blu! Nice to see you again.  :)

Compenstine used to have a bunch of 808s at Fadora Vapor, if I remember correctly. His site is down for maintenance but you can PM him here.

I've moved on to Eleaf iStick 50W for my main battery. The IPV mini and mini2 are okay, but they couldn't compete with the 4400 mAh battery life with the iStick. Pair those with the HH.357 direct drip atomizer from Avid Vaper and I'm a happy camper.

Hey Blu, Yes I have some 112/808s and I can give you a site that still sells them as well. I don't think I have much listed on my site for the 808s, But I could do a quick inventory and price for what I have. I know I have just a couple attys about 10 or so auto batteries and chargers. I think I may even have a USB pass through.

This place still sells them

http://www.bestecig.com/Products.asp?bid=1

All be it that the prices are a little high it is the only place I know that still has them.

Oh wait I miss lead you,

I thought the 808 and 112 were the same but they are not. PM me if I can help I will/

Edited by Compenstine

I never thought I'd hear people talking about 808's after all this time. We keep them in the back of the retail store for old timers that still use the penstyle's. (We don't list them online) but I have chime in say that Arno is an awesome dude with top notch customer service. Glad to see he's still around

808s actually did make leaps and bounds in technology over their 510 counterparts back in the day. From the horizontal lr coil cartos, to the regulated 3.7v batts, etc... unfortunately the place i wanted to order from most (v4l), looks as if its going into a death spiral financially. I will probably get most of my stuff through smokelessimage.com and my cartos through halo since they still make and sell lr cartos. Just something easy to carry around, and something that reminds me of the simpler good old days of vaping :-)