battery help

BFD

Another guestion I have is how do i make sure im getting authentic eleaf isticks and not a cheap knock off?

if you have the box it came in then there should be a QC (quality control) or COA (Certificate of Authenticity) without those things idk if you can confirm it but I highly doubt if they have cloned the Istick 50w yet

if you have the box it came in then there should be a QC (quality control) or COA (Certificate of Authenticity) without those things idk if you can confirm it but I highly doubt if they have cloned the Istick 50w yet

I just looked in the box mine came I dont see any (Certificate of Authenticity) :crybaby: :crybaby:

I just looked in the box mine came I dont see any (Certificate of Authenticity) :crybaby: :crybaby:

Didn't you get yours from Vape Royalty? The ones I got from them all had QC cards inside the box at the very bottom under all the other separators.

Didn't you get yours from Vape Royalty? The ones I got from them all had QC cards inside the box at the very bottom under all the other separators.

I got mine from the shop I go too :dizzy: :dizzy:

The 50W I recently bought came with the QC card, although the two 20W models I bought right after Christmas did not have any QC cards (but the 20W models came from the V|T Store, so there should be no doubt to their authenticity).

Can i plug my 50w istick usb charger into a cigarette lighter adapter without causing damage and if so what are the pros and cons?

Amps are drawn by the device, not pushed by the source...

The iStick requires a charger that can provide at least 1A (1000mA) to properly charge.  It will charge with a smaller Amp rating charger, but it will go slow, and it may cause a cheap charger to burn out (too much demand of it).

Charging by your car-charger will not damage the iStick, nor will it harm your car, but if the charger cannot deliver at least 1A of power, it may become damaged.

Another charging question do they make a charge stick like they use for cell phones that would charge my istick. (Charge stick =battery that charges other batterys)

Yes, they do, but in order to fully charge a 4600mAh battery, you'd have to charge it from a 9000mAh battery (basically the size battery found in emergency lighting in your workplace's hallways and bathrooms).  Using those small square or round portable batteries does not fully discharge their "charge" into the recipient battery, either... they reach a saturation point, where both batteries are near equal, but the donor battery will never fully exhaust it's charge into the dead one.  So, to fully charge any dead battery, you'd need to supply it with nearly 2x what it needs.

Honestly, the best thing to do is charge it the correct way via wall-charger or mobile-charger (car)... and leave the gimmicky portable charging batteries for what they do best... give you a quick boost of power to a dying cell-phone so you can make a call or two. 

I've had to use my MVP 2.0 as a cell-phone booster once, and the phone drained the MVP, but only provided enough charge so I could make maybe 15-min of calls and send/receive a few texts.  BTW, the cell-phone battery is basically the same mAh as my MVP, which proves the point I was trying to make about portable power-packs.