YoCanTech FavoTank Review

I received a FavoTank for review a couple days ago, and I must say, it is a very well-built sub-ohm tank.

The kit includes SS/Pyrex tank, with spare Pyrex tank section, three coils (0.2 Ohm OCC, 0.5 Ohm OCC, and 0.5 Ohm wickless ceramic), and Pyrex wide-bore drip-tip.

First inspection of the tank shows very little machine oil, solid o-rings, well-fitting parts (clean threads), and smooth/square tank glass.  The air-flow control opens from single, 1.25mm port, dual 1.25mm port, single 6.5mm port, and single 9.5mm port; however, the coil-head's intake port is four 1mm ports leading to the internal body of the coil, so there is very little difference between the two largest port openings.  Still though, the tank has ample air-flow for 0.5 Ohm coil function and direct lung-hits, but slightly "tight" for 0.2 Ohm coil function at high Watts.

The tank is solid, and well made... very much like the Kanger Sub-tank in design, with the look of an iClear 30-series on top.  The capacity is 4.8ml with the OCC heads, and slightly less when using the ceramic-heads.  Filling the tank with a metered-syringe, I was able to add 4.5ml with room to spare. 

Metering all coils showed the 0.5 Ohm OCC head to be spot-on, the 0.2 Ohm OCC head to be 0.28, and the 0.5 Ohm ceramic to be 0.48 Ohms.  All but the 0.5 OCC head will only fire on my IPV-mini2's or a mech-mod, which is sad that you must have a higher-end APV before using this device.  I do wish higher Ohm coils were available!  Not everyone wants to sub-ohm this low!

Vaping the tank is not quite as smooth as the Kanger Sub-tank or Horizon Arctic, as these OCC coils do seem to have a tiny delay before energizing full-power on my IPV-Mini2, but it is not bad, and allows me a little air-flow lead-in before the vapor hits, and this does seem to mitigate the "extreme-hot" vape experienced from the Arctic Tank when using 0.5 or 0.2 Ohm coils.

The OCC 0.5 Ohm coil wicks well, and chain-vaping at 30W has yet to yield a dry-hit.  At 50W (for my juice), there was a slight burnt taste, but then again, the coils are rated for 20-150W (suggested), so my particular 50/50 juice just doesn't like that much power.  I have not tried the 0.2 Ohm coil, and it is rated from 20-60W (suggested), which seems low?

The wickless coils are rated 20-35W, which seems odd to me, as my particular 50/50 juice did not have a burnt flavor at max-power (70W) from my IPV-mini2, although the vape was a bit "dry" and hot for my tastes.  Vapor production seemed to have a sweet-spot around 30W (just like the OCC head), and the vape was surprisingly cool, compared to the OCC heads.

Overall, my first few days with the tank have left me with a positive impression.  Longevity of the coils and durability of the glass tank-section will be determined later, and cost/availability of replacement coils will give this a 3.5-star rating for now.  As mentioned (I believe by Compenstine, in his review), I do wish they offered an RBA deck for this tank, and possibly, they will offer one, as the ceramic-head is large enough to support builds!  I also have not found 0.8 or 1.2 Ohm coils for this tank.  I do wish they were offered, as this tank has great potential with other vapers if it were not strictly a 0.5 Ohm (or lower) tank...  If 0.8-1.2 Ohm coils were available, the buying-market for this tank would increase 500%?

2015-06-29%2011.58.22_zps0ztvyxmi.jpg

Like Comp, I'm really liking the wickless ceramic coil on this one, but I do wish it were available in higher Ohms.

If you want higher than 0.5 Ohms (or wider range or available coils), I would suggest your first Sub-ohm tank to be the Kanger Sub-Tank Mini (with RBA deck), or the Horizon Arctic.  Both have coils available in 0.8 and 1.2 Ohm, and for me, the higher Ohm coils produce far better flavor and a satisfying "thick" vapor. 

This YoCan tank is really nice, and appears well-made.  The function/design is similar to the KPT, and the air-flow is better than expected. 

Earthling pretty much knocked it out of the park. But I figured Id add mine here

My Yocan- Favotank review,

Let me start with the shipping, I was impressed at how fast I received the tank and how well it was packaged.

When I opened it up I was nice too see the tank etc, were all in place in a nicely made box for them. In the box was the favotank(with a .5occ coil already installed and a spare occ coil as well as a ceramic coil and a spare Pyrex glass tank. Upon first glance I was impressed with the looks of the tank,Then I proceeded to take it apart. It came apart easily and very smooth, the threading was smooth and easy to unscrew and the o-rings fit like a glove. In the reassemble it was flawless and also very very easy.

The body of tank is all stainless steel and the tanks are Pyrex. The tank holds 4.8ml of juice.

The drip tip has two o-rings (which Im a big fan of) and its fits very snug in the tank a big plus

On too the vaping I set it up on my Istick50w with a 30/70 custom blend dessert juice between 24/30 Watts. Ive been vaping it straight for two days with the stock occ coil and I must say the flavor/vapor is outstanding.

I havent tried the ceramic coil yet but plan on it soon

All in All Im digging this tank If your looking for a nice easy to use well built sub tank I would highly recommend this tank.

• 1 month later...

Earthling pretty much knocked it out of the park. But I figured Id add mine here

My Yocan- Favotank review,

Let me start with the shipping, I was impressed at how fast I received the tank and how well it was packaged.

When I opened it up I was nice too see the tank etc, were all in place in a nicely made box for them. In the box was the favotank(with a .5occ coil already installed and a spare occ coil as well as a ceramic coil and a spare Pyrex glass tank. Upon first glance I was impressed with the looks of the tank,Then I proceeded to take it apart. It came apart easily and very smooth, the threading was smooth and easy to unscrew and the o-rings fit like a glove. In the reassemble it was flawless and also very very easy.

The body of tank is all stainless steel and the tanks are Pyrex. The tank holds 4.8ml of juice.

The drip tip has two o-rings (which Im a big fan of) and its fits very snug in the tank a big plus

On too the vaping I set it up on my Istick50w with a 30/70 custom blend dessert juice between 24/30 Watts. Ive been vaping it straight for two days with the stock occ coil and I must say the flavor/vapor is outstanding.

I havent tried the ceramic coil yet but plan on it soon

All in All Im digging this tank If your looking for a nice easy to use well built sub tank I would highly recommend this tank.

I gotta add Im lovin the way this Favotank uses up 99% of the juice before running out

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines