ATT Newbies & Vets Alike - Sub Forum Requests

Hi Folks, 

So we plan to add some new sub forums to the board this week. (a few have already been added) What sub forums do you feel are missing that you'd like added to the forum? 

A few suggestions have been "open politics forum" and "request for opinions/reviews" (already added) Are their any other sub forums you'd like added?  

How about a "Mech Mods" subforum and a "VV/VW" subforum?

Oops, Ignore that post, I just went out to "Home" and saw they pretty much already exist. I really need to venture outside of the "General" forums more

How about a "Mech Mods" subforum and a "VV/VW" subforum?

Oops, Ignore that post, I just went out to "Home" and saw they pretty much already exist. I really need to venture outside of the "General" forums more

lol yes they are there already. I should create a "you might be interested in" section at the bottom :)

I don't know if the forum software allows it, but I would like to be able to mark a sub forum read from the main page. For example the games sub forum in the lounge holds no interest to me. I see new posts in the lounge, and click it. Then I see the new posts are only in games. Mark it read and go back to the main forum listing. Not a big deal, just figured it goes along with the question.

How about an "Advocacy" sub-forum? I realize this would be similar in nature and related to "Campaigning", there is a distinct difference between the two; to me at least. Where "Campaignig" seems to be directed at specific laws legislators are trying to pass, "Advocacy" is more about educating the mis-informed and the under-informed as well as standing up for our rights.

Just a thought but a area forum might be nice, not every state but maybe areas like SW, NE, SE, different areas where people could discuss local B&M shops or local events.

How about an "Advocacy" sub-forum? I realize this would be similar in nature and related to "Campaigning", there is a distinct difference between the two; to me at least. Where "Campaignig" seems to be directed at specific laws legislators are trying to pass, "Advocacy" is more about educating the mis-informed and the under-informed as well as standing up for our rights.

Not a bad idea. The campaigning forum was supposed to be sorted of aimed at this but may have been named wrong. Would renaming the forum to include both work or do you believe a separate forum would populate topics fairly quickly? (We're open to either honestly so long as the sub forums as used) 

Not a bad idea. The campaigning forum was supposed to be sorted of aimed at this but may have been named wrong. Would renaming the forum to include both work or do you believe a separate forum would populate topics fairly quickly? (We're open to either honestly so long as the sub forums as used) 

Initially I was thinking two separate forums because they are two different, yet intertwined things.  Case in point - California SB 140, which I'm sure you're up to speed on, is a legislative bill as opposed to a ballot proposition.  The voters have no rights.  This is where "advocacy" comes into play.  If it were a proposition, there would be very deliberate "for" and "against" campaigning.

Ultimately, I think a renamed "Campaigning/Advocacy" sub-forum would suffice.  But you're the boss ;)

Initially I was thinking two separate forums because they are two different, yet intertwined things.  Case in point - California SB 140, which I'm sure you're up to speed on, is a legislative bill as opposed to a ballot proposition.  The voters have no rights.  This is where "advocacy" comes into play.  If it were a proposition, there would be very deliberate "for" and "against" campaigning.

Ultimately, I think a renamed "Campaigning/Advocacy" sub-forum would suffice.  But you're the boss ;)

Nope I think that's a good idea. It might drum up some more topics. As for California at this point I'm voting we're earthquaked' out of the country too 

It does and has since inception :) Just click the sub forum icon. (See image) 

Forums   Vapor Talk E Cig Forum.png

Unless you mean mark a sub sub forum as read, then that is something we'd need to add in. 

I was under the impression that the blue bars were category separators not forums. Didn't notice until your arrow above basically underlined the description, that what I thought  was a "forum" was actually a "Sub Forum".

At this point I think some topics that will engage discussion would be good for the forum and bring activity levels back up where we used to be. For a lot of us, our questions have been answered and we have answered the same ones about a thousand times. I know that is the purpose of the forum in the most basic explanation and we will keep doing this BUT I think some ideas I like  would be

Picture Subforum: Post pics of anything not indecent (or indecent if you are hot) lol

Politics Discussion Subforum

"In the news..." Subforum

Sports Subforum

"420" Forum? (I know this goes against forum guidelines BUT it would be optional to visit and is a very interesting topic to many here I think anyway)

etc.....

At this point I think some topics that will engage discussion would be good for the forum and bring activity levels back up where we used to be. For a lot of us, our questions have been answered and we have answered the same ones about a thousand times. I know that is the purpose of the forum in the most basic explanation and we will keep doing this BUT I think some ideas I like  would be

Picture Subforum: Post pics of anything not indecent (or indecent if you are hot) lol

Sports Subforum

"420" Forum? (I know this goes against forum guidelines BUT it would be optional to visit and is a very interesting topic to many here I think anyway)

etc.....

I like those ideas too.  Well, I can't necessarily say I like the "420" idea...definitely not my thing, but I can understand the logic behind the suggestion.  Maybe a whole area related to "non-vaping" topics where bcarter's ideas could all be incorporated.  I have seen several "non-vape" topics in what could otherwise be considered vaping sub-forums.  An "other" area would give us a clearer avenue of where to post those topics without hijacking a vaping sub-forum.

If a non-vape related forum/sub-forums were to be created, I would also suggest a "Hobbies" sub-forum and an "Entertainment" sub-forum (to discuss music, movies and TV).

Some great ideas here and the 420 or THC based sub forum is being heavily discussed by the staff at the moment as it's the taboo topic no other forum wants to discuss. (And interestingly Vapor Talk was started once upon a time after some disagreement with ECF members. May as well keep the controversial roots going ) At any rate if we did include such a sub forum it would likely have it's own category with a heavily regulated set of rules to ensure those topics didn't leak out into the main forum.  

Sports Subforum

etc.....

I like the pictures idea, one of my hobbies is editing funny photos.😁:D

I would love to see a sub that allowed discussion on that which we cannot discuss here (420).  Also those dry vaping devices.  I know nothing about them as I'm too lazy to seek out forums that discuss these topics.  My whole goal was to quit tobacco and I've been successful for over 2 years largely thanks to VT and have no intention of trying out something that might be more harmful to my lungs, but I'm still interested in what's out there, and censoring never seems a good solution.  Education not Legislation!  1234 we don't want your effing war!  Et al. :)

I would love to see a sub that allowed discussion on that which we cannot discuss here (420).  Also those dry vaping devices.  I know nothing about them as I'm too lazy to seek out forums that discuss these topics.  My whole goal was to quit tobacco and I've been successful for over 2 years largely thanks to VT and have no intention of trying out something that might be more harmful to my lungs, but I'm still interested in what's out there, and censoring never seems a good solution.  Education not Legislation!  1234 we don't want your effing war!  Et al. :)

If you haven't already, then you should vote on this topic here discussing this exact request :) http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/topic/26843-marijuana-sub-category/