Draining tanks

Adversarious1

So there I was, minding my own business as I was grilling some bacon wrapped chicken on a beautiful Southern California evening. I loaded up my LEMO with my favorite juice, grabbed a beer and prepared to start watching the Ducks beat up on the Jets in the NHL Playoffs.

I took a hit. Great. Took another. Wonderful. I was vaping along when all of a sudden, "BAM!!!", dry hit. No bueno. I let it sit for a couple minutes, checked to make sure I didn't have the wattage too high and, "BAM!!!", another dry hit. It quickly became apparent to me that it's time to re-wick the LEMO.

Problem: Anybody familiar with the LEMO knows the tank does not screw in. Removing the base/deck to re-wick will essentially let it leak like a sieve. I now have almost 5ml of juice I don't want to simply dump, (it's worth saving, trust me).

Has anybody else run into a similar situation? Like I said, the juice is worth saving if I can. It's that good. I'll dump if I have to, but only if it becomes obvious there are no other solutions.

Those little 2-tablespoon medicine cups come in real handy for these occasions...   I open the fill port and crack the top (or bottom) and let the juice flow into one of those cups.

Getting it back into a tank is fairly easy... put the juice into an empty bottle (or needle bottle), or use a syringe to suck it up and put it back into the tank.

[Yeah, I've done this once or twice :) ]

Another great idea. It's too bad I didn't have my phone ready to snap a quick pic when I popped my head into the house to tell my wife not to throw away any nedicine cups from the kids' liquid medicines...ever. The "WTF" look on her face was priceless.

I told her not to ask questions because not all men are from Mars..I was stealing an idea from an Earthling.

I told her not to ask questions because not all men are from Mars..I was stealing an idea from an Earthling.

^^^Hahahaha good one. I just take off my top cap while holding down the glass tank firmly and dump as much out in a spare bottle.

Another great idea. It's too bad I didn't have my phone ready to snap a quick pic when I popped my head into the house to tell my wife not to throw away any nedicine cups from the kids' liquid medicines...ever. The "WTF" look on her face was priceless.

OMG... THAT made my night!  +1000 :clap:

Good call, Earthling.

Back when I first started to rebuild coils, my friend gave me a list of 'nice' to have equipment for the process.

One of them was a blunt needle syringe.
When I got to kayfuns and russians I found out why.

No fuss, No mess.

^^^Hahahaha good one. I just take off my top cap while holding down the glass tank firmly and dump as much out in a spare bottle.

I use this method too on most tanks.  The lemo 2 has a top fill and you can drain it from there, it is messy and slow.  TBH I am so lazy, I would probably vaped a flavorless tank and then rewicked...lol

I use this method too on most tanks. The lemo 2 has a top fill and you can drain it from there, it is messy and slow. TBH I am so lazy, I would probably vaped a flavorless tank and then rewicked...lol

The top fill on the lemo 2 has me looking at it. I actually like the lemo for 1 - 1.5 ohms, it's just a pain in the @$$ to fill and drain.

Speaking of draining...I opted against it out of, as jasonculp alluded to...laziness. Dropped the wattage and I am almost finished with the tank. Not getting the dry hits, but it isn't quite as warm and flavorful as I normally like it.

Oh well, a few more hits and it will be done, then I can re-wick and enjoy it as I normally do.

I keep a bunch of these little restaurant-style 8 oz. sauce containers for my lunches.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SK59UR6?psc=1

They're cheap and come in handy for so many different things! Might consider getting some? :)

I have a bunch of those in the 4 oz. variety. I keep them on hand to mix paints for airbrushing model tanks and planes.

You can get them at Gordon Foods (GFS Store) as well. ^^^

I usually just snag a few from the salsa bar at my favorite Mexican restaurant. [emoji15]