vaping chart

BFD

Ive been using one of those ohms law vaping charts to figure out how much power to put to my coils and i am thinking that its crap or a least the one i was using, i can use way more power than the chart says and now that i know im having a much better vaping experience, are there any worthwhile charts or all trial and error?

Maybe not all charts are "crap", but I would say it's more trial and error. Certain juices need more heat while others (like fruit flavors), prefer a cooler temperature. I adjust accordingly for best flavor and say to hell with the numbers.  :lol:

spjard.jpg

If you're referring to a chart like this one, that was back when most vapers were using cartridges & atomizers or cartomizers. Things have changed dramatically since many of us started using heavier gauges of wire and switched from NiChrome to Kanthal A-1 (and other resistance or no/low-resistance wire).

I wouldn't call it obsolete yet. It just does not take in to account modern builds. It still applies to off the shelf coils and fixed voltage devices and basic set ups

Yes, those charts may not be 100% correct for all combos of tanks, RTAs, RDAs... and all APVs, BUT, they are far from obsolete or incorrect.  They provide a good starting point, and also provide a reference-point (for safety) for a new vaper, so they don't pick-up a new Nautilus, 1.6 Ohm coil, and then try to shoot 150W through their coil, causing possible, catastrophic outcomes :)

Gotcha ,i came into this having some knowledge of ohms law, voltage, and wattage due to my a/c and electrical background and guess i forget about those who know nothing about those things,and looking at it from a safety stand point it does make sense for said people